Lack of updates getting you down?
We’re not very good at this Kickstarter update blog thing, are we? I think we’re supposed to post drafts and half-coloured drawings and all sorts of work-in-progress things, but we totally haven’t. We’ve been silent for over a month!
But we have good news: the books are done.
It took a month longer than we expected, mainly because:
- “Starting Over” (the 34-page prologue) took a long time to draw
- “Mother’s Day” (the 12-page bonus chapter) was the same
- The watercolory visual design of Ask Roseville High was much more complex than anticipated
And also the fact we’ve been obsessive about the details. These books have taken three months of solid work, with all sorts of little scattered jobs throughout the year in preparation. We’re super duper proud of how they’ve turned out, but it has been exhausting.
But there’s still a lot of work left on non-book stuff: we gotta get the rewards ready for you guys!
So what’s next?
On our end:
- We need to get the completed book PDFs to our printers, who will approve it and start the production run.
- We need to get the prints printed. (We’re searching hard to find some nice paper for them, if we can manage.)
- We need to get the candy made.
- We need to frame the cover art for our top backer.
- Veronica needs to draw every sketch.
- Then we need to mail out all your stuff. Whether that be eBooks, figurines, packs of merchandise, sketches, or the physical books themselves.
On your end:
On WEDNESDAY, we will send out backer surveys where we’ll ask you for your current address, sketch request, and for you to leave any special notes.
Then, once we gather the survey results, we will send your items. It is, unfortunately, pretty likely that we’ll miss our November estimation for book delivery, but we’re going to do everything we can to ship the other rewards this month. We are going to push our printers to get this stuff done before Christmas, either way. We will keep you up to date once we get an ETA.
So for now, start thinking about those sketch requests and be prepared for a survey email that will arrive in the middle of the week. Your prompt response would be appreciated and will help us get rewards to you as soon as possible!