DoBox Mini - Wireless Hub for iPad and iPhone
True wireless connectivity with an all-in-one hub compatible with every iPhone and iPad version
This project will only be funded if it reaches its goal by Wed, June 5 2019 4:52 PM UTC +00:00.
The DoBox Mini is in production stage. That means we can guarantee the first shipping date for the fastest backers!
The DoBox Mini has multiple ports to connect an internet cable, flashdrives, hard drives, keyboards, TVs, projectors, monitors or speakers, and use them wirelessly through your home Wi-Fi network. Compatible with all iPhone and iPad versions!
How to use the DoBox Mini?
- 1. Plug in the USB-C and an ethernet cable
- 2. Connect to your home network on your iPhone or iPad
- 3. Use the DoBox app to control all features and functions
With DoBox Mini you can now connect to more external devices like never before. DoBox Mini is a Portable Wireless Hub for iPhone and iPad. 7-in-1 Wireless Adapter with 32GB Internal Storage, USB-C, Ethernet, 2xUSB, Micro SD, Audio Out and HDMI. DoBox Mini gives you the connectivity you were missing from your Apple device.
The DoBox Mini has multiple ports to connect an internet cable, flash drives, hard drives, keyboards, TVs, projectors, monitors or speakers, and use them wirelessly through your home Wi-Fi network. So you don't have to connect your iPhone / iPad to the DoBox Mini physically. Save yourself from dongle hell!
Mouse on iPad/iPhone
For the first time ever, you can use a traditional mouse and keyboard on your iPad in our app. Use our built-in browser for all online tasks just like on a Mac. Leave your MacBook at home and control it remotely with our unique Screen Sharing Client based on VNC technology.
You can backup your photos, videos and documents wirelessly and securely offline. DoBox has its own internal storage plus a microSD card reader. Plug in a microSD card to extend the storage or connect a flash drive to access your files. Never lose your files again!
Use DoBox Mini as a media center through HDMI. Play your favorite videos, presentations or pictures from its internal storage using your iPhone or iPad as a remote controller. Control everything from the comfort of your chair!
Now you can share, copy and manage all your music, photos, videos and documents without restrictions among your devices and among your friends. You can use this feature on any iPhone, iPad, Mac or PC. Free your files from the iOS prison!
Free DoBox Mini App
You can easily manage all functions with our free iOS app. You can see DoBox's status, access external devices, use the app as a remote controller, receive notifications and online updates. Store and manage your files and connect to your laptop remotely.
Why is DoBox Mini better?
With regular USB-C hubs, you are still tied to your cables when you plug anything in. Besides, they are just for the new iPad Pros and you can't use them with any other Apple device. Unlike other USB-C hubs, DoBox Mini is a truly wireless solution that works with all iPads and even with iPhones with iOS 10 / 11 / 12.
The Problems We Solve with the DoBox Mini
We love Apple, but we also feel limited in its possibilities. In the recent years, Apple has been intentionally reducing and changing the ports on its products, while making us buy over-priced adapters. We have an iPhone and an iPad, but we felt frustrated, because we faced the following problems:
- We couldn't easily connect our old speakers, keyboards, projectors, etc.
- Everything needed a separate adapter, but we could plug in only one cable
- When connecting a cable, we lost the advantage of mobility
- We couldn't attach a flash drive or an external hard drive to our iOS devices
- We couldn't share, edit and backup files with others offline
DoBox Mini vs Original DoBox
We started to develop our first product the DoBox in 2016 and we sold more than a thousand units already. It is in mass manufacturing and now you can buy it on Amazon US or on our online store.
Since our start we have grown into a professional team and we also acquired our first funding from HiVentures, a VC company from Hungary.
This January we won an Innovation Award at CES 2019 in the Computer Peripherals category! We saw the need for a small home version of the original DoBox so we came up with the idea for this product.
- Full aluminium body
- Chip: Quad-core Cortex A7
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Storage: 32 eMMC
- Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mbps (Gigabit)
Size and Weight:
- Height: 0.71 inch (18 mm)
- Width: 5.12 inches (130 mm)
- Depth: 2.52 inches (64 mm)
- Weight: 5.71 ounces (162 grams)
Support and Guarantee
We will send software updates online to your DoBox continuously to fix possible problems and bugs. If you have any problems with your DoBox, simply contact us, and our customer service will help. You receive one year guarantee for the hardware.
Copyright notice: DoBox and DoBox Mini is a brand of Fruitdock Ltd. All trademarked terms are the property of their respective owners. Fruitdock Ltd. makes no claim to affiliation with any trademark holders including Apple and others. The design is patented by USPTO.
- Will the mouse work in all apps?
- Initially, the mouse will function inside our app, but we offer an open source software development kit for app developers, so they can implement the DoBox's functions into their own apps. The system-wide cursor is not enabled on iOS by Apple.
- Does the mouse work only in a remote app?
- Basically there are three ways to use the mouse with the DoBox:
- 1. Within the DoBox app and built-in browser
- 2. In our remote app as shown in the video,
- 3. In third-party apps, if they implement the DoBox SDK.
- What iOS version is supported?
- Currently our app works with iOS 11 and iOS 12 and planning to extend to iOS 10 to support as many versions as possible.
- Does it need a jailbreak?
- No, absolutely not. All functions are based on official programming libraries.
Risks and challenges
We have to apply for different certifications (CE, FCC, etc.). We may face possible delays, but we will do everything to deliver on time. We create custom kernel and software, but we use such solutions that will allow for online updates. This way we can fix possible bugs, and continue to work on the updates. Each DoBox Mini will be tested before dispatch, and we also give one year guarantee.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter