This project's funding goal was not reached on February 24, 2013.
About this project
Who are The Phoenix Rose? A band with hits and ethics. They created the world's 1st sustainable recording contract and have made a commitment to play on solar powered stages at festivals which have included Glastonbury, Isle of Wight, Bristol Veg Fest, Sunrise and many others. Will only wear ethical or organic clothing and are sponsored by brands like THTC and London Trousers. The music is Reggae/Rock with a hint of classical Indian vibes from the sublime voice of Rita Morar mixed with ancient tabla rhythms.
*****SICK AND TIRED IS A MASH-UP OF REGGAE SKANK, ROCK RIFFS, A RAP BREAKDOWN, SHAMANIC CHANTING AND, OF COURSE ETHICAL LYRICS FROM JARVIS WHO, INCIDENTALLY, APPEARED IN CHANNEL 4’S ECO-INSPIRED REALITY SERIES DUMPED. IT BEATS HAVING A FAIR-TRADE LOGO STAMPED TO YOUR HAND.***** BIG ISSUE.
Who is lead singer Jarvis Smith?
‘Creative’ doesn’t begin to describe the many talents and qualities of one of the most dynamic and charismatic personalities we know. Lead singer for the rock reggae band ‘The Phoenix Rose,’ Jarvis’ magnetic and commanding presence opened the way to leverage his greatness in many ways. Jarvis chairs the Friends of the Earth Event Gala Committee and heads the People and Environment Achievement (PEA) Awards. And this year, he’ll host the LloydsTSB People and Environment Achievement Business (PEAB) Awards.
Jarvis is nothing short of environmentally and mystically conscious. ‘Green Living’ dominates both his personal and professional life. Heavily influenced by the world’s great spiritual leaders, Jarvis has created and marketed an array of leading earth-friendly media products and publications, bringing wide spread awareness to the planet.
Jarvis is someone who knows from experience. For 3 weeks on Channel 4' 'Dumped' programme he intentionally lived with a group of volunteers on a rubbish tip, surviving on other people’s waste. Recognizing that this was how many people on the planet actually live and survive, Jarvis was driven to make it his mission to bring this awareness to the public at large...and inspired him to dedicate his life to environmental change.
Singer/songwriter, mystic and leader extraordinaire.
"For the last ten years I have been creating an album for release in 2013. It's the time when people will most need this kind of music to keep them inspired in difficult times of change. As our economic systems are breaking down and we are experience the effects of climate change, my music carries a quality and vibration that will help people to deal with these issues" - Jarvis Smith
Why now? Well, if you believe in the 'Golden Age' then this album was created for you. It's music that will help you connect with your truest nature, it will lift your spirits and help you to engage and live what you intended in this life, it will inspire and help set you free from the binding of man-made laws.
How? Some great singer/songwriters, musicians, producers and mixers have come together to bring this album alive including Junior Marvin (from Bob Marley and the Wailers) on guitar and Patrick Anthony from UB40 on trumpet, Double Grammy award winner producer 'Native' Wayne Jobson (No Doubt and Gwen Stefani) and Pete 'Mixmaster' Hammond (PWL's - 13 number one records in UK alone) on the final mix. Also some great writers helped me from the other realms, much respect to the late Bob Marley, John Lennon, Jimmy Hendrix, Michael Hutchins and Jim Morrison. "I appreciate all your help and I promise to get this out to as many people in the the world as quickly as possible. With investment I can do just that". - Jarvis Smith
What? Most crowd funding requires money to make a project, well I've already funded it and you can listen to the whole thing here... http://soundcloud.com/jarvisthephoenixrose
I've spent about £70,000 on getting it finished raised from friends and funded from the businesses I've run over the years. (See here for more about my businesses www.jarvissmith.com)
I now require extra money for promotion, to get it out there! Here's what I will use the money raised through Kickstarter for:
1. to make a documentary about how 'I did it', how the album came together, how I connected with artists from the other side to help me write and how I channelled the lyrics and melodies. I will interview the great people involved, (the ones still alive at least) including Junior Marvin, Pete Hammond, Native Wayne and others. I will introduce you to my life, why I live the way I do, why nature and the earth are so important to me and why I live as consciously as possible in this crazy over abused world, about how I am able to facilitate change in others and who my mentors are, about who I truly am and why I do what I do for the bigger picture and not just for myself.
2. to create promo videos to 3 more songs including - Is this Luv, What's it gonna be now? and Life is not a Journey it's a (Destination).
3. for the best Radio Pluggers and Press (national, regional and worldwide), for online marketing, music press, additional marketing, and if we get enough money to do TV advertising then that would be awesome.
4. to set up an IPTV (internet protocol television) channel in partnership with the biggest distribution company in UK and offer great music and content direct to the our fan base.
5. to manufacturing CDs for distribution - I have a distribution deal already with Nova Distribution - http://www.novadist.net
6. to rehearse with my awesome band so that we can put on incredible live gigs, I have toured with Junior Marvin, N-Sync, and many others and know how to produce and put on a great show.
7. to be a full time musician and promote the album at the highest possible level.
Here's an interview before our performance at the Isle of Wight festival http://youtu.be/TfVJUQGtRZc
Organic Bamboo Tee-Shirts
What the experts have to say:
"Sick and Tired is one of the wickedest rock reggae songs of the past few years. It's the sound you would hear if The Police clashed with Bob Marley"
High Respect - Native Wayne Jobson (Double Grammy Winner)
“you know it’s going to be something very special when the lead singer of a band demands the worlds first “green” recording contract from the UK’s first green record company”. Bruce Elliot Smith - Grammy Award Winner“We wish Jarvis and the Phoenix Rose the best of luck and support their work in trying to create social and environmental change and improvement through music”. Lisa Woodman – Publisher, Big Issue
“When Jarvis sings there is always a very important message in the lyrics. I admire his ethnic achievements and everything he does to promote the things he so passionately believes in and I wish him continued success”. Terry Mansfield CBE - The Hearst Corporation
Sick and Tired promo video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8jfNboUyoY (42,320 views)
Risks and challenges
With the album and the 1st video complete at personal cost of £70,000 the risks are minimal.
I have tested it at radio and press with good results. If you like it then you will invest i'm sure and I appreciate everyone that does. Thank you, Jarvis
If you would like to ask any further questions please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.orgLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)