A Stretch Goal is an additional goal set for a fundraising campaign, in case the initial funding target is overcome... and we have some pretty amazing Stretch Goals here to be unlocked, each one with terrific additional rewards for everyone!
The first seven of them (levels II to VIII) consist in exclusive Kickstarter-only Limited Edition Posters and Premium Cards, that will be illustrated by our key artists. These items are not meant to be found anywhere else, nor to be reprinted in this form in the future. When unlocked they are a special gift for ALL THE BACKERS that will support this campaign pledging for at least a reward. So... don’t let them slip out and help us spread the news!
And if we manage to reach the highest threshold, there is a surprise for all our supporters: we will realize, together with ANCIENT FUTURE ENTERTAINMENT production, the first chapter of a live action series dedicated entirely to the Rust universe, with original music by AfterWorld. And all of our backers (that pledged for at least a reward) will receive a limited edition Blu-Ray copy along with the game set.
All the Stretch Goals will automatically be added to your rewards, if unlocked... this means that you will receive everything included in the reward you choose plus the extra rewards of any goal we will unlock at no further expense.
So... Are You Ready For The AfterWorld?
RUST : THE AFTERWORLD is a game! We collected the most amazing peculiarities of a role-playing game altogether and put them all into a completely new card game... reaching the ultimate synthesis of both these universes. Something unlike anything you've tried before. And you can carry it in your pocket!
The game is set in a near future, a possible future. A future in which the world has been devastated by a terrible war. And from the ashes of war a dreadful disease spread out, a plague which affects both men and machines... it is called the RUST.
In this rotten, shattered world, humanity has been decimated... and the survivors have gathered into 4 factions, to the four corners of the Earth, fighting each others for survival.
Among the survivors, there are some chosen ones... a few special individuals who seem to be immune to the plague and who soon become heroes for their peoples. We call them: the Masters.
And you, as a player, will be one of them!
There's not one single easy answer to the question: "why should you give RUST : THE AFTERWORLD a try?"... Since there are plenty of them:
1) It's an extremely fast game. A match usually lasts 5 to 10 minutes. You can play in classic two players mode, one versus one... or with all your friends, in different ways. And you will never play twice the same match.
2) It's unlike anything you've ever tried before. And why? Because there are no turns. A completely original game system in which players substantially play simultaneously.
3) It is easy to learn. But, at the same time, it is strategic: and this is because the game system is intuitive and flexible... and because it's a game in which every choice you make is affected by need and by the choices of the other players.
4) It is Immersive. It's not just about sitting down and casting spells and monsters against your opponents, like you do in almost any other card game. In Rust you can explore and conquer the world around you. You can make alliances with other survivors and recruit them. You can search for treasures, or forge weapons with which to crush your enemies. It is completely immersive. And it's not a game in which the only goal is winning... the goal, in Rust, is to stay alive in a hostile world. One of the big limitations of role-playing games is that you have to follow a story... it's like walking on a fixed track. In Rust it's you who create the story. Your story and the history of your world, according to the choices you make, game after game.
5) It's a lot of fun. There is no way we can really tell you, and anyway you would not believe it... you just have to give it a try.
6) It's a game we've created for the players. The biggest limitation of many other card games is that they are "collectible" card games. Rust is not, because there is no rarity of cards at all. And we will continue to expand it with new sets and packages for advanced players but they will never be randomly combined. The player will always know what he is buying. We want people to play Rust and have fun, we want tournaments to be run. And we will also give life to an official championship, without all those elements that make the other games so frustrating. We do not want people to spend tons of money just to build a deck that will be useless after a few months. Because we are not a multinational company: we are players creating a game for players.
The following is an excerpt from the Rules of RUST : THE AFTERWORLD, focusing on our Masters' features and their Skills. It can help you getting a better idea of what we were talking about in our introductory video.
And here below an authentic and tasty SNEAK PEEK, in which you can find more infos about what's inside the decks and also with some samples of cards.
The following is an insight into game cycles, our not-turn-based system and a summary of the main phases. Let's take a look...
And here we go with an excerpt about Long Shots, with an exclusive SPOILER!
We will list the next spoilers here below. So stay tuned, more of this previews are on the way...
And don't forget to check the Updates section often, there you will find further informations about the core features and mechanics of the game. We'll keep on adding new insights and excerpts from the Official Rules of RUST : THE AFTERWORLD throughout the campaign.
Dedicato ai nostri amici Italiani:
Per chi fosse interessato ad una analisi più approfondita, vi consigliamo di dare uno sguardo a questa splendida intervista che Francesco Panitti ed Elisa Seri, della APS La Tavola Rotonda, hanno realizzato con i due creatori di RUST : THE AFTERWORLD. Mettetevi comodi e godetevela, è il modo migliore per conoscere meglio il nostro gioco, i retroscena e le ultime novità.
"È un gioco fatto per i giocatori..."
The game is ready, but in order to start the production process we need your help.
We have already contacted some fantastic illustrators who will give life to the RUST universe, and among them there will also be great names like Tomasz Jedruszek, whose past work on so many other games has been absolutely stunning...
And also legendary Paolo Parente, who will realize for us some of the key illustrations of the game. Paolo is one of the most celebrated illustrators in the world, he has created fantastic works in the last twenty years. And we are really proud he joined our team!
Once the graphic process is finished we will actually have the game printed. So if you will take part to the campaign after the summer you will have your first set of RUST : THE AFTERWORLD right at home, ready to be played.
Another amazing artist has joined our team: we are pleased to say welcome on board to superb illustrator John Avon!
John has accepted to realize for us a very special artwork for one of our Kickstarter-only premium cards, which is now included among the Stretch Goals. Go ahead for more infos and help us unlock it!
Essentially in the game there are 4 factions, which we call Tribes. Four peoples to choose from... four different ways to deal with plague and opponents.
- The Northern tribe, who has learned how to unleash the magical power that resides in the soul;
- The Southern hunters, who roam the desert in search of devices from the old world;
- The descendants of the Eastern people of the Samurais, proud masters of the blades;
- The cursed people of the West, who lived in the place from which the Rust first originated and which have been transformed into something terrible.
We have merged these Tribes into pairs: so you can choose the pack North vs South... or the East vs West pack. In each of these packs there are two decks of 40 cards each plus 2 Tribe Master cards and a 20 sided dice, which is all you need to start playing with a friend. Besides, if you pledge for the full Core Set you will have everything that's inside the two packs, which means the entire collection we have created!
And hurry up, because for each type of pack there are 50 copies available at an early bird reduced pledge cost, for our fastest backers!
UPDATE - New Reward Added: TRUE SURVIVOR!
We have added a new incredible reward we have reserved for this last week of campaign. Something really unique for all our backers to pledge. It is called: TRUE SURVIVOR!
Have you ever thought you could really be a part of RUST: THE AFTERWORLD? Meaning not only that you could be part of our big supporting family, but also that you could actually be INTO the game?!
If you would pledge for this new reward you will receive everything that is inside the "Full Core Set" reward... plus a Limited Edition Poster illustrated by the great Paolo Parente and signed by the Creators of the game... plus a special bonus: one of our key artists will immortalize your portrait into a Survivor Card. You got it well: you will be one of the Survivors of the game... one among the few human beings that will still inhabith planet Earth in the AfterWorld!!! Frigging amazing, isn't it?!
Free worldwide shipping included!
How does it work?
After the campaign we will ask you to send us a picture, and will forward it to our artists. You will be portrayed into a Survivor Card and your first name (if you want) will also appear in the card name itself. So you will truly become part of the RUST : THE AFTERWORLD story and mithology...
If you have already backed our project, just go to the Manage Your Pledge button and adjust it, choosing the TRUE SURVIVOR reward. If you are a newcomer... just hurry up!
There are only 4 copies available!
We have two specific pledge levels dedicated to stores already available on our Kickstarter page ("Retailers Box" and "Maxi Retailers Box"). We can also provide customized pledges and extra materials to help you promote the game with your customers. If you are interested in our batch of promotions dedicated to Store/Retailers and for further questions feel free to get in touch.
The game - if the KS campaign succeeds - will be printed in English language, but we will prepare digital copies of both the rules and the cards in other languages (including Français, Italiano, Español and more to come) as a complete reference, to be sent to all the backers who pledged for at least a reward.
We ship WORLDWIDE! And we are working really hard to ensure the most affordable and reliable solution for all of our backers. We have currently partnered with fulfillment services based in Europe and the US, so this project is EU-FRIENDLY and US-FRIENDLY. However we will definitely assist all our supporters from anywhere in the world, providing the best option to get your rewards at the lower expense is possible. For any further question you can ask in the FAQ section or contact us directly at: email@example.com
We please ask all the backers living in remote places (i.e. islands, war-zones, etc.) to get in touch prior to make any pledge so we can guide you and offer a customized solution.
We have been both players and games enthusiast since we were children. It's how we first met actually, back in the days playing at some friends' house... before meeting up again years later for working matters. So, one day we started talking about a new project: we wanted to tell a story, through a game... and wanted also to put together something that could be a completely new experience for the player.
So we started studying all the games we found, for about two years. We wanted to solve all those issues that were someway frustrating for the player... we wanted a game that was dynamic, but not repetitive. We wanted it strategic, but we didn't want to create a 200 pages manual to learn from. And we wanted it to adapt to the personal style of each player.
We have created many prototypes and different versions. And in the end we did it!
Risks and challenges
The major risk for a young independent company like ours is the unforeseen.
Said so, we have already been working on this project for more than 2 years. This means the game has already been extensively tested... and it proved to be amazing!
The illustrators and collaborators we have involved in the design process of this project are talented professionals. We are all working really hard to bring you the best possible gaming experience within the date of delivery. And also the partners we have chosen to be entrusted with the printing and delivery process are international companies, so we are confident this amazing adventure will be accomplished without any problem at all.
Please note that this is not a pre-order and the final product might slightly change in the process or get delayed. But be sure we are committed to create the best possible experience for the players and every choice we make will only be aimed at improving the standard of the final product.
Help us out by sharing our campaign so we can all enjoy playing RUST : THE AFTERWORLD together!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (35 days)