About this project
THANK YOU! With your help, as of March 9th we have reached our goal! However, the budget for the project is well above $5,000. I can still very much use your support! Please consider pre-buying your copy of the new Tanya Gallagher album through this campaign. I've included some additional stretch goals below.
$6,000 - Album + video of new song recorded in Austin
$7,000 - Mini tour (details TBA)
$8,000 - T-shirts / Stickers / Vinyl (I have yet to figure out all the details , but if we hit $8k it will be something amazing).
I know I run the risk of jinxing myself in saying that I have very high hopes for this album, but it's the truth! Allow me to introduce myself: I’m Tanya Gallagher, a singer-songwriter from Pensacola, Florida who is currently living in Vancouver, BC. Over the last two years, I have written songs that I'm proud of and that I believe represent a cohesive body of work. They've taken a lot out of me (in the best way possible), and I can't wait to share them with you!
It helps that I have so much confidence in the producer, Daniel Mendez (Head Above Water Music), who has worked with artists such as Heart, Duran Duran, and Dashboard Confessional. Between him and the group of musicians (bassist, guitarist, drummer - that's right, it'll be a full band!!!) I am going to be working with, I couldn't tell you who is the most talented. They are the ones who will turn my bare bone songs into full-fledged works. They are the magic makers. I would tell you who they are, but you would probably get too excited and forget to give me money.
Where Does My Money Go, Tanya?
Through outside investors and personal funds (i.e. money I saved from playing concerts), I was able to put forth the down payment to start the pre-production process with Daniel. I spent the last week of December at his studio in Austin and played him some 60 songs in 5 days. We sifted through and picked out a solid set of tunes for this record. The studio in Austin is A-MAZ-ING. The week we spent together playing and singing reassured me that he is the person I want to record and produce these tunes. Now I need your help to make this project a reality. The $5,000 I am asking for is essential to get this record off the ground. Every dollar will go towards the recording process: paying the musicians, reserving the studio, renting gear, etc. And if by some miracle there's anything left over, that money will go towards the printing of physical copies of the album and promoting the album.
Thank you for your support and trust! I will do my best to come up with cool extras for YOU when you become a backer and look forward to sending a million packages of new music in the mail next year!
When Can I Expect To Hear the New Record?
You can expect this album in the spring of 2018 (or sooner). It is going to be full of some of the very best songs I've written to date. Daniel and I are ready to make this record a reality; but we now need your help to bring these tunes to life! Your confidence and investment in this project means the world to me. From the greatest depths of my heart: my sincerest thank you for believing in me!!
Feel free to leave a comment here or to email me at: email@example.com
1. Extreme thanks to the very talented Marius for appearing in my video. You are an amazing man and a beautiful friend - ox
2. MEGA-thanks to Rich (who you can spot in the video peeking out from behind a pillar at 1:49) for the breathtaking drone footage. Come visit again soon!
3. That super professional photo of me is credited to the lovely Angela Stearns. You, my dear, are a beauty.
4. A big thanks (danke, спаибо, 谢谢, grazie, धन्यवाद, děkuji, gracias) to Marius, Oleg, Kevin & Emily, Luciana, Tanvi, Lucie, and Sam for translating my video into German, Russian, Mandarin, Italian, Hindi/Hinglish, Czech, and Spanish (check out the CC subtitles). Y'all are the best!
5. Kickstarter is an all or nothing crowd-funding site, which means that if I do not reach my $5,000 goal that I do not receive any pledges for this project and no one is charged. If the project is successful then investors are not charged until the 25-day campaign comes to an end (March 26th).
7. You can listen to my previous albums below!
8. I really can't say thank you enough! Thank you so so much for your support!
Risks and challenges
Asking for help is not an easy thing to do. It's very humbling and can be uncomfortable at times. I was very fortunate to be able to fully self-fund my last 3 albums. Through the process of releasing those records I grasped a firm understanding of the risks and challenges and hard work associated with making an album. I am confident that with your help I can make a record that you will be proud of.
I am so incredibly thankful for the encouragement and support I have received from you along the way! I've played for so many new people and faithful followers over the years. My hope is that together, with those of you who've been with me along the way, we can reach the goal, and I can begin this next season knowing I have the all the tools to make this new record the very best it can possibly be!!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (25 days)