UPDATE: SHIPS WORLDWIDE!!!!
From Boardgames to Sci-Fi, D&D to Manga, at The Bespoke Geek we want to let you wear your passions literally on your sleeve! Whether you are looking for a casual hoodie or a full cosplay, our garments are creatively designed, of a high quality and made by hand.
The designs on our clothes are hand-stiched, not printed. This uncommon way of making hoodies allows greater creativity in design, adding details such as capes, masks and ears. It also increases the lifespan of clothes - prints will fade and degrade, sewn-in fabric will not.
- Experience in designing and making clothes. I worked as a pattern cutter for a variety of fashion houses in London after completing a BA (Hons) in Fashion Design.
- Experience in fulfillment and mail order. I have fulfilled mail and online orders in both the fashion and boardgame industries over a period of 8 years.
As you can see from the photos, prototypes have been designed and made for the hoodies available from this campaign. This includes creating the patterns that will be used in production.
A fabric supplier has been sourced, with their products used in the creation of the prototypes.
The Kickstarter campaign has been carefully budgeted so costs will be covered for materials, shipping and equipment.
To give the quality of finish desired on these hoodies I require a twin-needle sewing machine. The total budget for the Kickstarter includes enough funding for me to purchase one.
All our Hoodies are available in child and adult sizes and are made from 280gsm 80% Cotton 20% Polyester. They have a single kangaroo pouch pocket with a hidden ear phone cord feed.
Available in adult and child sizes. Advertise your love of games! Let everyone know what colour you play before you even sit down! LARP a game of Carcassonne! We can't tell you why you need the Original Human Meeple in your life, just that you do.
Available in red, green, yellow, blue, purple and orange.
Available in adult and child sizes. Your chance to design your own costume to show everyone who you really are. Like the idea of a green superhero with a purple cape and tiger stripes? Go for it! We make the Design Your Own Superhero based on your specific requirements.
Customise your own superhero hoodie! The DYO Superhero hoodie gives you all the options you need to show off your superhero's persona, from garish cartoon saviour to troubled vigilante. Each unique hoodie is made to order - no printing, no mass-production.
The DYO Superhero gives a choice of colour of the hoodie, cape and hood. Also included are 2 personalisation options from the following list: mask, motif, cuff or ears. Want to create something more exotic? Deluxe options are available for a small additional fee.
DYO Superhero options:
- Body colour: Red, black, light or dark blue, grey, yellow, purple, orange, green, brown, white... if you suggest it we will try to source it.
Cape: Your choice of colour.
Hood: Your choice of colour.
Personalisation options (2 from):
- Mask: Every good superhero needs to conceal their identity! Your choice of colour and style: eye mask [see Super Ru photo], half-mask [Bananas] or full mask.
- Basic Motif: What's your icon? Bat, spider, star, duck, meeple ...? 1 picture or letter in a single colour (no background).
- Basic Cuff: Your choice of colour [as seen on the Super Ru photo]
- Ears: Choice of style and colour. Want to add an embelishment to your hood? Examples shown are Bat Ears, Cat Ears and Bananas (who doesn't want to look like Bananaman?) or contact us for other requests.
- 3rd or 4th personalisations (from above list) (£5, 7€, $8 per extra item)
- Deluxe motif: 2 colour motif, potentially including a background [see Super Ru photo]. Choice of shape and colour. (£5, 7€, $8 upgrade £10, 14€, $16 additional item)
- Custom motif: Want something very different on the front of your hoodie? Let your imagination run wild and design something larger for the front of your hoodie. See Thor for an example of what can be done. (Price dependent on idea)
- Deluxe Cuff: Stands out from the body of the garment. See Thor for an example. (£5, 7€, $8 upgrade £10, 14€, $16 additional item)
- Deluxe Cape: Want your cape to attach in a creative way? See Thor for an example. (£5, 7€, $8 upgrade) Something else:
- Want to add something we haven't thought of? Contact us to discuss feasibility and cost.
Your idea realised. Tell us what your want and we will endeavor to make it! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
A unique opportunity to get a great new meeple-based uniform for your company, letting gamers know you mean business!
We will produce 15 (or more) hand-stitched Original Human Meeple hooded short sleeve t-shirts for your company, with the meeple in the colour of your choice. The meeple will include your company's name and/or logo printed in the location of your choice. This is a one-time offer - we will produce this for only one company!
Available in any combination of sizes. Add £20 for each t-shirt required beyond 15, add an additional £5 per t-shirt if you require a second colour printing on your logo.
The type of T-shirt is upto you we can accomodate crewneck v-neck poloshirt most things really. I have included an early prototype as a reference of what the T-shirts could look like. This is not a final product.
Shipping is included within the UK for each hoodie. An additional cost of 7€for 1 hoodie / 14€ for 2+ hoodies within the EU and $8 for 1 hoodie/ $16 for 2+ hoodies for the rest of the world will be added at the checkout.
Risks and challenges
The work already conducted minimises the risks and challenges in completing this product. The photos of the prototypes shown on this page demonstrate that we have a well-designed product and are ready to begin producing the hoodies.
A fabric supplier has already been sourced, with their fabrics used in the prototypes. Alternative suppliers are available if there are timing, fulfilment or quality issues with the one chosen so any delays caused by them should be short.
My 8 years of experience of working with mail orders demonstrate my understanding of this stage of the process and will allow me to avoid common errors in this area. I forsee no problems with shipping the hoodies.
I have carefully budgeted for this project including raw materials, production costs, equipment, my labour, Kickstarter fees and shipping. These include reasonable amounts of contingency funding to absorb unexpected additional costs.
I have restricted the quantities to be constructed each month to try to ensure shipment by the projected dates. Again, this includes some contingency time. A major failure in equipment may still lead to unavoidable production delays. I will communicate any projected delays though project updates with my backers throughout.
As with many home-made items, any serious injury or illness to me may delay completion, despite built in contingency time. In the very unlikely event that this leaves me unable to complete the garments, my labour cost would fund the hiring of a machinist.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)