About this project
Evilot is a Puzzle / Defense game, where you play as Count Dolfus, a retired evil overlord, that just wants to spend his last days in peace. The problem is that the small retirement fund you've managed to amass, over decades of evildoing, is too tempting a prize for the heroes and adventurers running through the Kingdom of Evilot, so you'll have prepare your defenses to withstand their fierce attack.
- 50 Levels, Spread across 5 Territories, spanning over 8 hours of gameplay.
- 15 Playable units, 5 Summons
- Soundtrack composed of 11 songs specially composed for the game
- Evilot will be released for PC, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and yes, OUYA! We were backers and pledged on OUYA since day one, to get our hands on one of the consoles and the corresponding SDK's by December and thus to be able to release Evilot the very first day you get your hands on yours.
Unique and Engaging Gameplay.
On Evilot we developed a "combo mechanic". For example, if you place 3 units on a row or column, those units get removed from the board and you get a higher level unit.
So you have to choose between a wider defensive spread or a tough unit on one row. You'll have to constantly evaluate your position, instead of the "place and forget" approach found on many other known titles.
This is also tied in with unit acquisition, bigger combos mean that you'll get to place more units onto the board, as it is not based on collecting a resource and "buying" your units.
When the team was assembled to develop an indie title, each one of us knew it would mean making hard choices without the financial aid of a publisher, so we designed a game focusing on our top priority; Delivering engaging gameplay at the highest possible level of production values.
We've been doing that for almost a year, yet we want to make the game even better, and that's why all the support we'll receive goes right back into the game, to make it the best it can be. Your backing will let us extend the scope of the game so everyone will get more gameplay, more content and even higher production values.
Another important goal of this Kickstarter campaign is to raise enough funds to record it's soundtrack with a live orchestra. Since we want to make the best possible game we can deliver, every extra dollar above our goal will go towards:
- More levels: for every 2,000 dollars above our goal, we'll be able to add a level to the game. (We would be able to hire junior designers to fine tune each of those levels in order to make sure they are challenging yet fun!)
- Minigames: for every 10,000 dollars above our goal we'll add a minigame mode (We would very much like to hear what you would like to have in the game).
- Antiheroes: if we raise 40,000 dollars above our goal our team will be able to add a whole new game mode (Or a spinoff game free for all backers), in this game mode you'll be able to choose between different Antiheros besides Count Dolfus, to command your minions.
Support this project
- (30 days)