It’s been over two weeks since the end of the funding period for the Siren's Call Kickstarter, and in that time we’ve been hard at work getting the ball rolling towards the game’s final release. Since the close of the Kickstarter, we’ve been commissioning art, working on layout, writing the unlocked scenarios and putting together the other additional content unlocked by the stretch goals.
As a reminder, Kickstarter updates will be monthly, but we post weekly progress reports to our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ accounts. Follow us there to get the latest information or to see art previews as the game progresses.
Yesterday we sent out the Kickstarter survey to all backers. This survey is important because is collects information necessary for sending out the rewards. If you have not yet received this survey, please contact us and we will make sure it gets to you.
Tomorrow we plan to send out the first wave of PDF rewards to backers who have returned their survey. For backers who miss this deadline, we'll send out the next wave on Thursday, and then afterwards as needed.
Here is a summary of the progress we've accomplished in the first two weeks:
- The Siren's Call draft text has been edited, the edits have been reviewed and backer feedback has been integrated throughout most of the text.
- Several artists have been commissioned, and we've already received the first three new pieces of artwork.
- The Introduction, ARC Project and Colonist chapters have been put into their initial layout. They are currently waiting on art and proofing.
- The additional scenario unlocked as a stretch goal has been written and is currently waiting on editing. The unlocked prelude adventure has been outlined.
- The product updates to our GM Screen Inserts and Consequence Cards are complete. Social media followers have already seen a photo. The update to the Roll20 character sheet is live. The update to the Quick-Start is currently waiting on one new piece of art.
- Backer surveys have been sent out.
Know someone who missed the Kickstarter?
They can still preorder the game! Just head on over to our Siren's Call web page and fill out the PayPal form.
Siren's Call Preview
Finally, here are a few new pieces of artwork. Art previews will be featured regularly in our social media posts as the game progresses.