The Strange #5 is a 24 page, Full Color comic on quality paper with a gloss cover!
JUST ADDED! A NEW INCENTIVE FOR THOSE THAT LIKE ARTWORK!
Who is 0101? This mysterious Cyber Gladiator that appeared from nowhere and dominated the Battle Pits of the Carnage Carnival! Where did this strange warrior come from? What is his connection to the world of Transhumans?
This is an all out Battle issue as The Occupation and the Fuller Epsilon Forces clash! Defending the Catacombs is Orphan, Commander Caraway and the rest of the main forces of The Occupation! Commander vs Commander as Caraway and Good face off and we learn something of their history.
Also in the last issue, Lady Red has been sent to gather up her sister Lady White! Pretty Boy and Beko meet for the first time since Issue #1! And lurking in the background is everyone's favorite vigilante genetic vampire, Useless Girl! She found her Alpha!
Everything is leading up to the final Issue #6 and the end of the mini series!
Welcome to the world of 2688!
Have you ever wondered how mankind will ever attain Super Powers? In The Strange, I explore just that question along with many others. I have always called The Strange a science fiction story with a hidden super power agenda. I think that the future of Super Powers, and how Mankind will one day obtain them is not through radiation or other pseudo science means, but through science. Hard science. Most of which exist in infancy today! Of course, Mankind needs a goal, and survival is the greatest among them.
I also explore our culture and the compulsion to achieve beauty at no cost. The slow transformation woman/men are taking to essentially become more than human! This all leads to one logical conclusion: The Transhumanism! Man slowly becoming machine. And the eventual final change, The Posthuman! Not everyone embraces (or can afford) this new way of life. The human becomes a Sub Human, or normal, and the Transhuman is the advanced life form. Evolution is taking its next step!
Beko’s world is gripped in a Mini Ice Age after two devastating Natural Disasters. The oceans are drying up as the Ice Poles glaciers begin to advance. No Man lands are created on the old Sea Beds. These beds are hunted by roaming bands of Cannibal Gangs. Since most animals are gone except rodents and birds and the Sea animals thought to be extinct, food is created synthetically in the cities or forged in the desolate lands around the cities. Sea water is transported to cities via large pipes and processed into drinking water there. The skies are cold grey most days are filled with rain. The sun makes an occasional visit. Plant life overgrows in some areas and struggles to survive in others. What the Earth needs is a Hero! They are going to get one!
This Trading Card promotion is running through six of my Kickstarter this year. Each Kickstarter will feature a set of cards from a different comic produced by Top Secret Press.
For instance, this Kickstarter features Cards #9 & #10 (The Devil's Back). The cards will not reprinted or overproduced. Each set must be obtained by Backing Individual Kickstarters.
The Devil's Back #1 has already passed. I thought about having a 'Freebie' Project (or two) at the very end to allow those that missed it to get in, but for now, we will have to see. I might just not have time.
𝙏𝙤 𝙦𝙪𝙖𝙡𝙞𝙛𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙙𝙨, 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝘽𝙖𝙘𝙠 𝙚𝙖𝙘𝙝 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙥𝙖𝙞𝙜𝙣. Any level of Pledge for a Print Product will get the cards; a Pledge as low as $7 will receive the cards. The cards will be delivered with your normal Incentives of each Kickstarter.
The following Kickstarters (Dates will be announced later), and which cards go to which campaign, are here:
1) The Devil’s Back #1 - #1 & #2 The 7th Sister
2) 3CORPS Vol. #1 Trade Paperback - #3 & #4 Betty Wicked
3) Betty Wicked #4 - #5 & #6 Legend: Hell’s Executioner
4) Legend: Hell’s Executioner #4 - #7 & #8 The Strange
5) The 7th Sister #3 - #9 & #10 The Devil’s Back
6) The Strange #5 - #11 & #12 3CORPS
There will be more Incentives added as the kickstarter progresses. Check back often to see what is new!
Risks and challenges
Hello and welcome to the The Strange #5 Kickstarter!
Some of you already know me, and some of you don't, so let's get acquainted. I'm John Daniel Taylor IV, the Owner and Creator of most of the Top Secret Press products. We are entering our fifth year of making color comics, with over 35 successful and completed Kickstarters behind us.
Let's talk about this Kickstarter...
1) ABOUT THE COMIC - We are in the lettering stage on The Strange #5, so like all the comics I am working one, we should have plenty of time to reach our shipping date.
2) SUPPLIES ARE LIMITED! The Strange is coming to an end with Issue #6 and so the Incentives are starting to run out. After we are done, I'm not printing any more.
3) SHIPPING - Well, shipping is becoming an issue. Even at $7, I lose money on shipping a single issue in the USA. My new comic price is $8 for a single issue. I don't like to do it, but I see most people asking $10 for a PDF, so I think I am safe. Everybody knows when I started this, the idea was to produce great comics at a low price. I'm trying to keep to that promise, but shipping costs make it harder at every turn. My International shipping costs are as tight as I can get it for you guys. Not a penny over if possible.
4) ABOUT WHAT IS MISSING - I am streamlining down what I sell with my Kickstarters to reduce cost (shipping and printing) and upgrading the quality. Trade paperbacks and a few older, lower selling titles have been moved to our Etsy Site. The comics on this Kickstarter are First Prints, but even those are starting to grow thin. Anything else can be obtained at the Etsy site.
5) WHERE DOES THE MONEY GO? - As far as where the money goes, 80% goes to the artists and printing; the rest to Incentives, Kickstarter Fees and Shipping. Every penny counts! I get paid in copies that I sell at shows when I promote the product.
6) ABOUT THE CURRENT MISSION OF TOP SECRET PRESS - This year (and next) we hope to release a project (Comic book or playing card) every month. This program starts in April (2019) and continues until March (2020). This is an attempt to get out the backlog of books (many in the final stages) we have been promising. Next year we will be streaming these books and possibly moving to a higher platform for sales. But right now, we would like to get current on some of the projects you guys have been patiently waiting for.
7) The Strange #5 comic is scheduled for a December, 2019 release.
Okay! That's it for now! I hope you can pledge to help get this series finished! Thanks in advance everyone! You guys are great! All of you!
Any questions, please email me!
Thanks for the support!
John Daniel Taylor IV
Top Secret Press
Owner / Editor / Writer
If you want to know more about Top Secret Press. Check us out on these Social Media sites:
Learn about accountability on KickstarterLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (37 days)