This campaign is the conclusion of a long journey. From the moment I typed the words The Gentleman Wake into the 'account name' field on Youtube, way before I posted my first deck review video, I held a dream to create a deck of playing cards aligned with the principles and beliefs that have come to unify the community surrounding The Gentleman Wake youtube channel...
ELEGANCE, QUALITY and UTILITY
My name is the Gentleman Wake and I present to you The Parlour Playing Cards.
Expertly Designed by Stockholm17. Artfully printed by Cartamundi with tuck cases by Oath Playing Cards. Endorsed by some the finest magicians and cardists in the world and finely crafted for card enthusiasts just like you.
The Parlour Playing Cards deck will be printed by Cartamundi on crushed paper stock using their proprietary B9 true linen finish. Although it is a standard looking deck designed to perform and to play with, the Parlour deck features many improvements, refinements and details:
- Improved and Customized Court Cards designed to be instantly recognizable yet upon closer inspection reveal unique refinements.
- Custom Ace of Spades
- Illustrated Jokers: Sir Fox, proprietor of playing cards and Shakespeare the Cat, street artist and entertainer extraordinaire.
- Bold Hand Designed Index designed for easy legibility.
- Gaff card (To be determined by you!)
- Showcase Ad Card crafted in a vintage look with handmade typography.
- Ivory Background to the cards (rather than stark white) that gives a subtlely vintage feel.
- Mnemonica Deck Order out of the box, for Magician's and Mentalists (see uncut sheet layout below).
- Classic Mirrored Back Design with TGW Monogram Spade, Rhinoceros Beetles and Damask pattern.
- Golden foiled areas on the back of the black variant.
- Designed by Stockholm17 Playing Cards, Sweden.
Printed by renowned Oath Playing Cards (Lotrek), the Parlour Tuck Cases will be printed on deep navy blue, wine red, and black colored premium paper stock, with embossed metallic foil in red/blue/black and gold.
- RED VARIANT: wine red paper stock, red metallic foil, gold metallic foil, embossing.
- BLUE VARIANT: navy blue paper stock, blue metallic foil, gold metallic foil, embossing.
- BLACK VARIANT: black paper stock, black foil, gold metallic foil, embossing, numbered seal.
- DYNASTINÆ LIMITED EDITION VARIANT: Newly designed tuck. Green paper stock, gold metallic foil, embossing.
All variants will have inner graphics in golden foil (stretch goal unlocked).
As the campaign proceeds we plan to unveil a few more surprises. We have a couple of stretch goals implemented for now, and some more very exciting things to add during campaign as each goal is unlocked.
- UNLOCKED 150% funding goal: all tuck-boxes will have inner graphics.
- UNLOCKED 200% funding goal: BLACK VARIANT.
- UNLOCKED 250% funding goal: tuck-boxes inner graphics ink upgraded to gold foil.
- UNLOCKED 300% funding goal: gorgeously designed custom brick box.
- UNLOCKED 400% funding goal: numbered seal for black variant
- UNLOCKED 500% funding goal: TGW Coin Add-on for Free *SEE UPDATES
- UNLOCKED 600% funding goal: Dynastinæ Limited Edition Deck released! *SEE UPDATES
- UNLOCKED 700% funding goal: Magician's Gaff Pack Add-on *SEE UPDATES
- 900-1000% Funding goal: "SEASON FINALE"Mini deck and gifts distribution
Additionally we've created many extra add-on items, and will add more as the campaign evolves. We are open to backer feedback and suggestions as well!
The mini deck
54 cards, mini-size (41x63mm), red variant
Add one or more for $11/each.
The Parlour GAFF PACK
14 Cards specially designed to add a ton of FLEXIBILITY and UTILITY to the Parlour decks.
Printed on B9 True Linen finish and designed to be completely compatible with the existing base decks, the Gaff pack will include double backers, color change cards, blank cards, and much more!
All backers in tiers with 4 decks or more (including the new Collector's Set tier) get it FOR FREE! All other backers can add on the Gaff pack for just +$7. Duplicates are also available in this way ($7 per gaff pack).
Coin with antique gold finish, same size as half dollar coin.
- diameter: 1.205in / 30.6mm
- thickness: 0.085in / 2.15mm
- weight: 0.5oz / 14gr
Add +$5 on top of your pledged amount for +1 coin.
TGW Card Guard in black nickel
A gorgeous weighty three dimensional representation of the TGW Monogram Spade.
Size: 57X45mm, 5mm thickness.
Add +$10 on top of your pledged amount for +1 card guard.
A print worthy of framing! The Parlour Playing Cards Uncut Sheet; 56 cards in the deck order made famous by magician Juan Tamariz; mnemonica order. Sheets will be pulled from the production line, right before cutting.
Size: 53x75cm (20.8x29.5in)
Backers choosing this option will be allowed to select the back design color after the completion of the campaign. Frame is not included.
What is an add-on?
ADD one or more items ON top of your current pledge. You select a reward (example: the pair) and add one or more of the following items:
- One or more Parlour decks of your choice (selection of color at completion of the campaign)
- The Parlour deck uncut Sheet of your choice (selection of color at completion of the campaign)
- The TGW Monogram Spade card guard in black nickel
- The TGW coin (half dollar size perfect for coin tricks)
- Other items released during the campaign.
IMPORTANT: Only backers in brick rewards can add a split brick for $140 without extra shipping costs.
Although I venture into the world of producing playing cards for the first time with The Parlour deck, I do so with the wealth of experience brought by designer Lorenzo Gaggiotti of Stockholm17. Lorenzo has seen the successful funding and FULFILLMENT of many deck campaigns including the award-winning House of the Rising Spade deck and a collaboration with Magician and fellow Youtuber Caroline Ravn. See the included image below for details!
Visit Stockholm17 profile (Requiem Team on kickstarter) to learn more about the previous playing cards projects since 2014
Playing Card designer, illustrator, playing card collector and enthusiast.
- Follow on Instagram
- Like the Facebook page
- Visit the Stockholm 17 Website
- Become a patron on Patreon
Professional Filmmaker, playing card collector and enthusiast, gentleman.
A VERY Special Thanks to:
Dan Buck. Cardist, Entrepreneur, and Co-Owner & Co-Founder of Art of Play.
Andrei Jikh, Magician, Entrepreneur and YouTuber.
Asad Chaudhry, Magician, Entrepreneur, Founder of Mint Playing Cards, and YouTuber.
Pigcake,Magician, Entrepreneur and YouTuber.
Ivan Choe, Founder and Editor Kardify.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT!
Risks and challenges
Although The Parlour represents my first official foray into the world of Kickstarter funding for The Gentleman Wake brand, we enter into the process with a wealth of campaign experience brought by designer Lorenzo Gaggiotti as Stockholm17. Thanks to this, many of the pitfalls of first time project leads/managers will be sidetracked and skillfully avoided. Relationships with printers, manufacturers, fulfillment centers and retailers are already well formed and those entities have been involved in the campaign process since before its publishing.
We have the utmost confidence that The Parlour campaign will yield a quality product worthy of its funding goals and the pledges of its backers.
Because the project does involve the participation of 3rd parties and their externally controlled aspects such as printing and manufacturing there could be slight delays in the fulfillment of the campaign--but we will be tireless in our attempts to make sure such delays are not only minor but altogether avoided whenever possible.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)