Syren Industrial Design & MFG. Co. is a full-service product and branding house that specializes in technical softgoods for the outdoor, tactical, deep water, and Fire/Rescue markets.
We have built several award winning programs for top brands around the world and are now seeking to bring some of the advanced materials and processes we have developed to a new motorcycle brand focused on building gear for the privateer.
PREMIUM MATERIALS + CLASSIC ARCHITECTURE
Many brands build their products based on price point. Because of the enormous costs involved in bringing a product to retail floors, the product is usually marked up 5 times what it costs to build it. In order to hit these retail price points, companies choose to skimp on materials, trims and processes to hit margin targets. We need your help to build the infrastructure to communicate and work directly with the customer so we can bring a higher quality product, using premium materials, direct to the market.
PRIVATEERS RIDE 365
We are constantly seeking to better ourselves, our bikes and our gear. We end up adapting or modifying our equipment because the current product, from larger brands, is designed for profit not the podium.
Take Carry-Gear > Many brands will just slap their logo on a generic daypack or messenger bag. They treat the category as a promotional item instead of an integral part of a rider's kit.
We saw an opportunity to bring a focused approach, premium materials and advanced processes to create a line of carry gear that meets the rigorous standards of the privateer, yet is comfortable and styled for everyday riding on modern and traditional bikes.
- PATENT PENDING MAGNETIC ROLL TOP CLOSURE
- SEAM SEALED, WATER TIGHT MAIN COMPARTMENT WITH
- ADJUSTABLE SHOULDER STRAPS TO FIT ALL TYPES OF ARMOR
- AIRFRAME ALUMINUM HOOK FASTENERS
- MILITARY SPEC, BLACK WATER-PROOF 1000D CORDURA AND 1680D BALLISTICS NYLON
- BOMBPROOF YKK ZIPPERS
- MAGNETIC COUPLING HARDWARE FOR QUICK ACCESS POCKETS
- TIE DOWN LOOPS TO TIE PACK TO BIKE.
- FITS INSIDE PELICAN CASES AND MOST PANNIER SYSTEMS
- TOOL / MEDICAL POUCH POCKET ON LUMBAR SO YOU ARE ALWAYS READY FOR ANY EMERGENCY.
Velomacchi's packs are water tight, stable at speed, have no trailing flaps, and the shoulder straps are designed to adjust to fit any rider wearing any kind of gear.
We developed an independent internal protective system for the rider's contents so that their electronics and valuables will be safe from vibration and weather. This also helps organize their computers, tablets and accessories - whether in the paddock or in the pub.
HUSQVARNA 510 FLAT TRACKER
As part of our design process, we have built and campaigned a race bike that helps define the collection. This gave us an intimate understanding of the problems and challenges the privateer racer may face using our products.
We worked with local fabricators to design and build a competitive flat track race bike to better understand how our gear works in a race setting. We started with an old Husqvarna desert racer and modified its suspension, frame and drive train to perform on our circuits in the Northwest.
Once the bike was assembled, it was time to test it and the prototypes of bags and gloves at the famous Castle Rock TT course in Castle Rock, Washington. This track has been managed by our friends at the Mount St. Helen's motorcycle club for over 75 years and has been the home of the AMA national flat track championships.
You can read more about it in our review on Bike Exif:
IN THE MEDIA
By launching the Velomacchi brand, we want to build smart, simple products that are able to withstand the rigors of racing, but are comfortable and styled for every day riding. We ultimately chose to begin this collection with products that meet everyone's needs whether riding, racing or wrenching on bikes.
PREMIUM MATERIALS, NO BULLSHIT
KICKSTARTER-REWARDS AND DETAILS
Q: What do we need the funding for?
A: We are a small firm that specializes in the design and development of highly technical product. To launch a brand is an enormous and expensive investment. We need your help to develop the following programs:
1. Minimum Order Quantity: We are working with the top manufacturers in these categories and quality is not cheap. We have to hit 1000 piece MOQ's for fabrics and the specialized trims we are integrating into this bag line.
2. Web and Direct to Consumer Infrastructure: We believe in sharing. Smart phones and tablets are a portal into building a daily relationship with people. A modern company needs to be more than just a shopping cart. We want to build an infrastructure that can open up the design process and allow us share ideas and experiences of designing and building competitive race bikes and gear for the privateer.
3. Future Projects: We have several exciting projects on the horizon we will be bringing to you once we fund. Sneak Peek: 1. "Worlds fastest messenger bag" we are working with privateer teams to design and build a motorcycle that will set a land speed record at Bonneville next year. We will be building a collection of High Frequency Welded bags and accessories and documenting the builds of both the bags and the bike to share with the community. 2. Superbike Collection of Apparel, footwear, gloves and a heavily modified Suzuki GS1000e to campaign on the national circuit. 3. Flat Tracker gloves, footwear and apparel....
Working closely with our production partners, we have developed Velomacchi's Backpack and product lines over the last twelve months. Our production partners are trusted assets to Velomacchi's brand and product.
Risks and challenges
The products you see here are final round prototypes for Velomacchi's brand launch. We are now in the process of wear-testing the packs.
We expect to find some opportunities for improvement, and when we do, we will address them immediately with updated and improved design solutions. We plan to share our design revisions based on testing via backer exclusive updates.
Designing and building new products always involves risk. But with our extensive experience in dealing directly with manufacturers, an established fulfillment chain, and most importantly, open communication and updates with our backers, we feel confident that we can deliver an amazing product on time.
Moving successfully from the prototype phase to volume production is all in the details. During volume production we will be on the ground, at factory level, keeping a close eye on QA. The Velomacchi team, which includes members of our production partner team, is committed to ensuring that every Velomacchi product fully lives up to our functional specifications and high expectations for design, craftsmanship, and production-build quality.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (31 days)