Telekinetic Walrus and The Pride of Ions
- The Story:
Telekinetic Walrus tumbled down the slopes of the super-mountain Kraz in the smoldering shell of their beaten, war-weathered spaceship, as the battle against the Ice Lords of Zerio neared its peak. A vital strike to their ship's rear temporal bass engine had rendered them immobile, as fierce fighting continued on all sides. All of a sudden the Ice Lords of Zerio descended upon the still-dazed crew and began ripping through the hull of their vessel with electric ice blasts. Corinne Stevie's rainbow light whips sliced through the nose of the ship and caught a few of the Ice Lords with a fatal surprise. The team burst forth from the destroyed ship and landed in battle formation, as the remainder of the Zerion army closed in on them...
Music Streaming / Lyrics: http://telekineticwalrus.bandcamp.com/
- Our Goal:
- Secure a safe/reliable touring vehicle
We've utilized our current touring vehicle well-passed its intended lifetime. To continue our quest of battling evil and spreading universal peace and prosperity through touring, we will have to acquire certain tools and power ups. First and foremost, we need a safe and reliable spaceship! That’s why we need you. This is our previous ship, which took two extensive tours in 2014:
Six people, approximately 2,000 lb. over-weight, no air conditioning, and very little storage space or leg room - YIKES!!! So, we’re humbly asking for $7,500 to get a used passenger van - tagged, titled, and ready to tour. If we could get a bigger, reliable van, we’ll be able bring more props, costumes, and gear, as well as take longer trips to come see more of your smiling faces. Getting a legitimate van is going to be a difficult process, but we believe that with your help and Kickstarter, we can take this leap of faith and fly into space for our next mission!
Formed in Miami in 2009, Telekinetic Walrus quickly developed a strong following with their unique, widely appealing sound, conscious lyrics, and high-energy live performances. The group holds, as its back drop, an epic tale set in Multi-dimensional space and time. Theatrical stories, presented live and in recordings, tell the tale of The Prime Primordial Walrus and his band of Intergalactic heroes, as they travel across the universe battling evil sent from the mega-powerful Dalakur. Each member of the band plays a character in the monumental fantasy saga. Written by the TimeZoo Keeper (Vocalist of Telekinetic Walrus) and J Dude (Upper-echelon member of The Telekinetic Family), the story is incredibly complex and fun. With your contribution, we could bring these characters to life in comic book form, an animated series, and video games.
Facebook Fan Page: https://www.facebook.com/telekineticwalrus
- Where and When:
The geographical heart of the band is the Walrus Cave, a professional sound laboratory/workshop, outfitted with a soundproof vocal booth, instrument room, and control booth. We also have a screen-printing shop, graphic design/video suite, a workshop for creating stage props/installations/costumes, offices for administrative work, board/creative meeting room, an art studio, and a home brewing station. All of this we built by hand, from the ground up, over the course of a long, sleep deprived year (with a little help from our friends), all while working odd day jobs to pay for the business space and to fund the construction.
Telekinetic Walrus recently returned from The Tic Toc Tour, which journeyed through the Southeastern United States this fall to obliterate people’s minds and close out the main stage at The Grassroots Music Festival in Shakori Hills, North Carolina. Having put out four banging EPs and a hot single in the past year alone, the band is gearing up for a Springtime run to support their much-anticipated full-length release. Bolstered by The Telekinetic Family, the band’s skilled support squad, Telekinetic Walrus expands their performances into highly engaging multimedia experiences.
Telekinetic Walrus has shared bills with a diverse range of international acts, such as The Chemical Brothers, Flying Lotus, Del The Funky Homosapien, Four Tet, RJD2, Matisyahu, Dub FX, Easy Star All Stars, Prefuse 73, Otto von Schirach, Afrobeta, and visionary artist, Alex Grey. In addition to playing at all three GrassRoots Festivals in Miami, New York, and North Carolina, the band has also played at Ultra Music Festival, III Points Music Festival, and MoonFest, to name a few. Telekinetic Walrus focuses daily on spreading their music and positive vibes to a worldwide audience, while continuing to produce live performances and events, that unify people through community-building collaborations and active peace.
- The Rewards:
But more importantly, what’s in it for you? We've hand-selected a variety of awesome rewards across a wide range of tiers, so that regardless of your income bracket you can get the flyest walrus gear and experiences! Our rewards include: digital downloads, sneak peeks, kickstarter-exclusive musical content, physical copy of our new CD when released, a T-shirt printed by the band, a Kickstarter-exclusive T-shirt, a screen-printed and signed/numbered poster, special Thanks on the CD credits, personal THANK YOU phone call from band member(s), hand-painted Flying Squirrel, hand-crafted Squirrel Staff, Skype with the Band and get a song made about you or whatever you want, be in our next music video, get a private lesson from a band member, come into The Walrus Cave Studio and collaborate on three tracks, then take home the original masters.
The Stretch Goals:
There is no edge to the Multiverse for Telekinetic Walrus! So, we've also hand-crafted some epic Stretch Goals all the way up to $150,000.
- NEW full length album costs (mastering, manufacturing, marketing, etc.) [$7,500 (van) + $3,000 = $10,500]
- Wireless Microphones (We jump around on stage A LOT and cables are a hazard) [$10,500 + $2,800 = $13,300]
- New speaker system for the Recording Studio (current subs/amps are old and blown) [$13,300 + $8,000 = $21,300]
- Funding for (more) Music Videos [$21,300 + $5,000 = $26,300]
- Funding for Live Performance Props: Wondeldriak (life-size 16 ft. mythical creature), new costumes, experimental instruments, theatrical goodies) [$26,300 +$10,000 = $36,300]
- Comic Book/Cartoon = [$36,300 + $3,000 = $39,300]
- Expansion of the Epic Tale [$39,300 + time = $39,300]
- Better Workshop/Construction Gear (for building props) [$39,300 + $2,000 = $41,300]
- Better Studio hardware including vocal preamps, studio mics, snakes [$41,300 + $9,000 = $50,300]
- Two Short-throw projector for live/projection mapped visuals [$50,300 + $2,700 = $53,000]
- Road Cases for Mixing Board, Synths, Pedals, and Misc. On-stage Musical Gear [$53,000 + $4,000 = $57,000]
- Video Game [$57,000 + $4,000 = $61,000]
- Animated Series [$61,000 + $10,000 = $71,000]
- Full PA system for touring (bumping subwoofers, mains, monitors, generator, refurbish our old trailer to carry the system [$71,000 + $40,000 = $111,000]
- Four wireless in-ear monitors (fancy in-ear headphones that allow the vocalists to always hear the mix how they need) [$111,000 + $5,000 = $116,000]
- Upgrade video lab with powerful computers (More RAM, High Power Video Cards, Larger Monitors, Big Hard Drives, etc.) [$116,000 + $10,000 = $126,000]
- Upgrade live/music video recording equipment (Cameras, Lighting, Field Audio Recorders, etc.) [$126,000 + $13,000 = $139,000]
- Upgrade screen-printing shop and merchandise production equipment (new printing press, conveyer dryer, light box, etc.) [$139,000 + $11,000 = $150,000]
-Stretch Goal Rewards:
If we reach...
- $10,000 - Everyone who donated at any amount will get Exclusive Sneak-Peak access to our next Music Video.
- $25,000 - Every donation of $15 or more gets a Telekinetic Walrus Lighter.
- $50,000 - Every donation of $25 or more gets a Telekinetic Walrus Pint Glass.
- $75,000 - Every donation of $35 will get a Kickstarter exclusive, signed, Holographic Deep Space CD Edition of our NEW Full-Length Album.
- $100,000 - Every donation of $50 or more gets a signed Vinyl Record of the NEW Full-Length Album
- $150,000 - Everyone who donated, at any amount, will be invited to a ridiculously awesome extravaganza of a party in our hometown, Miami, to celebrate the release and success of Kickstarter (travel and lodging not included).
Risks and challenges
As far as the spaceship, our first challenge upon completion of our project will be to find the right vehicle for our needs and price range. But we are confident that the $7,500 goal will be enough to do so, and that we'll find what we're looking for, before our next tour at the end of February. We also have a good friend/mechanic that will help us locate a quality ship.
As far as the heroes and their music, some might think it takes a lot of work to perform in a tightly functioning six-piece, funky, psychedelic, Hip Hop group. They are correct. But, imagine these same people also taking on the roles of: Producer, Studio Engineer, Manager, Booking Agent, Investor, Merchandise Designer/Manufacturer, Tour Driver, Stage Manager, Music Video Director, Videographer, Editor, Graphic Designer, Comic Book Artist, Live Projection Mapping VJ, and Costume/Prop Fabricator, all while working regular day-jobs, just to foot the bill.
We thrive on challenges, and finding enough time to dedicate to our creative endeavors is a big one. With your contribution, we would be able to transform what we already do into a more successful business that would not only give us the time to create freely, but also generate a positive mental influence on our global society. Another challenge will be to fulfill all of the rewards for our backers. We're planning on fulfilling most of the rewards before we leave on our next tour, but there is a risk that we won't complete all reward fulfillments until we get back from tour. In that case, we plan on dedicating the month of April, when we get back from our next tour, to knocking out all those rewards, so that our amazing backers can go ahead and enjoy. Some rewards will arrive well-before our next tour, so make sure to look at the estimated delivery on each reward.
Telekinetic Walrus is dedicated to its goal of obtaining world peace through the education of individuals to the synergy of the universe. We are all one, and through our own inner peace, outer peace can be achieved permanently. Then, together we can move on to important things like exploring outer space, the oceans, and our own infinitely deep minds.
We are sincerely thankful for you taking the time to find out more about our Kickstarter project. Whatever might happen from here forward, Telekinetic Walrus will surely continue putting out our own distinct brand of funky music. We'll see you at the show!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)