It's time for the special KantCon registration period! Get in on extra gaming goodness in preparation for KantCon on July 6-8, 2012!
KantCon 2012 runs July 6-8, 2012 at the Johnson County Community College Regnier Center!
KantCon is a tabletop game convention that has been held in Overland Park, KS every July for the last few years.
In 2009, the first KantCon began as a humble gathering of friends at a house in Shawnee, KS, and it blossomed from there. In 2009, 25 people attended.
In 2010, the convention went public when it was held in July at the Johnson County Community College Regnier Center. In 2010, 110 people attended and we had three vendors, Black Blade Publishing, Gamer Ground, and Secret Skeleton Miniatures.
In 2011, the convention continued it's presence at the Johnson County Community College, expanding into the full Capital Federal Conference Room. We were joined this time by a fourth vender, Silver Gryphon Games, as well as being re-joined by all the previous vendors, Black Blade Publishing, Gamer Ground, and Secret Skeleton Miniatures. Over 75 events ran over the course of three days, and we had 200 people attend.
In 2012, we will continue to expand further into Johnson County Community College with exciting additions to the venue, including a gaming track designed exclusively for young children! More on that when we have it ironed out!
We hope to be joined by a few new companies this year, we'll keep you updated as time goes on.
So, for now, enjoy the rewards we're offering for KantCon 2012 Pre-Pre-Registration! Help us reach our $3,000 goal (and beyond)!
We are proud to announce that if we can reach $4,000 in funding, we will be able to bring out the first ever KantCon Guest of Honor in none other than Shane Hensley.
Shane Hensley is the president of Pinnacle Entertainment Group, and the creator of the Savage Worlds game system as well as the Deadlands game setting, amongst others.
About Shane and Michelle Hensley
Shane and Michelle Hensley owned a game and comics store called Fun 'n Games in Blacksburg, VA, while they attended school at Virginia Tech. During that time, Shane wrote for every major gaming company, including TSR, White Wolf, and West End Games, among many others.
In 1994, Shane started Pinnacle Entertainment Group, where he created the best-selling, award-winning Deadlands, Hell on Earth, Weird Wars, and later Savage Worlds and many of its settings. Since then he's written dozens of books and several novels, and designed everything from card games to miniature games to computer games.
In 2004, Shane joined Cryptic Studios as a designer on City of Villains, the sequel to the smash-hit City of Heroes Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Game (MMORPG). Shane enjoyed several wonderful years at Cryptic before moving to Arizona to become Studio Head for Superstition Studios where he was making an MMORPG based on Deadlands.
Unfortunately, the parent company folded in 2009. After a brief stint creating the casual game "Zombie Pirates," Shane was happy to return to his friends at Cryptic Studios where he now serves as the Executive Producer of the new Dungeons & Dragons game, Neverwinter.
Shane still runs Pinnacle with the help of many talented freelancers and partners. He currently commutes weekly to California but lives in beautiful Gilbert, Arizona, with his wife Michelle and their two incredible sons Caden and Ronan Hensley. He has a double-BA in History and Political Science, and an MA in Special Operations & Low Intensity Conflicts.
Shane’s Credits include:
Novels & Fiction
- Sole Survivor (West End Games)
- Blood of Tarrian (West End Games)
- Darkfall (HarperCollins)
- Dead End(West End Games)
- Prisons (White Wolf Studios)
- Reaching for the Stars (West End Games)
- The Trilogy With No Name (Pinnacle)
Major Licensed Work
- Army of Darkness Roleplaying Game (Eden/MGM)
- Killer Instinct Collectible Card Game (Topps/Nintendo)
- X-Files Collectible Card Game (Topps/Fox) (Unpublished)
- Star Wars: Secrets of the Sisar Run Roleplaying Game (West End Games)
- City of Heroes / City of Villains (Cryptic Studios)
- Marvel Universe Online (Cryptic Studios)
- Thunderscape (SSI)
- Entomorph (SSI)
- Panzer General (SSI)
- Weird Wars (Strategy First)
- Operation: Watershed! (4-H/USDA)
- City by the Silt Sea (TSR/Hasbro)
- Nightmare Lands (TSR/Hasbro)
- Earth, Fire, Water, & Air (TSR/Hasbro)
- Ravenloft Monstrous Compendium II (TSR/Hasbro)
- Terror in the Skies (FASA)
- Humans (FASA)
- Temple of Rec Stalek (West End Games)
- When Axioms Collide (West End Games)
- Techbook: Ships (West End Games)
- Crosshairs (West End Games)
- The World of Aden (West End Games)
- Campaign Chronicles (West End Games)
- A Fist Full of Zombies (Eden/MGM)
Collectible Card Games
- The Last Crusade (Pinnacle/Chameleon Eclectic)
- The Last Crusade: The Russian Front (Pinnacle)
- The Great Rail Wars (Pinnacle)
- Rippers (Pinnacle)
- Fields of Honor (Pinnacle)
- Fields of Honor: The American War For Independence
Pinnacle Products Personally Written or Developed
- The Last Crusade (Producer)
- Fields of Honor
- Fields of Honor Fields of Honor:The American War for Independence
- Deadlands: the Weird West
- The Quick & the Dead
- Deadlands Players Guide
- Deadlands Marshal’s Guide
- Hell on Earth
- Waste Warriors
- The Great Rail Wars
- City o’ Gloom
- The Last Crusaders
- Savage Worlds / Savage Worlds Explorer's Edition
- 50 Fathoms
- Rippers (Developer)
- Necessary Evil (Developer)
- Deadlands: Reloaded
- The Savage World of Solomon Kane (Developer)
- Traveller's Tales - The Gottleib Horror
- Weird Wars: Weird War Two (For Savage Worlds, with Mike Montesa)
- Numerous One Sheets
Large Convention Guest of Honor Appearances
- Guest of Honor: Origins 1997 (with Tom Clancy and Bruce Campbell)
- Guest of Honor: NukeCon 1998 Guest of Honor: Arcanacon 2000 (Sydney, Australia)
- Guest of Honor: Leprecon 2003 (Dublin, Ireland)
- Guest of Honor: GenCon England 2004
- Guest of Honor: Archon 2004 (St. Louis, MO)
- Guest of Honor: GenCon SoCal 2004 (San Diego, CA)
- Numerous smaller convention appearances
- Named 13th Most Innovative Person in the Gaming Industry by peers, 2000
- Named 7th Best Designer in the Gaming Industry by peers, 2000
- Awards Origins Award: Best Roleplaying Game of 1996 (Deadlands)
- Nigel Findley Memorial Award for Best RPG of 1996 (Deadlands)
- Origins Award: Best Miniatures Game of 1997 (Great Rail Wars)
- Origins Award: Best Short Fiction of 1998 (Leftovers)
- Origins Award: Best Collectible Card Game (1999)
- Origins Award: Best Vehicular Miniature of 1999 (Velocipede)
- Origins Award: Best Fantasy Figure of 1998 (Hanging Judge)
- Origins Award: Best Historical Miniatures Game of 2000 (Fields of Honor)
- Origins Award: Fan’s Choice Award for Best Roleplaying Game of 2003 (Savage Worlds)
- Ennies Award: Best Roleplaying Game of 2003 (Savage Worlds)
- Origins Award: Best Roleplaying Game of 2006 (Deadlands: Reloaded)
If we can hit $4,000 in funding, Shane will be present to run games, as well as play in the "Celebrity" Tomb of Horrors game.
Please help us make this a reality, and have Shane and his wonderful wife, Michelle join the KantCon family!
Upon reaching our second stretch goal of $4,500, we will be creating some custom KantCon 2012 shirts for those who pledge $50 or more. These shirts will be designed by our resident KantCon Designer, Jay Carter III, and will be included in the SWAG bags of everyone who pledges $50 or more!
Upon reaching $5,000, everyone who pledges $50 or more will receive, in addition to the normal customized KantCon d6, a full matching dice set from Chessex. These dice will include a non-customized d4, another d6, a d8, a d10, a d12, a d20, and a 10's d10.
Upon reaching $5,500, everyone who pledges $50 or more will automatically be enrolled in the KantCon Meal Plan, a new feature to this year's convention that enables you to sit back, relax, and not worry about feeding yourself for three days. The details are still being ironed out, but a KantCon volunteer will be picking up food from an area vendor for lunch and dinner each day of the convention, and will be bringing it back to the convention for you. That means you can roll dice with a full belly, and don't even have to leave the convention floor!
Upon reaching $6,000, everyone who pledges $50 or more will receive a custom KantCon leatherette portfolio with a pad of paper inside. These portfolios measure 9.5" by 12.75" and are super nice!
The Custom Leatherette Padfolios are a sophisticated and classy way of taking down notes and writing down important information. Use these printed padfolios in the office or at school!
They will, of course, be finished off with an exclusive KantCon design on the front cover!
If we reach the $7,000 reward, everyone who pledges $50 or more will be getting, in addition to all the goodies already announced ...
You'll get an exclusive KantCon Backpack! These backpacks can carry electronics, clothing, books, towels and more altogether in one convenient bag. Named the Travelers Multi-Pocket Backpacks for its popularity among travelers, this bag can hold an adequate amount of items for up to a ten-day vacation or more. These Travelers Multi-Pocket Backpacks are also easy to carry and store which is important if you’re traveling by bus, plane or train. These backpacks have dimensions that are twenty inches in height and 15.5 inches in width. They also have a large custom imprint area that fits personalized titles or logos that are 4.5 inches in width and two inches in height.
When the campaign ends, and if the funding goal has been reached, you will be charged then. You will need to plan to have funds available to be taken from your account on April 1, 2012.
We don't have any kind of deals with local hotels as of this time, but you can certainly check the various websites around to find hotel deals. Here's a link: http://www.kayak.com/hotels#Johnson-County-Community-College,Overland-Park,KS,US/2012-07-05/2012-07-09/at-12345-College-Blvd
KantCon 2012 is being held on July 6-8 at the Johnson County Community College Regnier Center.
Unfortunately, with how Kickstarter works, you can only pledge under one person at a time. However, in the case of registering for multiple people, what you can do is pledge the proper amount, and then message us using the message system here (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/terrestrialboy/kantcon-2012-pre-pre-registration/messages/new…) and let us know how many passes you want with your pledge.
For example, say you need to get three passes to KantCon. Go ahead and pledge $75 to the cause, and send us an e-mail so we know to split that pledge up into three $25 packages. It's that simple!