She reached for the tome, not knowing what to expect, but anticipating the power that would soon be at her fingertips....
Players and DMs alike, rejoice! The Tome of Many Things is here to elevate your D&D 5th Edition games with a metric ton of new content! Compiled within the ancient pages you will find:
- 7 New Classes & 35 New Archetypes
- 100 New Feats
- 15 New Weapons & 25 New Alchemical Items
- 40 New Magical Items
- 20 New Spells
- 20 New Monsters (Including Kaiju!) & 40 Mundane NPCs (Like the Dwarven Mushroom Farmer & the Surly Waitress!)
- Optional Rules! (Addiction, Allergies, Assets & Liabilities, and Alignment Score!)
The Tome of Many Things will be offered as a full-color, bookmarked PDF or as a high-quality softcover collector's edition (with a variant cover art)!
New Classes & Archetypes
The new classes and archetypes introduced in the Tome of Many Things bring a plethora of choice to your games. Here are a few samples:
- Blood Mage (New Class) - Deviant and daring, a Blood Mage rules others through the power of Blood, and cares only to release it from its fleshy prison in the most violent of ways.
- Path of the Battlerager (New Barbarian Archetype) - Village conscripts and veteran soldiers alike panic at the sight of heavy armored berserker warriors!
- Way of the Weightless Foot (New Monk Archetype) - Gravity defying martial arts!
- Trap Smith (New Rogue Archetype) - A master of creating and disarming complex traps, a Trap Smith always has the right tool for the right job, especially if that job is maiming or killing unwanted intruders.
- Vanguard (New Class) - A front line warrior who excels in both taking and dealing out damage with explosive attacks and adrenaline fueled abilities.
Included in the Tome of Many Things are 100 new Feats to round out your character or NPC. Optional Rules for Teamwork Feats and new Starting Racial Feats are also included! Here are some examples:
- Back to Back (Teamwork): You gain +3 to your AC when you find yourself flanked by an opponent and if you are adjacent to a friendly creature who also has this feat. If you are adjacent to a friendly creature who does not have this feat, the bonus is reduced to +1.
- Deadly on the Ground (Prerequisite - Proficiency +4 or higher): You no longer suffer disadvantage to attack rolls while you are prone.
- Overflowing Font (Prerequisite - Sorcerer level 4 or higher): You add your proficiency bonus to your total amount of Sorcery Points.
The Tome of Many Things will introduce a number of unique weapons and alchemical items to your adventures. Here are some examples:
- Sick Stick -Rare (300 gp) This "stick" is actually a carefully compressed length of wood pulp and dried botanicals that is burned similarly to a stick of incense. Once lit, the smell takes approximately 1 round to fill a 30 foot area. The smell given off by a sick stick is extremely foul, and any living creature who comes within 30 feet of a burning stick is subject to a Constitution saving throw against a DC 15. On a failed save, the creature gains disadvantage on attack rolls and ability checks as long as they stay within 30 feet of a burning stick but no closer than 15 feet. If they move closer to the stick and come within 15 feet, they are subject to another Constitution saving throw against a DC 18. A failed save here gains the creature -2 Strength and Dexterity due to muscle spasms and dry heaving, as long as they stay within 15 feet of the burning stick. If any of the saving throws are successful, the creature is immune to that sick stick's smell only, as each stick is composed of slightly different concentrations of ingredients.
- Dueling Scabbard -Cost 20gp, Dmg 1d6 B, Wt. 5lb, Light, Finess, Special - These scabbards are reinforced with steel making them extremely inflexible, but also able to be used in combat as a weapon or to assist in deflecting blows. (Dueling Scabbard - You gain a +1 to your AC against melee weapon attacks when you wield this weapon in your off-hand.)
New Magical Items
40 new Magical Items are introduced in the Tome of Many Things to populate your dragon's hoard or trapped treasure chest. Here are a few examples:
- Gurb's Choppa - Weapon (Handaxe), rare (requires attunement): You gain a +1 bonus to attack and damage rolls made with this magical weapon. Twice per day, you can cause the weapon to deliver a more powerful slice, dealing an additional 1d6 slashing damage after a successful strike which also dislodges a piece of the weapon into the targeted creature. The piece of shrapnel deals an additional 1d6 slashing damage on the next turn. Pieces dislodged this way reform after 24 hours, often in the form of jury-rigged scraps of metal attached to the blade.
- Boots of Deception - Wondrous item, rare (requires attunement): These boots always look distressed from a lifetime of use but never seem to rip or otherwise fall apart. While wearing these boots, you are able to magically silence or amplify your footsteps on any terrain. You are also able to choose to leave tracks, or not, on any terrain. This does not prevent you from being tracked by other means.
- Armor of Daylight's Embrace - Armor (leather), rare: While wearing this armor, you gain resistance to necrotic damage. Additionally, you are immune to the charm ability of vampires. If you successfully grapple a vampire, you can activate the armor's special ability. While a vampire is grappled by you, the armor deals 20 radiant damage every round, no save is granted. The vampire receives a -2 to their ability check to escape the grapple while you are wearing this armor.
You can't add new spellcasting classes and archetypes without adding new spells! Here are a few examples:
- Suffocate (Necromancy 2nd level; Components - V, S; Casting - 1 action; Range - 25 feet, line of sight; Target - One creature; Duration - 1 round + 1 round per Spellcasting Ability modifier; Saving Throw - Constitution) By means of this spell, the caster can attempt to pull the oxygen from the target's blood, essentially slowing suffocating them in the process. The target takes 2d4 necrotic damage per round on a failed Constitution saving throw. Creatures have disadvantage on all rolls while under the effects of this spell. Cast at a higher level - When this spell is cast using a 5th level spell slot, or above, the damage increases to 2d8 per round and you can increase the number of creatures affected by 1 for every spell slot used above 5th.
- Bloom (1st level transmutation; Casting Time: 1 action; Range: 30 ft; Components: V, S; Duration: Concentration, up to 1 hour) You can cause any flora that is capable of blooming to come into full bloom within 30 feet of your position. Any tree, bush, or flower that is capable of bearing edible food (fruit, nuts, etc.), does so. Dead plants are not affected by this spell.
- Ingeareanea - From the deep jungle comes the Ingeareanea! This 125 foot tall spider was worshiped by Goblins who made their home deep in the jungle's interior. For eons it has lived and dined on sacrifices made by the Goblins, and in lean times, the Goblins themselves!
- Tonitrus Testudo - Often mistaken for a large island, the Tonitrus Testudo has been known to sleep for thousands of years. In those times, whole civilizations have lived and died on its enormous shell. When Tonitrus Testudo wakes, its hunger knows no bounds!
- Draconis Rex - Slumbering beneath an ancient volcano, Draconis Rex is whispered about in hushed tones by the primitive villagers who live on the volcano's slopes, as if hearing its name would wake the terrible monster. Placated in ancient times with blood sacrifices, it is said Draconis Rex is pleased with offerings of man-flesh, as well as bejeweled valuables and powerful magical items.
The Tome of Many Things will explore new character options, including Addiction, that will help DMs and Players alike flesh out their characters and NPCs like never before. Additionally, the Tome will explore Alignment in a new way by offering an optional rule of an Alignment Score, which can help alleviate the confusion of "would my character do that?"
Manastorm: World of Shin'ar (5e) Campaign Setting PDF - 530 full-color pages, including new races, classes, spells, feats, items, monsters, and more! D&D 5e Compatible! (MSRP $39.95) - Add 19.95 to your Pledge!
FUNDED! $1300 - More Art! RPG books can be quite dry with their endless text boxes and graphs. Terran Empire Publishing loves supporting fantasy artists, and if the project reaches this stretch goal, we will commission more art to fill out the pages of the Tome! FUNDED!
FUNDED! $2800 - Ready Made Pre-Gens! Do you have a favorite 5e character you created? Do you want to see them immortalized in print? We will be accepting Backer Made characters to feature as pre-generated playable characters in the back of the book. If this stretch goal is reached, any backer (from any level) can submit one of their favorite characters (level 1 to 20) to be selected by us and included in the back of the book as a ready made pre-gen for those times when you need a new character quickly for the next session after a TPK! Backers who have their character chosen will receive full creator credit in the book. Each pre-gen will also have a small portrait done for them as well. FUNDED!
FUNDED! $4300 - Quick Reference Cards! Forgot that monster's stats? Can't remember where you put your notes about that unique suit of armor you just got? This stretch goal level will offer a set of quick reference cards to players and GMs to have handy detailing information given in the Tome of Many Things. NOTE: This stretch goal level reward is only available to backers who pledge for the softcover book reward level. FUNDED!
All Stretch Goals have been reached! You guys rock!
The Tome of Many Things will be offered as a bookmarked PDF, fulfilled by DriveThruRPG, the world's largest RPG download store! It will also be available as a Special Edition softcover, with FREE shipping to all of our USA backers!
Follow us on...
Find other books by Terran Empire Publishing here:
Sansa & the Lonely Troll - https://amzn.to/2Eq5D7Y
Manastorm: World of Shin'ar - https://amzn.to/2PvPyyU
Faithful Fairy Friends - http://amzn.to/2v4qJ30
Stories of Norse Gods and Heroes - http://amzn.to/2teOLuZ
Risks and challenges
The main challenge is time, however, about half of the content has been written and edited already. This project is less ambitious in scope than my previous Kickstarter and fullfillment on the Tome should go as planned. As always, I keep my backers up-to-date through emails and updates.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)