Working to bring CLT a newer and more reliable TIN Truck so that fans can get our delicious tacos more frequently! Please help us out! Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on September 29, 2012.
About this project
The TIN Kitchen is a “freestyle” gourmet food truck and catering company, serving unique and creative cuisine, primarily in the form of tacos. We support local farmers when possible, and create daily specials using seasonal products. We opened up in January of 2011, and have been delivering our tasty eats to loyal customers throughout the Charlotte area since. So far, the results have been overwhelmingly positive. Click here to see what people are saying about us:
We have, however, encountered some challenges revolving almost entirely around the reliability of our rickety truck, “Bessie.” We have had several major mechanical issues, including motor, transmission, and brake malfunctions, and have repaired the generator about a half dozen times. Our largest concern is not being able to get out to our spots to serve our customers. So we have devised a solution and need your help!
We have already purchased a new truck, “Clifford” (it is big and red). We have also purchased a brand new stove and hood system. In addition, we have had the truck inspected, put on new tires, and put it through a full tune-up! We plan to put the truck in the shop and have it built out to our specifications, and have it up and running reliably as soon as possible! Here are some of the things that we will be installing in the new truck:
• A new, quieter, more efficient, and more environmentally friendly generato
• Installation of a hood system, stove, and other miscellaneous cooking equipment • Installation of a roof mounted air conditioner/heater (very important – it gets hot in the truck!!!)
• Purchase and installation of new electrical and plumbing systems • Purchase and installation of a 68-pound propane system to power our cooking equipment
• A new, larger refrigerator to transport more food for our patrons to enjoy! The new truck will provide The Tin Kitchen Team and all of our wonderful customers with a great deal of benefits: • Most importantly: increased safety – no more brake malfunctions!
• Greatly increased reliability – fewer breakdowns mean more operating days • Faster service – Our new stove/kitchen design will be more efficient from service standpoint!
• The new truck is more environmentally friendly • The new generator is incredibly quiet (especially compared to our current one) • Same great food and friendly service from the Team
• Same great classic look of our current truck, without the dents! Should we exceed our goal, we also plan to look into installing solar panels on the roof, and an outdoor stereo for our customers! In a business that is largely weather dependent, we have enough challenge in maintaining consistent business without having to factor in a broken truck! With our new vehicle, we will be able to go out every day, at any time, and avoid most, if not all unexpected truck malfunctions! Please help us achieve our goal of raising $15,000 (we are ideally trying to get to $25,000;) to fund a new food truck, and then come join us for a meal!
Thanks in advance for your generous support, THE TIN KITCHEN TEAM
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)