NO. It just means we're not funding that part yet.
Even if we had succeeded at raising the money for the fully 3D animated version, the next step would still be to make an animatic with dialog voices. Whether to complete the sound production first or animate first would've been an option (we could've done them in parallel), but there's no real reason not to do the sound first.
We might have just gone with my "sketchy-matic" animatics instead of getting Tim Giet to do his much nicer versions. I decided to go with that for this project, because it will make a nicer intermediate product. But really, it's nice to have anyway, because my storyboard really are pretty sketchy.
What I'm hoping is that a 2D animatic with our best version of the sound mixing will be enough to draw people in to support the full animation project by the time we need to raise money for that.
So this is really just a matter of changing to a more incremental strategy for production. The goal is still the same. This may result in a delay in when we can deliver the 3D animated version, since we can't get the animators to start right away. And of course, we may lose some of the people who signed on and have to find others, depending on work schedules and so on.