The Original ScarfBag: Where fashion meets functionality
What Is The Original ScarfBag??
The Original ScarfBag is a multi-functional fashion accessory. Use it as a fashionable infinity scarf or easily convert it into a bag for shopping. Wear it in many different ways and feel confident you are helping the Environment.
There were four main areas of focus in developing the ScarfBag:
1) Innovative Technology - The material used in all ScarfBags is derived from certified renewable wood sources using an eco-responsible production process which meets high environmental standards. LENZING™ ECOVERO™ fibres are tailored to a sustainable lifestyle, contributing to a cleaner environment;
2) Produced Sustainably - The material for the ScarfBag is sourced from Sustainable Textile Supply Chain and manufactured by Indigenous Industries who have both been exploring textile crafts and promoting a humane and sustainable fashion environment;
3) Solves a Problem - Single-use plastic bags are a significant environmental problem. Additionally, people have great intentions of using multi-use bags; however, they often forgot them. To address these problems, the ScarfBag is the first, in a line of products, which is a fashion accessory while being easily converted into a functional bag; and
4) Design - Made from a single rectangular piece of fabric, the entire ScarfBag has been designed to minimise waste during manufacturing. The patent pending design uses two zips to convert from an infinity scarf to a shopping bag making this process quick and easy. Both the material and design have been selected to ensure that the shopping bag is strong while not compromising on the comfort when wearing the scarf.
Two colours have been selected for the Kickstarter Campaign with both of these colour being achieved with natural dyes. The two colours are:
1) Pantone Colour of 2019 - Living Coral. This colour originated from nature and resonated with us because it's linked to our oceans.
2) Shibori Pattern. This old Japanese hand dying technique was a perfect fit for us, as the ScarfBag was inspired by a Japanese design.
We look forward to developing further colours and different patterns in the future.
When Will I Get One??
We have been working tirelessly with our manufacturing partners to understand the expected time frames and risk associated with the manufacturing process. Below is a high level schedule that we will be working towards:
We are also pleased to offer all backers worldwide shipping with the price incorporated into the pledge amount. We are excited to see this adopted around the world as more and more cities and countries are banning single-use plastic bags.
During the development of the ScarfBag, it has been inspirational to see the many different ways that people want to use the ScarfBag. From shopping bags to essential travel accessory, we are excited to see how all of our backers will use it.
Below is our high level projected costs for the ScarfBag project.
There are six main categories, with estimated quotes available for all areas except risk mitigation. Risk mitigation is primarily associated with the risk of availability of key materials for this project. Although we have been able to source multiple suppliers for the material, we are aware that this is a relatively new material; hence, there is some residual risk that we carry until we can confirm final quantities.
We will continue to provide frequent updates throughout the manufacturing process to ensure that all of our backers stay informed of how the project is progressing.
Who Are We??
Emma is the creator behind the ScarfBag and had the idea to produce fashion accessories that can be easily converted to a shopping bag.
"I was walking home from the shops with a bottle of milk and a bunch of bananas one day. I had forgotten to bring a reusable bag with me, so I was stuck carrying a heavy plastic bag home. As the plastic was cutting into my fingers, during the walk, I looked down at my scarf and thought, surely there is a way that a scarf can turn into a bag. By the time I had gotten home, I had forgotten all about the pain in my fingers, and had come up with The Original ScarfBag idea." - Emma Schneider
With her husband, Timm, they operate a product development business in Queensland, Australia.
Who Are Our Partners?
Below is the team of companies that are as passionate about their business as we are about producing the ScarfBag. It is great to be working with such a wonderful team.
Why Is The ScarfBag Important To Us?
We understand that this is our opportunity to convince you, the backer, why the ScarfBag is important? We think it is simple! We only have one earth, we need to change the way we do things, and this is another step in a life long journey where we (The Original ScarfBag team and you as a Backer) can make a difference.
Help us make the ScarfBag a reality. Thank you for your support.
Risks and challenges
Generally, this project is relatively low risk as the proof of concept and pre-production samples have already been created for the project, therefore, we have a high level of confidence that we will be able to deliver the rewards to all of our backers.
The only risks for this project can be attributed to the uncertainty associated with not being able to confirm the final numbers of rewards to be produced until the completion of the Kickstarter Campaign. All of our partners are committed to the successful outcome for the project however final timing and availability of material can only be confirmed once we understand the number of rewards that will be produced. We are currently carrying a small amount of contingency to allow for this uncertainty.
- (30 days)