The Complete SNES: Pocket Edition is a pocket-sized Super Nintendo Entertainment System collector book. This book covers the US releases for the SNES, which is well over 300 pages. It offers full-color pages that features box art, a screenshot, a concise write-up and check boxes to not only track your collection, but your play status with each game.
- 350+ Full Color Pages
- Brand New Cover Art - Drawn by Indie Game Artist D.J. Medina
- Art for the Box and Screenshot for each game
- Streamlined Write-Up of each game
- List of Publisher, Developer, Year Release and Amount of Players for each game
- Check Boxes to track your collection, play status and even write in your own rating
Believe it or not, this was the original idea for the collectors books, which we now call the "Complete Series". Something that can fit in your pocket or go in your backpack to carry around when going game hunting or to conventions. The first few releases had both versions of books and it'll be great to go back to our roots!
With the Complete Series of books, the idea is for a minimalist format on pages to make for an easy read. This is even more important with the pocket books so that way it is very usable for anyone to track their collection along with being a unique way to track your play through of the Super Nintendo library!
If you have the Definitive Edition of the Complete SNES, you'll notice a few modifications have been made to streamline things for the smaller pocket size. Because the format is a little taller, there is also room for some extra boxes for tracking purposes making this book extremely useful if you are obsessed with the Super Nintendo!
We are excited to offer Limited Editions of three different brand new Super Nintendo games! All three of these games are really cool in their own right and these LEs will feature unique box designs that have continuous art on the spine making them part of a set.
Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death - CollectorVision Games
If you like Old School Platforming games, Sydney Hunter is for you! Traverse through caves and whip your way through perils and treasure.
Little Medusa - Mega Cat Studios
Little Medusa is a really fun overhead action-puzzle game where you must clear out all of the level to progress. Super addicting and rewarding all around.
Socks the Cat: Rocks the World - Second Dimension
Socks the Cat was previously one of the thought to have been lost prototype Holy Grails of Unreleased SNES games, this game has not only been found, but it has also been overhauled and fully finished!
With the Complete SNES we had the honor of having some amazing people contribute to the project. From YouTube personalities, authors and even musicians, everyone has a unique style to them and a true love of the Super Nintendo!
- $30 - The SNES Pocket Book - This is what the project is all about, a compact SNES book to take with you on the fly!
- $60 - The SNES Pocket Book and SFC Pocket Book - Get the Pocket Book and Support the SFC Book Stretch Goal at the same time.
- $70 - The SNES Pocket Book and Definitive Hardcover - Missed out on gigantic the Definitive SNES or want to get another copy for someone? Get both and at a great price!
- $100 - Both Pocket Books and Definitive Hardcover - Missed out on gigantic the Definitive SNES or want to get another copy for someone? Get all three books and at a great price!
- $80 to $260 - SNES Aftermarket Limited Edition Games - Choose one or get all three games plus the books! These will be full CIB releases with unique box art and the spine art will go together creating a full picture.
- $150 - Hagen's Alley Paperback Book Treasure Box - *Limited to 10* This is a custom wooden box that I'll be staining SNES grey, glossing by hand and lining with red, which will fit the paperback book, along with any other paperbacks that we have!
- $200 - SNES Character Canvas Painting - *Limited to 5* Choose any Super Nintendo character that you want to be painted on a canvas! I paint these by hand and do a heavy emphasis on the pixel art with more of a heavy brush/lighter background keeping the bit-based outline intact.
- $460 - Get Everything from this Project! - *I will break the limits with this tier!* For those that want it all in one single place. Get every single new item I'm offering in this campaign! You get both the SNES and SFC Pocket Books, all three Limited Edition SNES Aftermarket Games, the SNES Treasure Box and I'll paint you a SNES Character Canvas Painting. It'll be a ton of work, but will be fun to create.
Bonuses are always fun to come up with. This time let's shoot for the fences!
- @ 10K - Bonus Book Content - We will add in 12-16 pages in a section for Physical SNES Aftermarket and Homebrew Releases to the main printing. (Things like all three game releases associated with this Campaign!)
- @ 15K - Second Book Unlocked - We will create a Second Pocket Book exclusively on the Super Famicom which will be about 120 pages. (Production time will take longer and will ship separately from the SNES Pocket Book and other items, with the exception of International Orders that will ship all together when everything is completed)
- @ 20K-25K - Time for Upgrades! - We will add a box protector to the SNES CIBs and we will upgrade the paperback books in every way we can!
- @ 30K and on - More Bonus Book Content - If we get this far we will add all of the other sections covered in the Definitive Edition to the SFC Book, transforming it into a SFC and other SNES Collectibles book. The second bonus book will be getting close to the size of the main 300ish page SNES Pocket Book. We will be adding PAL Exclusives, Unreleased Games, Super System Arcade Games, and even Rare SNES Collectibles.
With every Kickstarter Project there are crazy budgets that have to be done. Here is the breakdown on how things work out with this project.
10% - Kickstarter Fees, Taxes and Charges (This is always a constant)
80% - Print Run Fulfillment, Artists, Editors, Game Developers, Etc
10% - As many of you know from previous projects, there are always things thing come up and this final 10% will be used as an emergency fund to cover anything unexpected. Leftovers will be used to cover excess expenditures
As always we couldn't do anything without your support. Thank you and as long as people enjoy what we are putting out, we will keep going!
Also, a huge thanks to CollectorVision Games, Mega Cat Studios and Second Dimension Research & Technology Group for collaborating with this project.
Risks and challenges
NOTE: International shipping rates from the US have gotten so expensive that it costs essentially double the price of the book to ship to most countries. This is something we cannot control unfortunately.
As this isn't the first book we have had published, the main challenge is getting this all to print in the most efficient way possible. Coming to Kickstarter gets the best exposure and allows people to support authors like myself in order to make our visions a reality! We honestly would never be able publish a book like this all on our own and this community is amazing for supporting ideas like this.
We try to have the books in a semi-state of completion before bringing them to Kickstarter. However keep in mind that contributors, artists, an editor and physical production are all factors that could extend the time it takes for the book to come out in a timely manner. My previous project took multiple months beyond estimation because of a ports issue from other countries. The date of delivery is a "worst-case" scenario and the plan is to have it out much earlier pending no issues arise.
The goal amount for this project is based on the minimum amount it will cost me to do a small full book print run, after Kickstarter fees and taxes (which are the same as the previous projects). Any support beyond this amount will allow us to do a larger print run and add extra features, which, being an author, is an exciting prospect!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)