Meet The Dutchman
The Dutchman, eh? A joint used for centuries in utilitarian woodworking is now brought to new life with this minimalist utilitarian hanger/charger/organizer. Simply and sleekly take care of all your comings and goings with The Dutchman.
All of our hardwoods are sourced locally. From the Blue Ridge Mountains to The Outer Banks, all our woods grew up in North Carolina, just like The Dutchman!
Walnut, Ash & Cherry - Sourced from naturally felled trees in the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina.
River Pine - River pine or “old growth pine” was cut more than 150 years ago. Because the trees were slow growing and so dense with pitch many of them sank to the bottom of the Cape Fear River as they were transported to the nearest mill. When the mills along the river closed up in the early 1900’s these sunken trees were forgotten in the muddy bottom. Using sonar we can now locate these sunken logs and give them a new life.
• Take your Dutchmen anywhere!
• Sliding “Dutchmen” make it truly customizable allowing it to work for you.
Our Goals and Your Goals
The Wood Studio is a custom furniture shop based in Wilmington, NC. We're small and we like it that way, but, we have to keep the lights on. That's where you all come in, help us to keep making unique pieces and products.
We want all our customers to keep up with what's happening in the shop and to participate in making new and unique products. Check out our custom furniture and stay up to date on our blog: thewoodstudio.us
Lastly, A sincere THANK YOU for helping make this happen!
Handcrafted in the USA
We make ‘em, we pack ‘em, we ship ‘em. Right here in Wilmington, NC. Better still, all of our materials grew up and lived here!
Production & Fulfillment
• Once the surveys are in we will begin gathering all the materials, with our sources already lined up, we foresee this process to be relatively smooth. Surveys/Material, 1-2 Weeks.
• The first step of production will be cutting the Dutchmen. Thankfully, once our CNC router is setup and running we can efficiently produce these little guys and move on to the next step. The Dutchmen, 2 Weeks.
• While the production of the Dutchmen is underway we will begin producing the wall mounting systems, since the final wall mounts will be produced on separate equipment, we will be able to make them in sync with the production of the Dutchmen. The Mount, 2 Weeks.
• Once all wood cutting has been completed we will be shifting over to finishing, with a large area dedicated to professional finishing, this step should move along swimmingly. Finishing, 1 Weeks.
• The finish has dried and the daunting task of packaging and labeling is upon us. Thankfully we've done our homework and with your survey information in hand, we'll get your Dutchmen boxed up and out the door. Packaging/Mailing, 2 Weeks.
For press inquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Risks and challenges
Production is just waiting on you! It took a lot of production research and experimenting but we are set up and ready to fill orders.
Timing will be our biggest challenge. With that in mind, we ask our patrons to be patient as we value quality and want to get you the product you deserve! We will keep everyone informed as we progress through the fulfillment process.
We understand that there may be unforeseeable challenges and if those arise we will keep our loyal backers up to date and in the loop.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (33 days)