A prototype is a preliminary model of something. Projects that offer physical products need to show backers documentation of a working prototype. This gallery features photos, videos, and other visual documentation that will give backers a sense of what’s been accomplished so far and what’s left to do. Though the development process can vary for each project, these are the stages we typically see:
Proof of Concept
Explorations that test ideas and functionality.
Demonstrates the functionality of the final product, but looks different.
Looks like the final product, but is not functional.
Appearance and function match the final product, but is made with different manufacturing methods.
Appearance, function, and manufacturing methods match the final product.
Less is More
• Convenience at your fingertip: Control all switches wirelessly from anywhere, anytime.
• Install in seconds: Simply tape Switch Bot near your switch with a single strip of 3M VHB tape (supplied). It fits your switch without removing or swapping anything. No tools required.
• Fits all switches: Switch Bot works with just about any rocker switch all over the world thanks to our innovative mechanisms.
• Work with others: Switch Bot can be controlled by other smart devices like Amazon Echo, SmartThings, WeMo sensors and hundreds more. And APIs will be released.
• Affordable: Add IoT (Internet of Things) to any device for $19.
• Long battery life: Powered by a replaceable lithium battery with about 600 days of use.
Meet Switch Bot
Switch Bot is a smart IoT robot to mechanically control all your switches and buttons.
We are constantly running from place to place, working to accomplish everything on our never-ending “to-do” list. If you’re a person who is always on the go, convenience can be the biggest lifesaver and an added luxury or reprieve from daily stress.
Switch Bot is a small, automated device (controlled via app on your Android or iPhone) that turns devices in your home and office on and off. Switch Bot will save you time. You’ll never have to worry about running home to turn the washing machine or dryer off, open the door for your children after school, or make your coffee in the morning. What’s better than having one less thing to do, being able to hit that snooze button on your alarm to get a few extra winks of sleep?
They Love Us
How it works
1. Download the free app (from Apple App Store or Google Play).
2. Attach Switch Bot to any appliance or light switch using 3M mounting tape. (Switch Bot can be removed without damaging the surface of any wall, counter or appliance) **Each Switch Bot includes two pieces of 3M tape with purchase.
3. Configure your Bluetooth and WiFi.
4. Set preferences and times for your home and appliances.
5. Enjoy hands-free control in your home.
Fits all switches/buttons
Extended battery life
Powered by a replaceable lithium battery with up to 2 years of use.
The old-fashioned way still works
Switch Bot resides at the side of a switch so you can still turn your switch manually as before.
You can set the timers (up to 5 currently and can be extended) inside a Switch Bot as easy as adding an alarm in your smartphone.
You can set a password for your Switch Bot just like setting for your WiFi routers.
APIs will be released to let DIYers integrate Switch Bot to your own home automation system. Swich Bot and Link are friendly to Ardunio, Raspberry Pi and OpenWRT.
Switch Link & Wireless Connection
Control the devices and appliance switches in your home wirelessly from anywhere, anytime through the app on your smartphone or smartwatch. Switch Link is the Bluetooth access point which connects Switch Bots to the Internet via WiFi. Switch Link will connect your devices to the app without draining batteries.
If you cannot connect to WiFi, Switch Bot can be controlled via Bluetooth. The Bluetooth Mesh Network connects each bot to one another, allowing you to control bots out of Bluetooth range.
If This Then That (IFTTT) Recipes
IFTTT allows users to create recipes which, in turn, create preferences for your home’s Switch Bots. For example: “If I walk into the hallway, then turn on the lights.” or “If my alarm clock rings, then brew coffee.” These recipes can be created in the Switch Bot app. Once made, Switch Bots will complete the task without any prompting.
Switch Bot is convenient, eco-friendly, family-friendly and provides added safety to your home.
- Turn lights on and off from the comfort of your bed
- Make sure lights are off when you are not home to save electricity.
- Set your Switch Bot to turn lights on when you are on vacation or to enter a lit house for those nights when you work late.
- Disabled, elderly people and children can control appliances and switches on and off with ease. The easy plug and play installation enables unparalleled remote control of every household appliance.
The Switch Bot Journey
Wonder Tech Lab, the team behind Switch Bot, understands how challenging it can be to control all the devices and appliances in your house. Smart homes and all kinds of IoT devices have been realized, but they are expensive and troublesome! To overcome these challenges, Wonder Tech Lab decided to create Switch Bot, a mini robot, controlled via app (Android and iPhone), that gives you the power to turn small appliances and lights on and off in your home. Switch Bot can be easily mounted to any switch in your home to trigger it on/off using our Bluetooth Mesh Network or WiFi via Switch Link . Switch Bot is eco-friendly, secure, and offers convenience and control over your life from the palm of your hand.
Wonder tech lab is dedicated to design and create the most innovative smart home robots. We pride ourselves in making your life simpler the most affordable way. It's our utmost pleasure to share with you our latest Switch Bot on Kickstarter. Yes, you are just a button away from smart living with the world's smallest remote robot.
Follow & Share Our Story
Selected demo videos
1. Install in seconds.
The comparison between installing Switch Bot and replacing with a new remote control switch.
2. Control a wall switch on and off by just one Switch Bot.
A transparent line connecting the robot arm and the white sticker on the switch allows one Switch Bot push and pull the switch itself. This optional accessory (sticker and line) is very easy to install and will be shipped with your Switch Bots for free!
We already have components manufacturers and fulfillment partners set in Shenzhen China. As much as we'd like to guarantee a smooth production run without hiccups. But there is always the risk that unforeseen obstacles may get in the way. If an issue does arise that will slow down production or shipment of your pledge, we will do the best to let you know.
We appreciate you being an early supporter and will work hard to maintain your trust through communication and transparency.
Get ONE (1) Switch Bot with local connection capability via Bluetooth (no Internet connection). This special limited quantity reward is for backers dedicated to spreading the word about Switch Bot.
Choose from 3 different colors (white, green, pink).
Regular retail price will be $30.