UPDATE as of 3/8/13!! Reach Goals:
UPDATE as of 2/28/13!!: Media Coverage!
To support, click the green "Back this Project" on the right above, or click on any of the pledges to the right. BOYS - PLEASE SUPPORT US TOO! :)
Why You Need THINX
THINX is underwear for the 21st century and there's nothing else like it. THINX has a unique support matrix hidden within beautiful underwear that has you covered every day of every month. This high-performance, patent-pending underwear is leak/stain-resistant, anti-microbial, moisture-wicking and lasts for several years. No more worries or embarrassment - just full support, superior comfort & style.
To discover the other important reason to own THINX, please see www.shethinx.com. There is a one minute video there that may very well shock you that is key to our inspiration. Watch it and then come right back!
What is THINX and How Does it Work?
This washable, reusable underwear has taken more than 3 years to create and is literally a dream come true. Not only does our patent-pending QUAD-DRY BreatheTECH support matrix work to keep you fresh and dry, we're also psyched to say that this underwear is beautiful, breathable & comfortable.
Quad-Dry BreatheTECH are super-thin, high-performance materials that:
- Act as back-up to traditional methods, and will not replace these during heavier days (we're working on creating this style next!)
- Completely replaces liners on light days
Quad-Dry BreatheTECH Animation Video:
What are the styles offered in the first line?
There are four distinct styles, all made with the highest quality laces & softest nylon/poly or silk blends. All come with a user-facing (stain-resistant) black inner lining of soft, breathable cotton, and each style has a a recommended use of light, medium or heavy day/night coverage.
What Are the Colors?
All styles come in nude or black which you will select AFTER the project closes. We will send out a survey at that time!
What are the Sizes?
Our sizes are the same as those at Victoria's Secret, so if you know your size there, you'll know it here. You'll select by survey AFTER the project closes.
Top 4 Reasons to Own THINX
1) They can completely replace any need for disposable liners on light days.
2) You'll help the environment and save $$$ in the long run.
3) When you buy one pair, a very important need is filled for women & girls around the world. To get the full story that you must know (and again, may be shocked to hear), go to www.shethinx.com.
4) They'll be some of the most comfy & well-made undies you'll own and you won't have to worry about embarrassing moments again.
Hiphugger THINX ($28 Retail, Kickstarter = $25)
Every girl's MUST-HAVE pair! For beautiful comfort & coverage
- Full coverage in the back for the most protection & zero wedgies
- Low cut & super comfortable stretch-lace waistband
- No muffin-top worries & limited panty lines
- Medium to heavy day/night coverage
Cheeky THINX ($34 Retail, Kickstarter = $30)
Closest to the "va-voom" of a thong but with more coverage & comfort
- The most low-cut in the front around the waist
- The least coverage in the back that still maintains superior support
- Super comfortable stretch-lace waist & leg bands
- No muffin-top worries & VERY limited panty lines
- Light to medium day/night coverage
Shapewear Comfy THINX ($68 Retail, Kickstarter: $56)
For superior support, body sculpting, coverage & warming comfort
- Includes a hidden front and back inner pocket to place a warming insert to alleviate cramps - or stash ID/cash! (watch video below!)
- Includes a set of two warming inserts for cramps & discomfort
- Higher shape-wear cut for superior support & comfort
- Control-top feel gives you a hug all day long as it disguises any swelling
- The most superior absorption of all pairs
- Medium to heavy day/night coverage
Animation of Comfy Heating Inserts + Pockets:
Limited-Edition THINX by NAVEN Kickstarter Exclusive ($89 retail, Kickstarter price: $59)
Beautiful high-fashion pair for those who want something special with support and coverage. Limited-edition Kickstarter Exclusive designed by NAVEN, a sought-after designing team in L.A. (did we mention they're also twins?).
- Higher cut with elasticized waist about 2 inches below belly button
- High-end stretch-lace sides for superior comfort & beautiful appeal
- Soft upper band - no muffin top worries & limited panty lines
- For medium to light day/night coverage
Two Absorption Support Systems
- THINX Overnight Lining (Shapewear Comfy ONLY) – Double the moisture-wicking absorption in the areas you need them most on heavier days. Includes a double absorption layer up the back as well. Can cut back use of disposables.
- THINX Day Lining (all other styles) – Single layer of moisture-wicking absorption in the areas needed on lighter days. Serves as a great back-up to your current routine or as a complete replacement for panty liners.
Where We’re at Currently
With your support, we can make THINX available to help improve the lives of women and girls around the world. Let's do this!! Your contributions will fund:
- The minimum costs of materials for production (includes lace, fabric, moisture-wicking technology, leak-resistant technology, anti-microbial technology, packaging, labels, stocking fees, internal shipping, etc.)
- Website development including a fully functioning e-commerce ability
- Product development including a pad insert unlike any you've seen before, matching bras for each THINX & future product lines that we CAN'T WAIT TO SHARE! The more we raise, the more we can bring you!
Each pair of THINX comes beautifully wrapped & with a stylish note. Specific rewards are listed below and to the side including our favorite tote below! And definitely check out the $225 – EARLY BIRD SPECIAL - 1 pair of each style + 2 VIP launch invites (est. $160 value)! Pick your location: LA, SF, NYC or CHICAGO
The THINX Team
THINX was created and co-founded by three entrepreneurial friends (two of whom happen to be identical twin sisters which makes their co-founding friend Antonia's head spin!). Miki is the founder of WILD (currently known as Slice Perfect www.sliceperfect.com), a farm-to-table pizza franchise based in NYC, and Radha is the founder of Super Sprowtz (www.supersprowtz.com), a children's media company that inspires kids to lead a healthier and happier life, also based in NYC. Antonia is a PR/Marketing Executive and classically trained cellist who has been overseeing the production, design and operations of THINX for the last two years.
How to Order/Make a Pledge/Add REWARDS:
There have been a lot of questions on this, so here we go! :) Start by clicking on the actual reward box you want, one of which looks like this:
OR - you can click the green button at the top right of the project's main page that looks like this...
... a page that looks like this below. Once there, you'll need to scroll to find your reward (or rewards, plural - yes, you can get as many as you'd like!)...
... just take out a calculator and add up your reward costs to find the total...
And don't forget to ADD the Shipping & Handling fees! These are what gets THINX to YOU successfully!
... once you have that TOTAL, enter it into that open white box (under "Alrighty!" on the rewards page), and make the pledge via Amazon. You'll get a confirmation email from them and when time comes around to fund the project, we'll be in touch with specifics to confirm your order from there!
Risks and challenges
We've spent most of the last year working with our partners to mitigate as many risks as possible, however we know there can still be hurdles along the way. We'll always share updates with our community about challenges, including these:
Ship date: We've built in extra time for the production and are confident we'll ship by the estimated dates, but there is always a chance that things will take longer than planned.
Product: As we refine THINX, slight changes may be made and we will be diligent in making sure that everything is done to the highest quality standards. If it takes a few weeks more to do just that, then that's what it will take.
Supplier coordination: We work with a variety of suppliers to source the best materials and ensure the product is developed correctly. Each supplier has its own challenges, which may affect its partners, including us.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)