Brütal Age - join the horde! (Canceled)
Brütal Age - join the horde! (Canceled)
Brütal Age is an innovative MMO Strategy game (for iOS & Android) taking place in a ruthless barbarian world!
Brütal Age is an innovative MMO Strategy game (for iOS & Android) taking place in a ruthless barbarian world! Read more
We love free-to-play MMO Strategy games on mobile, we know how fun and captivating they can be. Yet we'd like a game both more visual and visceral. So we went back to the sources of conflicts in human history: territory, maps and ownership.
Our game, Brütal Age, is all about conquest: you fight your enemies, take their land and protect your own.
Our innovations make Brütal Age unique, and today on Kickstarter we invite you to join the design team!
If you haven’t played an MMO Strategy game before, now is your chance!
This is a very popular genre on mobile. You have a whole world to discover: exciting and fast-paced PvP, quest for power, friendship and rivalry… no wonder it is so addictive!
What is so special about MMO Strategy games?
Thousand of players interacting in real time on a huge game map: You attack or protect, rally or reinforce, help your alliance brothers or betray them... MMO Strategy games are big sandboxes where you build your own epic story with your friends and enemies.
At Tap4Fun, we have a deep passion for MMO strategy games. We've had our share of success in this genre with Spartan Wars, King’s Empire and more recently Invasion. Now we are moving one step further.
More fun and freedom: territories to capture, defend and extend, traps to build, treasures to find, a brand new social system...
No more repetitive tedious tasks! We got rid of the boring parts of MMO Strategy games. There are better ways to win your loyalty ;)
A furious barbarian universe, taking massacre and destruction to a whole new level, packed in a cartoon art style that brings fun and humor.
Above all, we have several innovations.
Core innovation: Territory
Each player builds and conquers several cities (we call them "OutPosts"). The territories surrounding your outposts belong to you and provide you with resources. You can also gather or hunt outside your territory, but it won't make your neighbors happy!...
With a clear color system, everyone can see on the map what belongs to them, friends or others.
Multiple OutPosts per player
In most MMO Strategy games, each player has only one city on the map, that could be attacked but never lost forever.
In Brütal Age, a player builds several OutPosts and covers a large area. But each of these OutPosts can also be destroyed and lost!
This is a bold innovation, well in tune with our barbarian setting. It also means that a player can be completely wiped away from the map. Don’t worry though, if that happens the game will help you get back on the map so you can seek the revenge you desire.
This ability for each player to have several outposts is unique, and comes with new strategic choices: how far to expand on the map? How to defend what's yours? Will you spread your troops in each outposts or focus in one strong place, leaving others defenseless? it's up to you to decide!
Intuitive zoom system
As land matters so much, we developed this google-maps inspired zoom system: it allows you to change smoothly from ground-level to very high altitude strategic view within the same display, without any interruption or loading. Believe it or not, no other MMO Strategy title has such a feature that is so natural to use.
Everything is on the map
Strategic map (where outposts are built) is where the magic happens in a MMO Strategy game. It's highly social, everything on the map is seen and shared by all players. This is why our game is focused on this map, with many unique features:
- discover hidden relics in your ground and activate their wild powers
- spread fire on the map to burn enemy territories
- build traps in your land to protect from enemy attacks
- attack "fog monsters" to reveal new virgin territories
- We also plan to let you terraform your land and/or plant some seeds in the ground to get more resources
From beastmasters to wild spirits, you have five different types of troops to train.
Heroes lead and boost troops. You will have many heroes to collect and each one has a different specialty with unique requirements: Black heroes are devoted to death. Sacrifice a captive and they will reward you by increasing your troops attack. Red heroes speed your marches, but ask for meat in return. Other heroes are shape shifters: they reveal their true power during the full moon. And we have much more!
Heroes are nice, but boost only the troops they are leading. For a global effect, use your Runes. They radiate their power on the map, covering the battlefield. Combine and swap your Runes at any time for versatility and unexpected twist in battle.
The game world is divided into 9 barbarian Hordes, competing for supremacy. Each horde has its own color, identity and buffs. For example, the golden horde respects the strength and chooses his leader amongst the most powerful while the black horde worships chaos and doesn't recognize any overlord.
As a player, you choose which horde you want to belong. Thanks to the color code, you clearly see on the map where you are, where are your fellows and where are your enemies.
Everyone matters in the horde:
- Experienced players earn motivating rewards for welcoming and helping newcomers.
- Newcomers are useful to veterans from day 1: they can skirmish and slow down enemy marches even if they don't have enough power yet to openly fight them
Tap4Fun isn't the usual indie dev. So, why are we on Kickstarter? We’re here to get your approval.
We love our game, we've put in it all our time, energy, money, heart and soul. Months and months of hard work, meetings and tries got us so far, but we're not doing this just to please ourselves. There comes a time where you have to check if others enjoy what you've done, if you should go on. Isn't a game is made for gamers?
This is why we're here:
- to start building a player community during the development process
- to listen to backer's feedbacks, so that the game will match your expectations when released
- to make sure that enough people care about this game so that we go on with it.
Here are some example of the decisions you can help us to take:
- What should we display in the map default view?
- Which buttons should we display or hide in our special battle interface?
- What are the next features we shall implement?
- What look do you favor for our heroes?
This Kickstarter campaign is an experiment for Tap4Fun. It's also a test for our game.
Supporting us means that:
- you want to play that game. It won't exist unless we gather enough backers showing that they care.
- you become a member of the game design team, shaping the game to your liking.
- you enjoy early access to the game and get special backer-only boosts to build your power.
Your vote matters! Your support matters!
We'll use the money for community management, and to implement in the game all the feedback received from our backers.
We are a 2-parts French-Chinese team, created to get the best of western and asian approaches.
- Tap4Fun Paris leads the art and game design.
- Tap4Fun Chengdu leads the technical and production.
The Paris-based studio are a bunch of game veterans. Previous titles from team members include Asphalt, Dungeon Hunter: Alliance, LINE Let’s Golf (published by Gameloft), Assassin’s Creed III, The Black Eyed Peas Experience (Ubisoft), Tekken Card Tournament (Namco Bandai).
The Chengdu team is also made of experienced developers. Their previous titles include The Amazing Spiderman, Let's Golf3 (Gameloft), King's Empire, Galaxy Legend, Galaxy Empire, Spartan Wars (Tap4Fun).
This project for us is also a great multi-cultural adventure. Two expert teams coming together from different cultures (and different time zones!) but united together to build the best possible game. Aren't players a global community anyway?
Hi expert strategy game players! You love Game of War, Clash of King, Spartan War or Invasion... We do, too!
Maybe we have fought on the same alliance. Maybe we have chatted ingame, or in some Line chatrooms.
Inspired by the experience of the community and our own, we are now building features made to please you:
- A PvP-specific UI for fast commands when each second matters.
- No more "dead cities": inactive players Outposts are quickly destroyed by players themselves. So, when you look for a target, you don't waste hours checking empty cities.
- No more fake rally. It's an exploit that doesn't have any sense, from a storytelling point of view. We will get rid of it, and instead, we will grant you a free, more consistent way to protect your troops.
- No more "dead kingdoms": it's well known that the population of the so called "old kingdoms" tend to decrease until the point it's no fun to play there. Then local players leave the game, or restart from zero in a new kingdom... That means, they loose all they have invested in their first account. To prevent these painful issues, Brütal Age gives high level players the ability to change server under some conditions.
The game exists as a working prototype, it is playable and runs on selected devices. Actually all our game footage presented here was captured in-game.
Some features are already in alpha and we have a working client-server architecture. Here is a non-exhaustive list of implemented features:
- Moving around the map with our Full Zoom System
- Building/Destroying OutPosts on the map
- Attack/Defend/Destroy OutPosts with your army
- Burn OutPosts and spread fire on the map
- Crush your enemies with the meteorite attack
- Curse your opponent OutPosts
- Attack monsters
- Find and use relics
- Invoke the great boar rain!
- Build and upgrade buildings in the Sky City
$1 is enough to show that you care and want to play Brutal Age!
Note: "Brütal Age" is a working title, final game may (or may not) have a different title.
Risks and challenges
Like any project, the risk that something goes wrong can't be totally avoided. Though, helped by our team and company past experience, we're doing our best to identify these risks and keep them as minimal as possible:
Risk: MMO Strategy games involve numerous and intricate parameters. Game balancing is always challenging.
Answer: With 5 strategy games already published, our company has a lot of experience to solve this issue.
Risk: Involving our players in the creative process means tons of new ideas. That's exciting, but we don't want to end in a "one more feature!" loop that never sees any release.
Answer: We have to acknowledge that we can't do everything, and choose with you the features that are the most desirable.
- (30 days)