My name is Lena Nicolajsen. I am an illustrator and writer working with children books, graphic novels. You can see more of my work on my website.
The first couple of years after graduating the Copenhagen School of Design, I worked for various companies. But then I realised I had to draw my own stories and do what I loved. I really felt, that I needed to do personal work. It was the only way I could evolve my visual expression and enjoy being a creative person.
So I started a personal project. A series of stories from my life, where nothing really extraordinary happens. In my opinion the most extraordinary thing happen in the most normal moments. I call the series “the smallest stories”. The first one was funded by kickstarter last year, I drew it in blue ink and it was about a night struggling with insomnia.
Now I am doing the next one in the series. The first kiss is about the first encounter with early lovelife. A graphic short story about three girlfriends who share their experience of kissing or being kissed for the first time. Drawn in red ink only.
I have spent the last year creating the storyline in this book. What I need now are the funds for the production run at the printing house and packaging. I will be painting it while the campaign is running, so you can see the work unfold on my Instagram here: https://www.instagram.com/lenanicolajsen/
I hope for your support and I will make it worth your while <3
Here are the REWARDS.
- A big thank you for any small contribution and I will send you an Ebook.
- The book send to your home and a huge thank you and I hope you enjoy the book.
- The book and an invitation to the launch party in Copenhagen - You get the book and drinks and to hang out and have fun - drinks and books, what´s not to like :)
- The book and one limited art print in the red ink from the book. I will send some to choose from and you will get to choose the one you like the best.
- The book and two limited art print in the red ink from the book. I will send some to choose from and you will get to choose the one you like the best.
- The book and a handwritten story about a kiss. You send me the story and I handletter it in the red ink from the book.
- The book and original artwork in the red ink. Signed and shipped to you anywhere in the world.
- The book and a portrait of you and a speech bubble in my book, where you can send a message to someone you love, even ask them to marry you in a comic book!! (Wish someone did that to me!). you can say anything as long as it’s full of love and good intent.
- The book and a commissioned portrait of you or someone you love in red ink. You can also choose it with or without the kiss mouth :*
About the book
17,2 x 22,9 cm softcover - 20 pages - Fullcolor print - Cover paper: 300 gr papyrus multidesign original natural - Inside paper: 100 gr papyrus multidesign original natural - back Saddle-stitching. This is the softest paper and … The uncoated smooth surface of Munken Pure and its cream shade convey distinct features to images and gives an exclusive yet very true natural paper feel. Munken Pure paper also has the mark of responsible forestry and is one of the most eco-friendly paper qualities around. This is important to me. The book will be available in English and Danish.
About the budget
The budget is really simple. I asked a lot of printers to give me a price and picked the best offer in quality and prize. These are the expenses.
- Book launch party
- Paper and ink
Fun facts about kissing
DID YOU KNOW.. More than 90% of all people remember the details of their first kiss. It turns out, your first romantic kiss is likely to be etched in your memory forever.
Kissing triggers your brain to release a cocktail of chemicals that leave you feeling oh so good by igniting the pleasure centers of the brain. These chemicals include oxytocin, dopamine, and serotonin, which can make you feel euphoric and encourage feelings of affection and bonding.
So kiss some more.
If you have any questions, just send me a message and I will get back to you.
All the best / Lena
Risks and challenges
I will be making everything my self, drawing, writing and printing the book. The biggest challenge last year was doing all the shipping on my own.
This time I have help to lean on. The new publishers Hunov & Haffgaard will be starting their work with books collaboration around this one. I know this will make us all faster wiser and better. That´s what collaborations do - right?Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (21 days)