About this project
Hey guys, my name is Jason Bienvenu; artist and storyteller for the comic book miniseries “The Kingdom”.
This project will be a full color, 6 part comic book miniseries that will be self-published. Each issue will be released in three month increments. I am doing this as a labor of love. I have dedicated my nights and weekends for almost a year now: from conceptualizing the story and characters, up to the completion of the 1st and 2nd issues in order to meet the release date deadlines. In addition to the actual creation of the comic books, I will be maintaining and frequently updating the blog, website, and facebook fan page. I will also be creating several digital media ads in order to create a viral campaign to help spread the word about the project.
So, where will your donations help out in this massive undertaking you might ask?
That’s a great question. First and foremost, the majority of your donations will go to printing costs. Most printers require a minimum order, usually in the hundreds, and I will need all the help I can get to meet those order number requirements. Advertising and marketing is a huge part of any project. If people don’t know about a product, they’ll never have the opportunity to buy it. Lastly, in relation to materials needed to create this project; if I have any revenue left over, I will use it towards the purchase of a more up-to-date work computer which I use to color the pages of the comic book. My current computer is a 2002 laptop dinosaur that makes the process of creating pages very long and tedious.
I have been working late hours every night and every weekend in order to make sure each issue will be released on time and is at the highest possible artistic and storytelling quality; this is why the issues will be released in three month installments instead of the normal one month increments.
I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping make this dream of mine a reality. It means the world to me to be able to get my artwork and story out to people. You can visit my blog and facebook fan page (don’t forget to follow both) for updates and the "making of" process!
Cover Art for the first 3 Issues of the miniseries.
Scheduled release dates for each comic:
1st Issue - May 2012
2nd Issue - August 2012
3rd Issue - November 2012
4th Issue - February 2012
5th Issue - May 2013
6th Issue - August 2013
**Please note: for all international supporters (including Canada and Mexico), please include the following shipping costs to your pledge. Thanks!**
$5 - Rewards
$7 - Reward $50-$100
$10 - Rewards $175-$500
The packet includes
• Inspiration: Illustration and Story behind the project.
• Character Evolutions: Witness the evolution of the main characters from sketchbook concept to the final version that appears in the comic book. Many of the characters look vastly different, in some cases, even a different animal all together, while others remained virtually unchanged from their conceptual sketch.
• Story Board Thumbnails: Here you’ll see side-by-side comparisons from many of the pages of issues one and two. Here you’ll see how initial planning, in some cases, did and didn’t work with a side-by-side comparison of the thumbnail sketch to the finished production pages.
• Creating a Page: In this section, the reader will be able to see the process of creating the composite art for a page from issue number 2. The reader will see the step-by-step creation of a composite drawing from line art, colored layers, and finally, the combined effect of colored line art with word bubbles.
• Logo Design: In this section, you’ll see the creation of the logo from sketch to the final version.
• Evolution of Cover Art: You’ll see the many changes that the first issue’s cover went through before I finally decided on the look and feel of the final version.
• Blog Journal Entries: The final section of the packet will be a printed version of the journal entries from the artist’s blog.
Support this project
- (30 days)