What is the SwipeStar App about?
SwipeStar is a social video-based platform created for content/product creators to get discovered, build their brand and gain additional exposure on their social/product platforms (Facebook, Spotify, Instagram, Amazon etc). Not a content creator? Browse the various categories or search any keyword to find specific, video content you may be interested in watching!
How SwipeStar Works?
- Users connect their media platforms to their SwipeStar account
- Content creators upload videos in various categories (Music, Products, Podcast etc).
- When a viewer takes interest in a video, they have the option to view additional content on any of the listed platforms with the touch of an app icon. Yes, it's that easy! Clicking the Instagram icon will open the Instagram app on your phone displaying the users profile. Same goes for every other platform
SwipeStar contains all the social features & tools found on other popular social media platforms. SwipeStar uses "Swipes" instead of "Likes"! You can Swipe across a video or tap the star icon to favor a video.
Ways to Build exposure:
1. Innovative "Patent-Pending" top 10 video trending algorithm
Each video category has a top 10 video trending list that features popular videos but also allows new coming creators to have a chance to be showcased.
- Video #10 has a specific view limit on how many views a video can have in order to qualify for the #10 video slot (ex: video #10 must be under 100 views).
- Videos 9-7 has a higher view limit (ex: must be under 400 views)
- Videos #6-1 "DO NOT" have view limit to qualify for those slots.
This algorithm entices new coming creators to start their content creations and compete for trending slots. All other non-trending videos are posted in the video categories which they were uploaded to in chronological order.
2. SwipeStar Video Picks
The creators of SwipeStar personally handpick a selection of videos daily to be featured and auto-playing on the SwipeStar homepage. This allows for the users' social & product platforms to be noticed and accessible immediately whenever a user logs into the SwipeStar App.
3. Social Influencer Pick
In addition to SwipeStar picks, users have the chance to showcase their videos to numerous Social Influencers as they make SwipeStar appearances. Featured influencers will be assigned to make the Social Influencer Video Pick in which one content creator will be featured on the very top of the homepage.
What will we use the funding for?
All received funding will solely be used to pay for our development fees. Some of these additions are:
- Adding a Virtual tour to explain how the app works
- Push notifications
- Redesign plans for certain parts of the app
- UX updates
- Confirmations screens... and more!
Any additional funding will be used to add additional features we were willing to leave out for the time being.
Ideally, we need about $8,000 (Reach Goal) to provide the most optimized and game-changing version of SwipeStar!
...but $4,000 (Current Pledge Goal) will fund the rest of our core development plans. We outsource development to one of our family friends, Sebastian Ramirez (Current CTO), and his development partner, Omar Marroquín ,who both live in Armenia, Colombia. While they both fully support the idea, they cannot afford to work on the app for free as they both have families to support.
About The The Founders
Jorge Matos (31), and I, Edwin Torres (28), are from New York city and both were raised in low income families. Jorge has a Catering background while mine is in desktop support. After a year into pursuing SwipeStar, we both agreed to go back to college currently to pursue Bachelor Degrees in Business and Computer Science. We invest every second of our free time into designing mockup screens, projecting additional app features, creating marketing plans, advertising on social media, all legal needs, and anything else we need to make this dream a reality.
Below is a 10 minute podcast discussing how Jorge and I got the idea for SwipeStar!
*SwipeStar is currently available for download on the iOS App store and Google Play store or Click Here For The Exclusive Link To The SwipeStar Web Based Version.
Risks and challenges
Our current challenge is funding the app development. My partner Jorge and I together have invested a total of 25k in the last 3 years from our low income salaries and would be grateful to accelerate our current timelines as we are getting close to app completion. We outsource our development to close acquaintances in Columbia who cannot afford to work for free.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (45 days)