We've created SlideWire to give you power where you need it. Our founders having spent years in construction, have had to manage electrical power, both on job sites and at their workshops. They'll be the first to tell you that managing power is ANNOYING. Once they understood that they could make their jobs much easier, they dove right into designing the first SlideWire, and are excited to make it available to you.
Just plug-it-in, slide and go!
Stay connected to a power source, anywhere in your home - with a single cord.
Replace multiple extension cords with just one
We had convenience and efficiency in mind when we designed the SlideWire.
Sliding is satisfying, fast and fun.
For your convenience, we built in a "lock wheel" for placement and enabling power.
Our latest design is sleek and saves you space.
Less cords equals less injuries. Ensure your family, band mates, photo assistants and event participants have access to power, and are kept safer with less cords to obstruct their ability to maneuver. Imagine how much time would be lost if someone were injured during one of your events? SlideWire is for the focused, organized and efficient customer.
Use it for charging your smart devices, band practice, workshop projects and so much more.
We're proud to say that SlideWire adapts itself to so many types of situations. We envision it being used a home, in workshops, at cafes and during band practice. The possibilities for mainstream use are endless.
- The Couch: Charge those smart devices...
- The Garage: Band practice rules! Power instruments, amps & electronics
- Camping/Outdoor Cooking: Power lights and light appliances
- Tiny Homes: Draw (and distribute) power elegantly
- Photo shoots: Perfect for lights and strobes
- Where less is more: For those that want to replace multiple cords with one
- Hackathons: Deliver power across long tables, to many participants
SlideWire simplifies power management and distribution with real-world solutions:
- Reduces the amount of extension / power cords needed
- Creates an efficient, safer environment at home and in your workshop
- Reduces setup and breakdown time for your projects
Our Patent Pending *Secret Sauce*
- We had to create a connection to the power wires inside the sealed, shielded cable and keep the cord in safe working condition. Also having no sign of the connection ever happening. This was the biggest challenge we overcame when creating SlideWire.
- The design of the cord and the materials used keeps your SlideWire cord sealed and safe! No matter how many times you move your Slider outlets the wires inside are safe and sound. So slide away!
- After accomplishing this we knew we had a very exciting opportunity on our hands.
SlideWire will have the well-respected UL Certification and CSA Approval.
- The amount of material between you and the copper wire inside is almost 4x thicker than standard power cords that are on the market today. Then we wrapped the cord giving even more protection and a sleek look.
- ·SlideWire is more than safe, we exceed all of the safety guidelines required by UL and CSA.
- With SlideWire having so much extra protection surrounding the copper wires, it has a significantly smaller chance causing damage or fire then a traditional extension cord.
- Adding a Circuit Breaker to all of your SlideWires is the easiest way to safely use your new cord worry free.
****We total understand that this new technology goes against everything we thought was possible. Below is a video I made in my living room that was shot with my Iphone and has 0 editing done. With all the TV magic that can be done on videos I thought that this rare uncut clip would put a lot of minds at ease.****
**If this video will not play for you use this link to go view from my youtube channel** https://youtu.be/ujkN2CR1tgs
We're so excited about our technology that we've already begun prototyping the SlideWire power strip in a carbon fiber format. If we are able to reach 1 million in funding, we'll go into full production of this sleek and stylish format, that would complement any contemporary household, or futuristic workshops.
SlideWire was spawned during a frustrating experience managing extension cords. Taylor Ware experienced wasted time and effort during a late work night, managing many extension cords of varying length to different locations. He pondered if there was a simpler way to access the electricity he needed, through one shared cord. After days of research and failed attempts to find and purchase this solution, SlideWire was born.
Your support is key
We plan on using your investment wisely. We have three major goals for our funding, first is to ensure we're working with the best manufacturer who can meet our standards. Secondarily, we aim to provide new tooling to this facility as needed so we can accomplish our first order, and lastly the funding will help us achieve our target delivery dates.
Taylor Ware has always had one hand in the future.
From winning "Invention Convention" projects as a child to becoming an entrepreneur at the age of eighteen, Taylor has always had an eye for innovation. Overcoming challenges in order to create, improve, and progress innovations has always been a passion of his.
He's always kept his eye on what's next and is driven to make the world a better place. Taylor dreams of helping countries in need with SlideWire, and changing the future for electrical access.
Outside of his business endeavors, Taylor is an amazing husband and father. He loves helping with his wife's entrepreneurial endeavors as well as spending time with his two sons.
Michael Selimo was born with an entrepreneurial spirit. From an early age his parents would often find him trying to sell anything and everything he owned, for a profit.
He was always looking for new ways to make money and was frequently found in the garage taking things apart only to uncover a new way to reassemble and improve upon it’s performance.
A precursor to his adulthood he applies that same attitude to business – works tirelessly and never rests until his business finds success. He has found his stride in building, running, optimizing and selling companies. He’s well known for his impeccable negotiating skills and his uncanny ability to identify the right investments. He brings a diverse portfolio of business experience and thrives on conquering challenges.
When Michael isn’t focused on his business, he enjoys time with his family and being an outdoors-man.
We dream of our technology reaching well beyond Kickstarter into disaster relief zones helping groups like Doctors without Borders or The Red Cross, powering their efforts. Additionally, helping the governments of countries (like Puerto Rico) during devastating power outages, would position our innovations on a grander scale - bringing light to those that need it most. Imagine a deserving society, tapping into one main power line, as needed for medical, cooking and lighting needs putting them back on the road to recovery.
Learn more about us at our website: slidewire.co
Risks and challenges
We've spent more than a year designing, modeling and testing our technology to help bring it to light. That being said, as with any new venture we'll have to ensure that when the product is produced, it meets our demanding level of quality. We'll be focusing on these areas to ensure we minimize risks and also tackle any challenges that arise.
Safety First Focus - Each SlideWire will have our standard built-in safety mechanisms to keep you safe
Stringent Quality Control - We'll ensure that from the factory, direct to your home - that you receive the product in full working order
Constant Communication - We'll be in constant communication with our production facilities, ensuring project dates and timelines are met
We'll be shooting for hitting our delivery times with as much energy as possible. We envision manufacturing to occur shortly after we have met our funding goals.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)