So like, who are you?
We’re The Rooks! Don’t you remember us from that time you were wandering around the lower east side and stumbled into Pianos? Or that time at Alpha Delt? Or that time at Brittney’s bachlorette party? We were wearing those track suits…
OK It’s coming back to me… what do you sound like again?
Imagine if Frank Ocean and D’Angelo got a little too hyped at a Carly Rae Jepsen concert, so they left to go chill at a dive bar with David Byrne.
I don’t get it.
Neither do I. We’re still working on that one.
But here's our music:
So why are you doing this?
We’ve been working for 5 years to perfect the sounds that we’ve been hearing in our heads, and after two EPs, several tours, and more hours spent watching Beyonce live videos on youtube than we care to admit, it’s time that we finally put all of that energy into a full-length album. A recording we can be proud of… Something we can point to and say, “Yeah, that’s us.”
OK, I get it. So where is my money going?
If you give to our campaign, the bulk of your money will go to help us pay for:
- Booking a recording studio
- Paying our producer and engineers for their time and work.
- Paying the musicians who will perform with us on the album, and help us bring these songs to life
- Mixing and Mastering, which are words that we heard mean making the record sound “good.” TBH they just sounds like sorcery to us.
Is that all?
Even if we hit our goal, there are many more things that your dollars can help us do to make the album even bigger and better. Any additional money you contribute can go towards things like:
- Hiring additional musicians to play on the album (think horn section, strings, percussion, etc.).
- Creating physical copies of the album on CD and vinyl
- Album artwork
- Digital distribution (spotify, apple music, tidal, etc.)
- Live touring in a city near you
- Spencer's nose job (OK, not this one...)
I’ve heard that Garth just lip-synchs to a pre-recorded track. Is that true?
I don’t understand the question--- and I won’t respond to it.
OK. Anything else?
Thank you all so much for your love and support over the past five years, and we can’t wait to bring this album to your ears soon. With your donations, we know we can create something that will make you proud.
Risks and challenges
We're sure to encounter some challenges and setbacks along the way as is common with any recording process, but we're very fortunate to have an incredible team working with us on this project. Our producer Yaron Fuchs and engineer Neil Dorfsman are seasoned professionals who have recorded with the likes of Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, Dire Straits, Sting, Herbie Hancock, and others. They know the ropes, and will be helping us to make the best product that we can.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)