***As you can see we have met our goal! Thank you very much to all of the backers! As you may know, when you are creating huge and awesome art projects like this one, art supplies are always in need. Pledges after our goal will go to more art supplies for the project, a photo-booth of people receiving their paintings, and possibly a small documentary about the project in it's entirety. So keep those pledges coming! Plus there are still many great rewards left...so c'mon! Get on board!***
The Gift Prolific is an art project that I am creating inspired by the Burning Man art festival, my own art, and a practice of daily gifting. Below I have listed the basics of the project.
- Give a gift to someone, everyday, for a year.
- Make a small painting inspired by each gift.
- Show the paintings in a gallery at the Burning Man Arts Festival in 2012.
- Gift away each painting at the event.
People who receive paintings at the event will be able to track their paintings on my website (www.theGiftProlific.com) and read about the original gift that inspired each piece. They will also be able to post where their paintings are....did they end up in their Burning Man junk? Did they get hung up in their homes or offices? Did they get gifted to someone else? I like to look at this as a huge experiment in giving.
Funds donated will be used for a few different things.
1. Supplies: Canvas, paint, brushes, paper, markers, etc....supplies are always needed to complete the project.
2. Transportation: I already have Burning Man Ticket and camp. I also have all of my own supplies....food, water, sunscreen, tents...etc. You ARE NOT paying for any of that....What you are contributing to is the TRANSPORTATION of the paintings to the event. I need to rent a van to take all of these paintings to Burning Man.....of course that means the gas too!
3. The Gallery: Like I said above, I already have my living quarters and a ticket.....But I will build a Gift Prolific Gallery to show off all 365 paintings! The gallery will consist of 2 portable carports...Covering 400 square feet of playa. There will be plywood walls for the art, benches for visitors, a guestbook, project overview signs, solar lights, and music for our guests to take in the art in a real gallery setting.
...and like I said at the end of the week I will be GIVING every single painting away!
This project means so much to me. And from what I have already seen it means a lot to other people. Thanks for reading about it...and taking the time to make a support pledge!
- (30 days)