Blink1Control IFTTT connector for Windows
Thanks everyone for being patient about non-programmer documentation and applications. We are working constantly towards making blink(1) as easy-to-use as possible.
For Windows users we now have the Blink1Control application available to match the OS X version. You can download it from the "Downloads" sidebar at http://blink1.thingm.com/ or directly from here: http://thingm.com/blink1/downloads/Blink1Control-win.zip
All future versions will live at that URL too, so as we make update we'll put them there.
Like the OS X version, Blink1Control normally lives in your system tray quietly doing its thing. Right-click to see some status, or double-click to bring up its main window. It also supports the Blink1Control URL API. Note that Blink1Control for Windows does require the .NET Framework 4.5, a free download from Microsoft. (We're looking into how to relax that constraint)
As we've been using blink(1) with IFTTT for a few weeks now, we've noticed our initial configuration UI in Blink1Control for connecting the two could use some work. If you know a good HTML designer/programmer who understands MVC and is a fan of frameworks like Ember and Backbone, please have them contact us at blink1 at thingm.com; we would love to hire them.
In other ways of connecting blink(1)s in Windows and other OSes, our GetSatisfaction forum has seen some neat community additions, like:
- a Python library : https://getsatisfaction.com/thingm/topics/more_comprehensive_python_support
- IFTTT & Raspberry Pi : https://getsatisfaction.com/thingm/topics/ifttt_watcher_for_raspberry_pi_linux
- Continuous Integration Build Light : https://getsatisfaction.com/thingm/topics/continuous_integration_build_light_github_project_started
And on the Net there's been a ton of fun things made. Here's a sampling:
- Blinkenlights .NET extensions for blink(1) : https://github.com/misterspeedy/BlinkenLights
- Node.js library for blink(1) : https://github.com/sandeepmistry/node-blink1
- blink(1) morse code : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdNwBsjO4G0
And as always, thank you all for supporting us!