What is Manastorm: World of Shin’ar?
Manastorm: World of Shin’ar is a new, full color, 500+ page Pathfinder/3.5/5e Compatible campaign setting featuring 16 new playable races - each with their own unique Hybrid Class. It contains 7 new Prestige Classes, 10 expansive regions, pantheons, new spells, feats, monsters, and more!
The planet of Shin'ar boasts 10 expansive regions to explore, from dust- choked ruins to far off enclaves guarded by logic driven automatons. Manastorm: World of Shin’ar introduces players to the Manasphere, a bubble of radiation that surrounds the planet, given off by mana crystals found deep within the planet's interior. The Manasphere allows those who can tap into it's unlimited power to fuel fantastic feats of magic and wonder. Players will be able to create new magical items from mana crystals that allow the user to cast stored spells on themselves or others, as well as allowing spellcasters to renew spent spell slots. Players must be warned though, the overuse of mana crystals can result in Mana Poisoning, and eventual death and rising as a Mana Zombie.
The planet suffers from events known as Lunar Quickenings. The Dri-jen Moon, the smallest of the planet's two moons, has an erratic orbit. When it moves close enough to the planet, the moon causes all mana crystal deposits within the planet to react wildly. Bursts of raw mana saturate the Manasphere and cause fluctuations in its behavior. During these times, portals to unknown planets and planes of existence spontaneously open all over the world, depositing countless people and creatures on Shin'ar.
The vast majority of the peoples encountered on Shin'ar are not native to the planet. Many races have migrated to the world during Lunar Quickenings and found themselves stranded when the event ended. Portals to other dimensions and planets can only function during Lunar Quickenings. The Manasphere does not allow the opening of gates or portals outside of Lunar Quickenings, and it has a way to punish those who try to circumvent this. These events last for an indeterminate amount of time. Some have come and gone in the span of a few years, while some can last over a millennium.
Lunar Quickenings allow GMs and Players to include all kinds of "homebrew" races and monsters. While Manastorm: World of Shin’ar will offer more than enough to begin to play wonderful and exciting adventures and campaigns, the Lunar Quickenings make it so anything and everything can be encountered on Shin'ar.
Terran Empire Publishing will be hosting competitions to include new races and monsters from fans into future products.
History has been disrupted multiple times by these Lunar Quickenings, often with the release of demonic entities and other fearsome creatures, some of which could not find their way back home before their portals of origin were closed. Here is where our story begins: the last Lunar Quickening raged on for 38 years, only recently ending and leaving the world to recover once more….
The planet of Shin'ar...
The world of Shin'ar is broken into ten regions, and each region has a number of smaller sub-regions. Manastorm: World of Shin'ar will include in-depth write ups and maps that will bring these areas to life for your campaign.
Terran Empire Publishing is a small, family run publishing company dedicated to the Fantasy and Science Fiction genres. We have over forty years of Roleplaying experience in both table-top and digital mediums. Terran Empire Publishing has successfully run two Kickstarter campaigns, and the books from those can now be purchased via Amazon, and other online retailers! The World of Shin'ar has been a homebrew concept that has been growing for over ten years. This book is the first of many planned in the Shin'ar Shared Universe!
What you get...
Manastorm: World of Shin'ar is shaping up to be a massive tome!
- 16 New Playable Races complete with history, relations with other races, and information on their society and customs!
- 16 New Hybrid Classes unique to each new race introduced!
- 7 New Prestige Classes!
- 40+ New Deities with full write ups on their history, dogma, and avatar forms!
- New Feats and Skills letting Players create magical items from Mana Crystals!
- New Spells, including ones that protect from harmful mana and ones that create portals!
- New weapons and alchemical items unique to Shin'ar and the peoples who inhabit the planet!
- New magical items unique to the planet including Quasi-magical items and rules on how to make them!
- 12 New Monsters unique to Shin'ar, including the Unicypus and the powerful Atlanteans!
- 10 expansive regions to explore, each fully mapped and with descriptions on the societies and people who inhabit them!
- In-depth write up on the Manasphere, the atmospheric bubble of radiation that powers magic on the planet, including rules on manastorms and mana poisoning!
- Everything presented in a sleek, full color layout with mind blowing artwork from Terran Empire Publishing's own Evan Rodda, as well as other talented fantasy artists!
Terran Empire Publishing will be offering add ons, a list of them are:
- Additional PDF copies (Pathfinder OR 5e) - $26 (Retail value $39.95)
- Additional Print copies (Pathfinder OR 5e) - $55 (Retail value $59.95)
- Manastorm: World of Shin'ar Game Tokens - $1 each or 10 for $8
- Manastorm: World of Shin'ar Stickers - $1 each
- Terran Empire Publishing bookmarks - $2 each
- Ad Space (PDF or Print) - $25 Quarter Page, $50 Half Page, $70 Full Page
- One of a kind comic "Graknak and Taknak's Adventures" written by my 9 year old daughter - $5
- 11x17 Posters (Examples Coming Soon!) - $8
- 11x17 World Map Poster (By Deven Rue!) - $14.99
- Manastorm Adventure Path - PDF (Pathfinder & 5e) "Shadow on the Sun - The Kingdom of Jutan and the Western Shore" - $12.99
- Manastorm Adventure Path - Softcover Print (Pathfinder & 5e) "Shadow on the Sun - The Kingdom of Jutan and the Western Shore" - $22.99
The stretch goals will be unveiled and described as they are unlocked!
Terran Empire Publishing has a working relationship with IngramSpark and are satisfied with the quality, price, and speed in which they produce books. We have used them in the past to fulfill our orders from our previous successful Kickstarters. Because they have access to worldwide distribution, we are able to ship finished books virtually anywhere in the world. We are happy to provide shipping for our United States customers at no additional charge!
Follow us on...
Find other books by Terran Empire Publishing here:
Faithful Fairy Friends - http://amzn.to/2v4qJ30
Stories of Norse Gods and Heroes - http://amzn.to/2teOLuZ
Risks and challenges
The writing is finished and the principle artwork has been delivered or is in the process of being ordered. This project has been a massive undertaking for our team and we are confident we will deliver a product that exemplifies our company's dedication to quality. The majority of the time from the successful completion of this Kickstarter to Print will be taken up by play-testing and tweaking some of the unique concepts we introduce in the book as well as converting it to 5th Edition.
Terran Empire Publishing has successfully completed two Kickstarters and we are well aware of the procedures and processes involved in fulfilling orders. That being said, we are still a young company and we are continuing to grow and learn the game crafting and publishing business. We have planned for hiccups and delays, and we hope you will be satisfied with the finished product.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)