Share this project

Done

Share this project

Done
An 80's arcade themed turn-based tactical shoot 'em up. It's your move. DEMO AVAILABLE!
An 80's arcade themed turn-based tactical shoot 'em up. It's your move. DEMO AVAILABLE!
An 80's arcade themed turn-based tactical shoot 'em up. It's your move. DEMO AVAILABLE!
871 backers pledged £11,515 to help bring this project to life.

Who did you choose in the intro?

7 likes

Intro Choice

If you didn't skip the intro you'll have been presented with a choice of one of three pilots to kidnap (given what you're about to put them through I'd hesitate to call it saving them..). When watching people play the demo at shows I'm always keen to see who's chosen and ask why. There's been a definite bias to one particular option, but it's by no means a clear winner.

I want to ask you the same question - who did you choose and why? Post a comment at the bottom of this update and I'll collate the answers. If you have any ideas or suggestions regarding the pilot choices then feel free to post them too.

Does it make a difference who you choose? In the demo, no. In the final game, yes. A very definite, but subtle, yes.

Funding Progress

We're close to 40% of the way there! But let's not get too ahead of ourselves and celebrate early, we've still got to find the remaining 60%. How and where do we find it? Simple - exposure. We need as much social media and journalistic coverage as we can get. So if you aren't already then get emailing, tweeting, facebooking, contact your favourite gaming websites, YouTubers and Twitchers! You don't have to twist any arms, just let them know that you find this game interesting and would like them to consider covering it.

So what am I doing to get coverage? On Tuesday 8th I'll be taking part in the Big Indie Pitch during the Develop Conference. On Wednesday 9th I'll be exhibiting as part of Games By The Sea also during Develop. I'll be talking to whoever can't run away quickly enough during Develop itself. On Friday I'll be doing an interview. And all the usual tweeting, emailing and noise making I've been doing so far. Speaking of which, I better get back to it...

ttfn,

The Mighty Git

Paul Mach, Michael Bowerman, and 5 more people like this update.

Comments

Only backers can post comments. Log In
    1. Missing avatar

      Graham on July 17, 2014

      The chef, because caek.

    2. Johnny Marshall Creator on July 16, 2014

      Some good answers. Keep 'em coming :)

    3. Seeknoise on July 16, 2014

      Cleaner, because it just seemed fairer that the cleaner would get to do cool stuff. You never hear about cleaners doing cool stuff. :(

    4. Bil Bas on July 9, 2014

      Chef here. Who actually _wants_ to be an accountant or a cleaner in the really world anyway, except for money?

    5. Missing avatar

      Asa on July 7, 2014

      Chef. Just briefly imagining all the cooking jokes possible was worth it.

    6. Kevin Monkhouse
      Superbacker
      on July 7, 2014

      chef, because at the very least, he should know how to use a knife.

    7. Missing avatar

      Rui Castro on July 7, 2014

      I picked the Chef. By I was thinking he was a Chief Engineer. Bad English error by me. It was so logical to pick the Chef. Now that I now what he is, perhaps it was a good choice, good food for ever ;)

    8. Missing avatar

      michael linn on July 7, 2014

      The chef I think they have better Switch tasking(multitasking) skills.

    9. Andy Hodgetts on July 7, 2014

      I chose the cleaner because Roger Wilco :)