The Dirty Peacock: A Party Game
The Dirty Peacock: A Party Game
A simple deck of cards that challenges you and your friends to do ridiculous things.
A simple deck of cards that challenges you and your friends to do ridiculous things. Read more
We wanted to play a game as preposterous as we are, but we were tired of:
- playing games with people who won't look up from their smart phones,
- games that take 3 hours to set up and 5 days to play,
- and games where you have to pull out a 50 pound crate of cards so that the group can giggle over and over about Helen Keller, Hitler, and alcoholism.
So we decided it was was time to unleash our inner peacocks and give the world something NEW, easy, and ridiculous enough that even boring people will have an alright time. That's why we made The Dirty Peacock - to actually get people on their feet, interacting, and creating together.
Now, we have The Dirty Peacock all decked out and ready to go. We just need your help.
How does this game work, anyway?
The game is simple. Teams complete preposterous and carefully crafted challenges that fall into one of 7 categories:
- Physical Feat - challenges of the body, strength, stretchiness, and physical fortitude.
- Groupthink - challenges tapping on the collective creativity of the group.
- Performance - challenges of storytelling and talent in the spotlight.
- Impersonation - challenges of persona and identity swapping.
- Self-Defamation - challenges of self-mockery, embarrassment, and the hilarity of self.
- Beat the Clock - challenges against time.
- Luck - challenges of fortune, fate, and luck of the draw.
Teams take turns by nominating a player to draw a card from the deck.
Rule Cards - The heart of the game. Every deck has one Rule card for each category. On each Rule card you'll find 3 challenges, marked by peacock feathers. As the game goes on, the challenges intensify. We made the challenges as compact as possible. This way, you can mix and match many different collections of Rule cards for any occasion!
Feather Cards - Drawing a feather card means you must complete a challenge to earn it for your team. The team with the most feathers by the end of the game, wins!
Read the full Gameplay here.
What exactly am I getting myself into?
Be warned -- no challenge is for the faint of heart. You CHOSE to play a game called "The Dirty Peacock." Remember THAT at the end of the night, when your aunt Milly thinks "you're into her," you're wearing somebody else's clothes, and a friend of yours is on their way, bringing you a fresh pair of underwear.
Some other ridiculous challenges include:
- Telling epic and embarrassing stories of your personal life.
- Fabricating hilarious confessions to outside parties.
- Drastically (and temporarily) altering your appearance.
- Composing and texting irreverent poetry.
- Making a pass at your friend's mother.
- Spreading improbable rumors.
- Standing on your head, wiggling your hips, and screaming "I'm a Dirty Peacock!"
The goal is to liven up social events with just a simple deck of cards. The game relies on collective imagination, social media, and technology to raise the stakes. The result? People get to know each other better and create unforgettable memories.
Kickstarter (Feathers and Bolts)
We will be printing a whole bunch o' decks. We've done our research, crunched some numbers, and found that 6,000 dollars is the minimum amount we need to make this game a reality.
Your support would not only make our peacock happy, it would allow us to produce all the crazy ideas we have for NEW RULE COLLECTIONS! Then you could mix and match your favorite rule cards to create the ultimate "The Dirty Peacock" deck! Here's just a few you'll be seeing:
A Message from Henry the Peacock
Risks and challenges
We've taken a look at other successful Kickstarters to see what exactly made them work both during and after funding. Three points stood out:
1. Keep the rewards simple and affordable. The rewards that offer the GAME are always the most popular, and easiest for us to produce anyway. The less delays and over-merchandising, the happier everybody is.
2. Have a clear plan of action. We have our designs ready to go, we know our printer, and we've calculated our bulk merchandising costs no matter the funding scenario.
3. Keep in touch. The Peacock is all about bringing people together and our marketing strategy is as ridiculous as the game. Keep an eye out for Henry the Peacock both on social media and in Times Square...Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)