Neural Computing & Deep Learning
Are you interested in learning Artificial Intelligence and Neural Computing? Help kickstart a complete development kit including the x86 Atomic Pi paired with Intel's new Neural Compute Stick 2.
Intel has kindly offered to assist with NCS2 hardware and support. Bosch and KS helped deliver the x86 Atomic Pi at ARM prices. The A Pi is perfect for supporting the Movidius inference engine. With your pledge, we'll pair them together to deliver a complete AI platform, free of major bugs. Get everything you need to explore AI, Neural Computing, the Movidius VPU and Machine Vision. Learn tomorrow's technology today.
Some use cases demand custom I/O and low power consumption; others need storage and processing capabilities. With this kit, you get both on a flexible Linux system. The NCS2 processes video using energy efficient deep learning, freeing up the CPU for other tasks including your own custom apps. Integration into generic monitoring frameworks via gstreamer, MQTT and other protocols is easy.
Open the box, pop in the USB stick, load the machine vision demos and explore Neural Computing Technology on your workstation. Customize. Copy your models over to the APi and run them out of the box on a reliable, power-efficient Atom SBC with a ready-to-use camera attached.
- A brief but detailed quick-start / explanation guide to get you up and running.
- As launched on KS, the Atomic Pi SBC with 2+16GB.
- Small breakout board and 5V 5A power supply.
- Matching machine vision camera and cables.
- Neural Compute Stick 2 - Think of it as a hardware accelerator.
- Ubuntu and OpenVino™ come pre-loaded on the A Pi with patches where necessary.
- Batteries are included: Code samples come with select pre-downloaded and pre-optimized models to get you started in no time.
- All the hardware and software tweaks to make it a reliable SBC AI platform.
- We currently plan to ship with OpenVINO and gstreamer pre-built as well as a number of samples loaded on the A Pi flash.
- Once you have the kit you can choose to install the full Intel® Distribution of OpenVINO™ toolkit.
Parts you may need:
- A separate PC for experimenting with models.
- An enclosure for your embedded system.
- A USB hub, keyboard and mouse to set up and configure the A Pi.
- Add an antenna if you'd like long range WiFi.
There is a GUI, and instructions are step-by-step, but familiarity with Linux will help.
Use Case Demo - Reading license plates & identifying vehicles.
Backer Feedback From Earlier Campaigns
Doug Houseman: "Fastest ever fulfillment by a kickstarter!"
Gentzel: "Looks very nice. I opened one up and the build quality seems quite good."
Sahey: "this is best kickstarter ever. there is no kickstarter can do as you guy did. "
Vmem: "I got mine yesterday and tested it! Works flawlessly. Thanks for a super fast campaign!"
...and the Naysayers
"They can't deliver at that price..." Over 20,000 Atomic pi shipped so far...
"It'll never outrun Raspberry Pi..." Well, check the reviews!
Early birds - shipped by 10/22/19 Others by 10/31/19 Domestic US only.
Video short & images (c) Intel 2019, used with permission
Risks and challenges
Intel may kick our boss in the ass. Seriously, there's a lot of testing and tweaking ahead, but we're confident we can do it in 2-3 weeks.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Environmental commitmentsVisit our Environmental Resources Center to learn how Kickstarter encourages sustainable practices.
- (15 days)