Cubistry is a 3D cube matching puzzle game which is currently available for PC and Android. Be a part of bringing it to Mac and iOS. Read more
This project's funding goal was not reached on October 31, 2012.
About this project
Cubistry is a 3D cube matching puzzle game which is currently available for PC, Android, Kindle Fire, and soon to be for B&N Nook.
Ever since Cubistry's release on August 15th, many people have asked if we could bring the game to Mac and iOS. The answer is yes we'd love to release Cubistry on Apple platforms. The problem is we do not own any Apple products so we are unable to port Cubistry to Mac and iOS. That is why we are here. We would like to raise $5000 to pay for the Mac and iOS devices we need to port and test the game. We will then use the remaining funds to keep the lights on while we do the work of porting the game. The pledge levels are as follows:
- $1 pledge: Receive a copy of the game on iOS plus a special Kickstarter backers only Holiday 2012 version of Cubistry on Mac or PC.
- $5 pledge: Receive a copy of the game on iOS, the special Kickstarter backers only Holiday 2012 version of Cubistry on Mac or PC plus get your name added to Cubistry's special thanks page on our company website.
- $15 pledge: Receive everything for a $5 pledge plus get your name added to Cubistry's in-game Kickstarter backers screen.
- $40 pledge: Everything that comes with a $15 pledge plus your very own customized version of Cubistry featuring images of yourself, your family, and/or your friends. Your images must adhere to very specific rules in order for them to be acceptable to appear in a copy of the game.
- $50 pledge: Everything you receive for a $40 pledge plus a sneak preview of our next 3D puzzle game on Mac or PC.
Rules regarding customized versions of Cubistry for $50 pledge:
- Pets are considered family.
- Absolutely no NSFW images.
- Absolutely no nudity, sexually explicit, and/or suggestive images.
- Absolutely no images of violence, harassment, torture, physical abuse or anything similar.
- Absolutely no death related images and/or images showing death, e. g. if you caught a fish and took a picture of yourself holding it up, the image is not acceptable. Same goes for everything else.
- Absolutely no images containing political acts/messages.
- Absolutely no images containing religious acts/messages.
- Absolutely no images containing offensive/lewd gestures and/or acts.
- Absolutely no images from commercially copyrighted materials even if you're the copyright holder and/or you appear in the materials in question yourself.
- Absolutely no images of public figures even if you are the public figure in question yourself or if they are your family and/or friend.
- Absolutely no images of commercials/advertising.
- Absolutely no text and/or graphic overlays on images are allowed, e. g. you cannot have a picture of a person and have a text balloon which puts words in their mouth.
- Absolutely no composite images are allowed, e. g. you cannot photoshop one person's head onto another person's body or vice versa and submit that image.
- Each image must contain you, your family, and/or your friends. Pictures of places public or otherwise just by themselves are not allowed.
- You, your family, and/or your friends faces' must appear and be identifiable in all submitted images . e. g. a group photo of 200 people where each person's head is only two pixels wide is not acceptable.
- Images must not denigrate, insult, put down, belittle, etc. the subject of the image in any way.
- Images must conform to format, dimension, and naming convention guidelines which will be given at a later date.
- The Hohng Company reserves the right to disqualify any and all submitted images based on criteria not mentioned in this list.
- The decision that images are unacceptable for inclusion in custom versions of Cubistry are The Hohng Company's and The Hohng Company's alone. There is no repeal process. All such decisions are final and not debatable.
- If images are disqualified, the submitter of said images will be notified and given a single chance to submit different images to take the place of disqualified images.
- If images submitted to replace disqualified images are still unacceptable, disqualified images will be replaced with standard cube textures.
- If no images are submitted to replace disqualified images within two weeks of the day the notice to submit new images was given, disqualified images will be replaced with standard cube textures.
- If a submitter refuses to replace disqualified images then disqualified image will be replaced with standard cube textures.
- By submitting images to be incorporated into a custom version of Cubistry, you warrant that you are the owner of the submitted images.
- By submitting images for your custom version of Cubistry, you also release The Hohng Company from any and all liabilities whether in an action of contract, tort or otherwise, arising from, out of or in connection with the images or the use or other dealings with the images.
- By submitting images for your custom version of Cubistry, you agree to take full responsibility for any liabilities which may result from the inclusion of your images in a custom version of Cubistry.
- Please. Be smart. Don't be a smart ass. Thank you! :)
Risks and challenges
Cubistry was created with Unity which means it should be relatively simple to port the game to Mac and iOS since Unity already supports those platforms. However, as we found out while porting the PC versions to Android, there are bound to be differences between the different platforms which needs to be handled before Cubistry can be released for new platforms. But, having done so once already, we should be able to handle such differences just fine.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
- (30 days)