Revolution (definition): 1. A sudden, radical, or complete change. A fundamental change in the way of thinking about or visualizing something. 2. The motion of any figure about a center or axis.
"Lets make a reel that is revolutionary!" That was the sentence that started the design and development of our new reel. We had a vision to design a reel that had the best drag system in existence, a stunning look and feel, all while keeping the price point affordable. We knew if we could accomplish those three goals we would create a reel that was truly revolutionary! Almost two years later we held in our hands the new Taylor Reels Revolution. The vision had become a reality.
1. The Drag - The development of the revolution started with the drag. We wanted to create the worlds best drag system. We wanted it to be powerful, sealed, smooth, and reliable. Our new VERT3X drag system is all of those things and more! The VERT3X drag in our revolution is a sealed, multi-disk system that is unrivaled in power. We went through design after design in order to fine tune the perfect fish fighting machine! With a multi-disc drag, you are applying even braking pressure and heat dispersion over multiple surfaces, rather than a single surface. Our VERT3X multi-disk drag eliminates start up inertia and prevents slip problems. Our VERT3X drag has up to 25lbs of drag strength!
2. The Look - For many fly fisherman, how a reel looks is just as important as how it preforms. The physical design of the Revolution speaks for itself. The Revolution is lightweight, machined, anodized, and functional. We also included some fun and unique colors just to top it off!
3. The Price - A stunning fly reel normaly comes at a heart breaking price. For many owning a top of the line fly fishing reel is impossible. The Taylor Reels Revolution keeps in line with the company vision of "quality and affordable"!
4. The Ultra Large Arbor - While large arbor reels are common in the fly fishing world, the ultra large arbor is a newer innovation. Our arbor size improves line retrieval speed, decreases line memory, and still allows you to hold a significant amount of backing.
5. The Details - The difference between a good fly reel and a great fly reel is in the details. When designing the revolution we looked at every detail: how far the drag knob protrudes, the handle size and concave, the clicking mechanism, the spool diameter to width ratio, the quality of the bearings, etc... No detail was overlooked on the Revolution!
6. The Quality - The workmanship, materials, and quality of the Revolution are second to none. We use the highest quality materials and modern machining techniques on our new reel. The frame is machined from 6061T alloy aluminum. The frame is ridged, strong, yet lightweight. The drag disks are made of heat resistant Nulon.
We have four awesome colors available on the Revolution. Choose from Slate Grey, Electric Green, Burnt Orange, or Offshore Blue.
- Watertight Sealed Drag System
- Hard Anodized Exterior for Both Beauty and Protection
- Multiple Colors (Slate Grey, Electric Green, Burnt Orange, Deepsea Blue)
- Our VERT3X Six Disk Stacked Drag System; Drag Settings from Dead-Stop to fine sensitivity
- Smooth Drag that Eliminates Start-Up Friction
- Heat eliminating Nulon Disks within the drag system
- Ultra Large Arbor Design for Fast Retrieve and minimal line coil
- Machined from aerospace 6061 T6 Bar Stock Aluminum
- Reel clicks on both incoming and outgoing
- Convertible to both left and right hand retrieve
- Reels come in a tough cordura fabric case
Launching any new product is an extremely expensive endeavor. The cost of bulk materials, labor, and manufacturing can place a huge amount of strain on a small growing business. Pledging on Kickstarter will help us lower that strain! Kickstarter works like a pre-order. We allow you to place a pre-order on our new reel and in exchange we give you a sweet discount and the satisfaction of knowing that without your pledge this reel would never become a reality. Your pledge literally allows our reels become a reality!
More than being a fly reel company we see ourselves as fly fishermen who happen to make reels. As fly fishermen we want products that work flawlessly, last a lifetime, and look amazing! Every Taylor Reel is designed to do just that.
Taylor Reels is owned and operated by a group of friends and family members. As a team we are continuing to seek new innovative ways to make an impact in the fly fishing world. All our products are guided by a simple vision and that is to make reels that are high quality and affordable. We design our reels to be second to none!
When we are not in the office working and designing new products we can be found testing products. By testing products we mean fishing. Here at Taylor Reels we believe great products begin with passion for the water! Join our passion by grabbing a Taylor Reel and getting out there.
All Taylor Reels feature a limited lifetime warranty. We stand behind our reels so that you can be confident with your investment. We believe in our reels so much that we will even let you fish the reel for 30 days and if you're not satisfied you can return it for a full refund. For more warranty information please visit our website.
Visit our website www.taylorflyfishing.com for more information on our reels!
Video and Photography by Christopher Pettitt and Lutum Studio: http://www.lutumstudio.com
Boating Charter by Release Performance Offshore Gear http://www.releasegear.com (Michael is an amazing captain and makes some killer gear)
Shirts and Hats in the video provided by Reel Local. http://www.relogear.com (Quality fishing swag at killer prices)
Video featuring: Gabriel Flores, Christopher Pettitt, David Danforth, Michael Wilhite, and Matthew Taylor
Risks and challenges
When manufacturing a product sometimes you run into unforeseen challenges. Those challenges can sometimes cause production delays. We have taken many precautions to avoid having any delays. Our target date is June-JulyLearn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)