Tesseract: Gaming From A New Perspective
Tesseract: Gaming From A New Perspective
Get the edge over your competition with Tesseract: a new, immersive and revolutionary multi-axis gaming controller.
Get the edge over your competition with Tesseract: a new, immersive and revolutionary multi-axis gaming controller. Read more
We are launching a Kickstarter campaign to ask for your help to move forward the Tesseract into production; available to everyone worldwide.
About The Tesseract:
The Tesseract is a new, immersive and revolutionary multi-axis gaming controller. Currently the Tesseract works with any Windows based PC, with Mac and Linux versions to follow after the Kickstarter campaign has come to a close. The Tesseract incorporates six-axis movement which allows for simultaneous linear and rotational movement.
The Tesseract is a plug & play device which is intuitive to use, easy to learn and fully configurable. The Tesseract comes with a user friendly control panel which allows it to be configured easily; emulating any combination of key presses, joystick or mouse movements. This enables the Tesseract to excel at playing any game from past, present or future.
Tesseract gives you the edge over the competition with its greater level of sensitivity, efficiency of movement and a comprehensive user control panel. Using the control panel, gamers get the chance to create a unique set-up that works best for them. Going further, you can then choose to share your configurations via the Tesseract Share™ community section on our website.
Push Tesseract forward, your character moves forwards. Tilt Tesseract to the left, your aircraft tilts to the left. It’s that simple. The movements of the character you control mirror the motion of Tesseract.
When you’re wearing a virtual reality headset, you are transported to another world. The last thing you want to be worrying about is where the reload key is. Tesseract puts complete control in the palm of your hand.
The Tesseract is more than just a controller. It's a piece of technology that can be used for all sorts of different tasks, and it will prove itself to be one of your essentials when you're deciding what should be taking up desk space.
Although the technology behind our product lends itself to many other potential applications including robotics. The three core tasks we have found the Tesseract excels in are gaming, computer aided design and piloting drones, or UAV's.
This is the obvious one, gaming. The original purpose behind the Tesseract was fulfilling a need for a simple, intuitive and future ready gaming peripheral. Tesseract is a perfect match for any gaming set up for many reasons, but here are three of the most important.
- The customisation features are immense. Using our control panel, you can change the way the buttons work, how sensitive each axis is, reduce or increase dead zones and even determine how many key presses are registered per second.
- The Tesseract is extremely simple to use. Although the user control panel allows for a large amount of detailed tinkering, you don't need to worry about it because the Tesseract will be delivered with pre-configured set-ups for most game genres, as well as having the ability to download other people's configurations from the Tesseract Share™ community.
- Virtual reality is one of the most anticipated technologies when talking about the future of gaming and Tesseract fits straight into that future. When you're controlling a car, running around or just exploring the vast universe offered up by virtual reality, you don't want to worry about where your buttons are to move. The Tesseract makes it simple - just push forward.
Computer Aided Design:
Computer Aided Design. This is one of the most important industries in today's world, and it is essential to meet the amount of extra features, complexity and growing scale of modern day products. CAD plays a vital role in enabling us to create the products we know and love in today's modern society.
But where does the Tesseract come in? Throughout its current prototype lifespan, the Tesseract has been put through its paces with various CAD companies and has always come out with raving reviews from the individuals who are directly involved in the industry. One of the major benefits of Tesseract when considering CAD, is just how easy it is to navigate through 3D scenes and being able to map the most used key combinations directly into the palm of your hand.
When considering piloting, you would likely automatically jump at the thought of a handheld remote controller or operating from directly inside a cockpit. These remote controls can often be complicated to use due to the different movement sticks and rigorous amount of buttons needed to control a simple UAV.
With Tesseract you don't need to worry about this - you can control a UAV with one hand when using Tesseract. This is down to the fact that the Tesseract can be set up through the control panel to essentially mirror the actions of a UAV. It comes down to three simple steps.
- Think it
- Do it
- Watch it happen
As you can see from the above two screenshots of our current and planned control panel, the amount of customisation is comprehensive to say the least. You will notice that our future control panel looks a lot cleaner and crisper; this is because we have recruited a gaming-centred design team in order to create this control panel. We want it to be easy to use, but still look super awesome.
Tesseract Share™ is one of the major features we are implementing with the Tesseract – we feel it will allow for a social gaming experience unlike any other!
What Tesseract Share™ allows players to do is share their customised control set up. This includes everything from background image, to key mapping and even the sensitivity of each axis. This means that ordinary gamers will be given the chance to see how they match up against the professionals of competitive gaming.
What Tesseract Share™ also allows is for us to build a close knit community of gamers from all over the world, regardless of skill level. By using Tesseract Share™, gamers can be given a fair chance to finally win that MVP trophy.
This means you don’t need to worry about getting hold of a new configuration for all the latest games, the Tesseract team will release one that our team of in-house gamers recommend. Those in the Tesseract community who are lucky enough to get hold of BETA keys will be able to configure and refine set-ups before the games are even out on general release!
We believe that Tesseract Share™ will lead the way for a truly simple, social and fully configurable unique gaming experience. The process of using Tesseract share couldn’t be much simpler:
- Create your configuration
- Click the ‘Tesseract Share™’ button on the control panel
- Fill in the details listed and make sure you give it an awesome name!
- Click upload and wait a couple of seconds…Done! It’s that simple, join in the revolution of gaming control through Tesseract Share™.
- USB 3.0
- Extremely durable materials - Long lasting
- Non slip base
- Plug & Play
- Dimensions - 13cm L * 8cm W * 4.2cm D - (subject to change*)
- Weight - 450g - (subject to change*)
- Up to 8 programmable buttons
- Fully programmable axis
- 70mb hard drive space for control panel and drivers
- Windows Vista & above, including Windows 10
How We Are Making It Better
The Tesseract is great right now, but we know we can make it even better. The improvements we are working on currently are as follows:
- Wireless for improved cable free control
- Ergonomic design - sculpting the Tesseract's shape and build to make it an even more perfect fit
- Making the aesthetics cooler - using LED's and special materials to ensure Tesseract looks and feels the part
- Adding more programmable buttons - ensuring they are positioned with performance in mind
- The ability to carry two on-board profiles at any one time and switch on the go
- An improved control panel with more features and a gaming orientated design
- A size reduction of up to 10%, providing an even more stable ability to control
All of these changes are in the works and with your help, we can implement them immediately, bringing us one step closer towards getting the Tesseract into the hands of gamers, designers and pilots worldwide.
Our Rewards Structure
Developing for Tesseract
Here at Cojac, one of our main aims with Tesseract is interacting with the development community and getting our controller in the hands of developers, allowing them to develop software tailored to the unique control ability that the Tesseract provides.
We think that with all the possibilities Tesseract opens up, developers will be able to tap into a new world of game ideas and give players some awesome new experiences.
So what we will be doing for developers is as follows:
- Create an SDK for the Tesseract which will work with consumer models - you can pick one up for work and pleasure!
- Host a dedicated developers forum on our website for the community to help each other out
- Organise a range of e-seminars to help get everyone to grips with Tesseract and how it works
- If you are a Kickstarter backer - you will be able to get hold of our SDK 3 months before general release through our website!
- It's all going to be completely free
This means that you can back Tesseract today and begin developing for it straight out of the box if you wish.
And one more thing - the SDK will be on general release the same day that Tesseract starts shipping - this means you will be able to access the Tesseract SDK and start integrating it into your system prior to release - and with our support, we hope to be able to guarantee a stress-free day one of development.
Your valued contributions will help in the following areas:
- Designing the final version of the Tesseract for volume production
- Injection Mould Tooling: To manufacture the Tesseract's plastic components
- Printed Circuit Board Tooling
- Assembly of surface mount components
- Procurement of Components
- Combining all of the components together to build the Tesseract for distribution
- Quality Assurance: Ensuring each and every Tesseract is perfect before it leaves the factory
- Packing and Distribution
- Packing the Tesseract into its individual wrapping for distribution worldwide to you, our backers
Praise for Tesseract
“A 3D 6-axis mouse, providing 5 degrees of freedom without using a keyboard or buttons for navigation, Tesseract is in a league on its own. It simultaneously provides pitch, roll and yaw, giving game players unique combinations not available with any other single device. Single handed, intuitive, and simple to operate. If you want to improve your gameplay, and more importantly beat your friends, this is the device for you!” - Ivan Davies, Production & Development Director, Catalyst (http://www.catalystos.com/)
"I have been involved in the video games industry for over 20 years, as a publisher and developer. Jester Interactive Publishing is well known for Superbike (Isle of Man TT) and Monster Truck race games. One of the irritations of using a mouse and keyboard to control racing machines, and bikes in particular, is the lack of intuitive control. With the Tesseract you can lean into a corner, accelerate and slow down with ease. It’s extremely smooth and with some fine tuning it will be the perfect peripheral for these games. You can also throw in skiing and boarding sports games. Simultaneous rotational and linear control and all with one hand, it’s definitely a must buy for PC gamers." - Clarke Evans, Director, Jester Interactive Publishing (http://www.jesterinteractive.com/)
"In my time in the industry various new peripherals have emerged and clearly console controls have made play easier for Xbox and PlayStation. Now for the first time a PC controller which enables players to take a quantum leap forward. No need to use a mouse and keyboard combo, the Tesseract multi-axis controller gives the player easier, more natural control with one hand; allowing for 360 degrees of rotational freedom and the ability to simultaneously perform linear movements. This puts control back in the hands of the game player." - Gavin Cheshire, previous MD – Silicon Dreams Studios, VP of Development – Codemasters.
Tesseract on the Road: Play Expo Manchester 2015
We were proud to publicly present the Tesseract at PLAY Expo Manchester, a gaming convention that was held in Manchester on October 10 - 11. It was an awesome show, meeting fellow gamers and receiving a lot of great feedback on the Tesseract.
Our stand was kitted out with a large poster on the wall, a pull-up banner and LED lights that wrapped around the table and the controller to make the stand eye-catching. We're quite confident it worked as we had a good mix of kids and adults come to our stand to try out Tesseract.
Over the 2 day event, we got the chance to speak to a lot of people and many gamers, technology enthusiasts and journalists got the chance to experience Tesseract in person on several different games - from different genres including: FPS, Driving Simulation and Arcade games.
This was our first public show, and we were overwhelmed with the feedback we received. We can't wait to hit our next show, where we will hopefully take more PCs and Tesseracts with us so more people get the chance to sit down and experience Tesseract in person.
Just In Case You Missed It - Our Teaser Trailer
Tesseract is coming to Kickstarter because we believe in community. Cojac Ltd, the parent company behind the Tesseract, are a very close-knit family who have all dedicated blood, sweat and tears to the Tesseract project.
Kickstarter is the kind of place people come to when they have an honest project that they believe in, and inspire others to believe in too, and this is something we aspire to do.
We don't want to just release a product for profit; we want to build a community of gamers who want to share their experiences with others - Kickstarter allows for us to build the foundations of that community with people who truly believe in the project, just as much as we do.
So come on, join in the fun, join in the revolution and help to #ChangeGaming.
Cojac Ltd was established in 2006 to innovate and produce control devices. Our objective was to invent simpler input devices and develop multi-axis controllers. After 10 years of designing, re-designing and tweaking our controller to perfection, we are now pleased to announce the Tesseract on Kickstarter.
Find Us On Social Media
Risks and challenges
Risk: Production problems may occur.
Mitigation: We have allowed for help from appropriate consultants and the financial resources to resolve any foreseeable issues. Employees will be carefully selected to meet the job descriptions. Cojac management have extensive experience of volume production.
Risk: Insufficient financial support for the project.
Mitigation: Further external equity funding in Cojac Ltd is required to bring the Tesseract to market. We are currently undertaking preliminary discussions with potential investors. A successful Kickstarter campaign will confirm the market potential and therefore assist in securing additional funding required.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)