- The Hangman of Abu Ghraib is a book written by Latif Yahia Author of The Devil's Double Book & Movie, which follows Abed Ali throughout his violent and disturbing life in Iraq under two regimes – the Hussein reign of power and the CIA’s eventual control over the prison and country. Abed Ali became the hangman for the prison Abu Ghraib which stands outside of Baghdad.
His duties included murder and torture for both Hussein and the CIA. People were shocked by what they saw in fiction such as Game of Thrones and with no exaggeration Game of Thrones is nothing compared to this story.
- A man who hanged over 15’000 people – it could be the biggest mass murder in history.
He beheaded his wife, enemies, friends – no one was spared from Abed Ali under the instruction of his bosses.
Telling the tale of an Iraq built up from Shia poverty, to a Westernized Revolution City, we are given an eye-opening insight into Arab culture and politics.
- This book is a very important true story which documents the heinous crimes certain governments have covered up.
- We wish to show it to the world on screen before history surpasses it.
History has a way of changing things and we want Abed’s story to be true to itself. We wish to put this story on screens worldwide.
A movie is not ideal as there is not enough screen time in a movie to portray Abed’s full tale. We want to create a 5-episode series with 50 minute episodes so we can include all of the important details that make The Hangman of Abu Ghraib the compelling story that it is.
We already have a developed screenplay and after contacting several studios we have been told ‘no – there’s just too much politics involved.’ This makes us even more determined to get it out into the world – why are corporations trying to hide these political injustices and actions? These Hollywood studios are controlling the worlds media and what the people see – why don’t they want to put faces and names behind these CIA employees? Is it not important to educate people on what the US and Hussein regimes did to Iraq and individuals such as Abed regardless of the intense and thrilling story that is also being told?
Production , Location :
- After researching where it should be filmed, we decided on Malta or Spain where Latif’s previous book to film adaption The Devil’s Double was filmed.
The location, weather and architecture is perfect to match the setting of Iraq. Cast & Directors The cast of our production is a vital part of getting Abed Ali’s story across whilst also doing the story justice.
We want our cast to have known faces and be able to play the intense Hangman roles to perfection. We have already spoken to two directors, they like the script but they don’t want us to mention their names until we sign a contract with them, meaning we need a secure financial plan…
Finances: After discussing our financial situation and the costs the project will need to be a well-done, quality production, we have concluded that we need 5 million all together.
- Each episode is going to cost 800,000 – 1 million dollars to create and produce.
- We have already obtained 2.5 million from Latif and his family, we aim to raise another 1 million from Latif’s personal fans and followers – this leaves another 1.5 million we hope to raise from generous pledging Patreon’s.
Risks and challenges
This project is 100% risk free because of the vast amount of Investors and donators so far.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (60 days)