Over the course of 100 days, 28 comic creators, (from seasoned industry veterans to aspiring freelancers and weekend warriors), banded together and set out to create 28 short comics based on the theme "Mythical Creatures" and the book title "Werewolves & Unicorns"... The Result...
Cover Art: Scott Serkland
Thee 100s are back with our 2nd Anthology! and this time we’ve brought along even more creators! That means you comic readers get even more comics! 126-pages of fantasy & horror themed stories!-- We’ve got Dragons, Goblins, Merfolk, Bigfoot, Zombies, Werewolves & Unicorns of course, and other cryptids from the air, land and sea!
- Noah 'Ox' Baas (Zombies Chase After The Stars, I Never Forgot)
- Karyn Lewis Bonfiglio (Kitty Wars)
- Jake Campbell (Adaptation)
- Thomas G. Clemmons (Robot Friday, Hope Texas)
- Pepper DeLuca (Camp Fire stories of Lake Kikipapi )
- Mike Emeritz (Legend of Space-Cat, Julie Jupiter, Sisyphean Complex)
- Matthew Enstrom (Cryptid Adventures, Harvey Stone: Private Eye, Beast of Busco)
- Scott O'Connell Green (Die in Yer Sleep, Mr. Green's MONSTER Zine)
- Gaz 'Gazbot' Gretsky (EEP, Hero Envy, Kid Switch, Earthling, The Horror A4)
- Yann Guyt (Space Cathedrals, Fosphor)
- Dave Hingley ( DeeDee Danger, Negative Nanny)
- Chris Isakson (Axl & Donnie, The Outsideling, Atris: The Knights of Aerrel)
- Robert Johnston (My Little Skull, The Reverend, The Grontl, Zero Comix)
- Joshua Kemble (Three Degrees, The Park, Numb, Jacob's Apartment, Quarterly Stories)
- Cory Kerr (The Mixed, The Tongue Cut Sparrow )
- Jeff Lafferty (Doom 2099, The Dead, Lord Pumpkin, X-Men, Berserkonaut)
- Marshall Lee (Glyph, Corn Cob Rob, The Hitchhiker)
- McKay & Gray (Pretty Mouth, The Magpie, The Scourge of Ninepoint)
- Chris McQuinlan (The Legend of Rock, Nevermorrow, Monkey Junk)
- True Murray (Hamchop, Wick)
- Peter Palmiotti (Aquaman, Blood Rites, ARENA, Neon Edon, Bright Eyes, RETRO)
- Abiel Parsons (Furst Commandos, Blue)
- Benjamin Pena (Dungeons & Deuce Man)
- Teresa del Pilar (Graduation Nightmares, Space Copz, Held Back Summer)
- Scott Serkland (Young and the Dead, Serkworks)
- C.B. Smallwood (Wildcat, New Empire Comics)
- Christopher Specht (My Little Skull, The Reverend, The Grontl, Zero Comix)
- Finn Swan (Final Break)
We really want you to have a physical copy of our book that you can hold in your hands, but we understand that many people read comics on the go or on their tablets at home. That's why we're offering a PDF version of our book as well.
We love Scott's cover so much, we want to look at it all the time! What better way to do that than with a 11x17 poster to pin up or frame on the wall? You can only get this poster here, so when your friends say, "Whoa! Where in the seven realms did you get that magnificently magical poster?" You can say, "I was there, dude... I was there."
Imagine this scenario: You're reading your brand new comic anthology... Suddenly, there's a knock on the castle gate. It's your ol' pal, Vladimir The Brave, and he wants you to go on a mythical quest through the Valley of Lost Souls. If you go on a quest with Vladimir, how in the world will you remember where you left off in your awesome new book!? With an awesome new Bookmark, of course!
You're helping us bring this idea into reality, and we want to make sure that everyone who reads this book knows who helped make it happen!
You'll get the physical book, a digital copy, our exclusive bookmark, and the exclusive poster! All in one package!
Are you an aspiring comic creator or artist? Or maybe you're a comic book coneseure who appreciates the craft that goes into making comics? How would you like the chance to join an online hangout with a bunch of the creators who helped bring this book to life? Back this tier and we will make that happen! With the combined experience of our creators, some of them long-time pros in various entertainment and design fields, you have an opportunity to get some valuable feedback and advice to help you on your artistic journey, or glean some unique insight behind the process of making comics and art.Ask us anything about art, comics, printing, self-publishing, editing, crowdfunding, The 100 Days of Making Comics Challenge, you name it!
You'll get 5 copies of the book at wholesale cost, and our exclusive poster and bookmark! PLUS... We'll give your shop a shout out on social media, AND we'll list your shop on our website: "Available at these fine retailers." This is a great deal for comic shops and other booksellers. *We may ask to verify that you are, in fact, an actual retail shop.
We've got one last reward for one lucky backer. For the last day of the campaign, we have a special reward tier featuring an original piece of artwork from our cover artist and comic contributor, Scott Serkland! This piece is one of a kind, so get it while you can!
Did you miss out on our 1st book, Life In Space? Well, you've got a second chance! Some creators from Book #1 have given us a limited number of books for this Kickstarter! These books are limited print runs, so this could very well be the last chance to get Book #1.
Not only do you have a very limited opportunity to get a copy of Book #1, you also have an EXTREMELY LIMITED opportunity to get your hands on all the Book #1 rewards as well! Yes, we have 3 sets of the original rewards from our first kickstarter. Our printer shipped us a few extra and we held onto them so we could offer them to you now. But we only have the 3 sets and we can't print more! If you want them, now is the only time to get them!
Risks and challenges
This is our group's second Kickstarter, and the first was more successful than we ever imagined it would be. We funded, printed, and shipped within a reasonable time frame with no issues about the quality of the book.
Staying true to form, all our comics are 100% finished, the book is designed, formatted and edited, and we've already printed a proof copy to make sure everything looks as awesome as possible! All we need now is your support to get the book printed and delivered to you! This is the direct market, and what we print now is all there will be, so if you want a book, we need your support now.
Just as before, we've done a lot of research, we've taken extra precaution while setting our budget, and we've thoroughly run through the numbers as best as we can. We are confident that everything has been accounted for: our bottom line to supply our creators with their books, the cost to ship those books (including internationally), the cost to fulfill and ship rewards to the number of backers needed to meet that cost, as well as the Kickstarter and transaction fees.
Once again, our spreadsheet needed a spreadsheet just to make sure we covered all our bases.
So there's very little risk. If we hit our goal, everything will work out fine. All we need is your support to make it happen!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (19 days)