New Website & Laser Shark!
Hello! I hope you are all doing well out there. I thought it was high time I sent you an update.
First things first, some of us will be at Maker Faire this coming weekend. Be sure to visit our booth. Our Evil Genius group will be putting on two workshops on how to make an electronic squirter gun. Saturday at 1pm and again on Sunday.
Hey, thanks for all the fish! The lovely Genevieve Becker painted us a giant laser shark and as promised your names are being added to them (see pic below). I took an EL Wire class so the laser is soon going to be, well, lasery looking.
Our website now includes a Member login so you can see what your membership level is and when it expires. There's some other goodies in there too like social capital that you might be able to trade in for something cool. If you are super interested in the finer details of the new site, we are using Nationbuilder, a community organizing system that started out as a service for political campaigns but now supports nonprofit organizations like ours.
Now, here's the fun part. I need to know if your Kickstarter membership level is correct on our website!
1) Create an account on the LA Makerspace website http://www.lamakerspace.com/login
* Use the email address you login to Kickstarter with
2) Once you are logged in, navigate to the Membership page (http://www.lamakerspace.com/membership)
* Your should see the membership level that you received via Kickstarter on this page
3) Update your Profile (http://www.lamakerspace.com/forms/signups/2/edit)
* You can choose not to publish it on the website
4) Find Your Friends (http://www.lamakerspace.com/friends)
* If you connect Facebook and Twitter you can see which of your friends like LA Makerspace
5) Take a look at the Leaderboard (http://www.lamakerspace.com/leaderboard).
* These are some of the amazing people spreading the word about LA Makers-pace. Are you on the list? We haven't worked out the details but we're thinking of converting points into rewards.
Something not quite right? Let me know and I will fix it.
I just want to thank you all again for being so supportive and kind and generous. I hope to see you soon!
Chief Encouragement Officer <--- my fancy new title
p.s. We have a few spots left in our Citizen Science Summer Camp: http://www.lamakerspace.com/summer_camp_for_citizen_scientists
p.s. x2 We want a new logo (unless of course you like the one we have; tell us that too) http://www.lamakerspace.com/make_logo
Last p.s. Checkout all the fun stuff we've been doing: https://secure.flickr.com/groups/lamakerspace/