My original MQR was very popular, so lets take it up a notch! Smaller, Lighter, and TITANIUM! Read more
This project will be funded on .
About this project
Welcome to my 11th Kickstarter Project!
I want to start by saying... Thank You ALL for the support!
I don't expect this project to get anywhere near as big as my previous projects, however if we hit 100k in funding... everyone gets a FREE Ti-MQR! Which means lots of sharing on social media :)
*I am not a photographer, pictures taken with cell phone then uploaded to Instagram - https://instagram.com/tacticalkeychains/
I strive to make the best USABLE EDC Keychains on the planet.
What are the uses of Ti-MQR?
- Hang just about anything on metal (keys, tools, etc)
- Use it to have your #TUKK ready at any moment ;)
- Use it as just a standard magnet to hang stuff on the fridge :)
- Use it with Para-cord (like the original Para-TiMaG)
- Use it to hold posters up on drywall screws, no more holes!
- Magnetic quick release (yep, like the name says)
- Use it for your hidden front door or shed key
- Hang an extra key for your car, under your car! (yes, this is a neat trick)
- Grab the sewing needle out of the sewing machine (yep, wife is helping)
- It's basically limitless
You don't have to use the Ti-MQR for what it is, you can use them individually. Remember TiMaG? Well these are basically the "Para-cord version" of those, only smaller and more pocket friendly.
Neodymium Magnet Strength ~4lb pull each*
While this is 1.5lb pull less than my currently available "TK-MQR", the Ti-MQR is stronger, lighter and shorter. (wish I could say faster, lol)
*Magnet Manufacturer specs
Left to right: Stonewash, Bronze, Purple, Blue, Sea
What is difference between your TK-MQR and the NEW Ti-MQR?
As you can see above, the main change is Size. The set of Ti-MQR is a 1/4" shorter over all then the TK-MQR. It may not seem like much, but it is noticeable. The Ti-MQR magnets are also a little weaker, however I haven't noticed it.
Can I pledge for more than one Reward?
I have introduced "packs" into the rewards, for this project please don't add on to your pledge like past projects. (Unless you are in the "quick draw reward") The complexity on my end is already high, even tho it may not seem like it. We will have different color options which is hard to keep track of if adding on to your pledge. I'm sorry if there isn't a Pack that suits your needs on this project.
Aren't your prices kind of high?
Well, remember you are getting 2 (1 set). Lets look back to TiMaG, a 4 pack of para-cord mags were $56. Which translates to 2 sets of Ti-MQR for $36. So why is it $20 cheaper? It's cheaper because I know what I'm doing now, haha - no really. I have learned how to be more efficient. I now have better equipment, etc. So... I pass the savings on to you for supporting my project :) How often does that happen?
What are the key rings you are using in the pictures?
They are the FREEkey accessory rings. I originally included them with TK-MQR, however many people didn't care for them and used their own rings. Currently no rings are included, but that may change as the project goes on. (shh... like Titanium key rings ;) )
Production of Ti-MQR
Wife wanted to help model the Purple Ti-MQR :)
Thanks for the support!
Brad & Family
p.s. Credits for the "Functionally simple, reliably advanced" goes to @kevinkillsit on Instagram!
Risks and challenges
I normally write a long list of risks and challenges here. This time is different :) I made 600 sets of MQR for my previous backers as an addon to the TUKK project. I also made similar items during my TiMaG project, so I guess I already know what to expect. After all I made the prototypes :) No risks, no challenges - Knock on wood!
Important Safety Warning and Disclaimer:
Read Before You Pledge and Use the Magnets
- Disclaimer: Tactical Keychains LLC (Owner of tacticalkeychains.com) neither assumes nor accepts any liability for damages resulting from the handling or use of these magnets. With your pledge, the backer confirms that you have read and understood the following warnings. The backer agrees that he or she is responsible for all damages and injuries caused by the magnets; which includes, property damages or personal injuries. The backer must also check local laws before pledging. The backer must agree with the terms before they pledge to purchase the magnets. Pull forces that Tactical Keychains LLC provides is an estimate only and Tactical Keychains LLC is not responsible for any inaccuracy of magnet pull force.
- Neodymium magnets are very strong. Handling them with care is necessary to prevent personal injuries or property damages. Be Responsible and use in a safe manor.
- KEEP AWAY FROM CHILDREN, OR ANYONE WITH A MENTAL DISORDER!
- Neodymium magnets are brittle; they can be broken with impact. Wear gloves and protective glasses when handling these magnets, because pieces could disengage and fly at your eyes or other body parts and stab you.
- Learn more about Magnet Safety here - http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm5548a3.htm
- The strong magnetic fields of these Neodymium magnets can damage pace-makers or other bodily implants, keep a minimum of 4 feet distance from such devices.
- Any time "magnet(s) is used in this project, it is assumed as "Ti-MQR or TK-MQR"
- Children should not be allowed to handle magnets as they can be very dangerous. Especially small magnets as they pose a choking hazard and should never be swallowed or inserted into the body.
This is a Living document and can be changed at any time, please see my website for an updated document.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Have a question? If the info above doesn't help, you can ask the project creator directly.