This modern and ground-breaking album is a dynamic and exhilarating journey that opens a door for classical music to larger audiences. Read more
This project was successfully funded on July 7, 2012.
About this project
RHYTHMIC MOVEMENT - A DYNAMIC AND GROUND-BREAKING PIANO ALBUM!
1) It features jazzy, blues and electonica influenced elements in the works of modern, innovative, experimental and ground breaking contemporary music composers such as DJ Mason Bates (White Lies for Lomax) and Nikolai Kapustin (Selected Jazz Etudes).
2) It includes original writing and improvisational elements by the performers.
3) It does not follow the traditional pattern of programming, but instead of that it follows the rhythmic drive of the music in order to develop into a big culmination towards the end. The variety of rhythms and diversity among the styles create a journey that is enjoyable for both younger and older audiences.
4) It features rare and undiscovered music by major Bulgarian composers Pancho Vladigerov and Alexander Vladigerov that is influenced by Bulgarian folklore. The rhythms (defined by Bela Bartok as "Bulgarian Rhythms") are asymmetrical and they give the music a dance character which stays present through the entire pieces.
5) Three Argentinian Dances (Danzas Argentinas) Op.2 by Alberto Ginastera add more to the percussive, rhythmic and dance-like character in the album, but this time from Bulgaria we move to Argentina with these three pictures drawn musically by the composer:
- In the first picture, Danza del viejo boyero (“Dance of the Old Herdsman”), besides treating the piano as a percussive instrument and adding beautiful melodies within the rhythms, Ginastera loves the idea of bringing a guitar type of sound in the piano music which gives the instrument even more room for orchestral imagination and color (the piece ends with a piano chord E-A-D-G-B-E the notes of the open guitar strings in standard tuning).
- Danza de la moza donosa (“Dance of the Beautiful Maiden”) is a gentle dance in 6/8 time. The picture reflects the immensity of the Argentinian pampas (grasslands).
- In the third dance, Danza del gaucho matrero (“Dance of the Arrogant Cowboy”), the composer adds directions such as furiosamente (“furiously”), violente (“violent”), and salvaggio (“wild”) which suggest with no doubt how the music should be performed!
6) The last piece is a cross-over between piano and drums. The drums underline the idea of rhythm and movement which is present through the entire time. The drums and the piano are a combination of two powerful instruments that bring two different worlds together into a full harmony. The drums also underline the rhythmic drive and lead the album towards its culmination. Name of drummer: TBA
7) The jazzy, vigorous, melodic and virtuosic character of the pieces give this album a modern look that carries the listener through an exhilarating journey.
WHY YOUR HELP IS IMPORTANT
The goal of $7,000 includes the minimum amount of money needed to cover for design, art, studio time, engineering, printing, shipping, guest artist, travel expenses + photo shoot. 100% of all the money raised is what is really going to make this project happen and a major dream of mine come true. The goal of $7000 does not cover promotion/advertising of the album (only the creation of the album) and if you think that you could help me reach more than the goal, that will be of tremendous support for the project and it will be beyond very highly appreciated! Please, feel free to spread the world and share the link with friends and networks. The more people hear about it, the more chances to reach the goal and beyond!
MY PERSONAL MESSAGE TO YOU:
"I am honored to have the opportunity to work with the legendary producer, mixer and engineer Ron Saint Germain - the producer of my debut album and one of the best people I've met on planet Earth! Having the right person to take care of the art of sound during the sessions is of a great importance to me as a musician and I truly hope that I can make this album happen with your help.
What is unique about the project is that I decided to focus on putting all of my favorite piano pieces together. It turned out that at the moment my main focus is on music that features a lot of rhythmic drive, dynamism and melodic expression. Looking back at the programs from my previous concerts I see that I added titles such as Modern Rhythms (Cornelia St. Cafe), Global Rhythms (Cape Cod, Great Music on Sundays@5), The Modern Piano Project (Roulette), Rhythmic Movement (Metropolitan Room), Rhythmic Movement Multimedia (Galapagos Art Space) and etc. When I decided to add the drums as a final culmination to this album, underlying the rhythmic drive, everything was clear to me - the idea of Rhythmic Movement is an idea that relates to me not only professionally but also personally. This rhythmic movement and rhythmic drive in the music represents my constant will for always being alive, for always being full of energy and for always wanting to be happy. Rhythmic Movement also relates to the way I always like to keep going and never give up, no matter how difficult things could be sometimes. All this music comes from the bottom of my heart and my soul, and the only way to have it out there, the only way to move forward with it, is with your help. That is why your support at this particular moment in my career will always mean a lot to me and it will always be very highly appreciated! I will never forget the people who help me climb the ladder toward success, and I will never forget the people who truly care for me and my music during the important steps in my career as a concert pianist." - New York, NY, May 30th, 2012
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.
Pledge $1 or more
My endless gratitude!Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5 or more
My endless gratitude, a special mention on my Facebook, Twitter and MySpace pages and a free download of my live performance of Prokofiev - "Suggestion Diabolique", Op.4, No.4 performed on October 1st, 2010 at Radio Plovdiv - Bulgarian National Radio.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $25 or more
All of the above + three exclusive mp3's featuring live performances of works by Debussy (Clair de Lune) and Satie (selected Gnossiennes).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $50 or more
All of the above + a physical copy of the debut album - Rhythmic Movement, a beautiful handwritten postcard and a high quality printed Carnegie Hall debut poster with an autograph mailed at your door.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $70 or more
A one hour theory/ear training lesson or piano lesson in New York, NY (theory/ear training lessons are open to all types of students, musicians, ages and levels).Estimated delivery:
Pledge $150 or more
All of the above items included together.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $300 or more
Two hours of cocktail/reception music (piano is required on site, travel not included)Estimated delivery:
Pledge $500 or more
All of the above items included together + a special listing in the CD release party event programs.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $1,000 or more
A special VIP pass for you and a guest to a private recital & reception at a major NYC venue (TBA), free Admission to all of my concerts in 2012, lunch or dinner with me, your name listed in the thank you section of the album book, your name listed in the program of the CD release party concert, an original and autographed copy of the album, access behind the scenes (attend selected rehearsals, studio sessions, VIP events and receptions following the concerts), free admission and reserved VIP seating at the CD release album party, all of the above mentioned downloads, mp3s and poster + the handwritten postcard.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $2,000 or more
An intimate concert at your home or venue of choice (travel not included), lunch or dinner in NYC with me and Ron Saint Germain (the producer of this album: http://duranduran.wikia.com/wiki/Ron_Saint_Germain), free Admission to all of my concerts in 2012 and 2013, your name listed in the thank you section of the album book, your name listed in the program of the CD release party concert, an original and autographed copy of the album, access behind the scenes (attend selected rehearsals, studio sessions, VIP events and receptions following the concerts), free admission and reserved VIP seating at the CD release album party, all of the above mentioned downloads, mp3s and poster + the handwritten postcard.Estimated delivery:
Pledge $5,000 or more
All of the above + your name added to the dedication (i.e dedicated to A.B + you) of my original piano composition "Rhythmic Movement" (also the title of the album) written in traditional Bulgarian 7/8 style.Estimated delivery:
- (30 days)