we want to let you know what is our focus right now, what changes and improvements we have published since the last update and what is new on our website.
Road To Swimmo
As we are very close to having all white Swimmos shipped to Kickstarter backers, we thought we'll prepare a little infographic showing our and your road to Swimmo. It's been and still is the most exciting journey we've ever been on and we are happy it's far from over. Take a look at the Road To Swimmo.
Our Current Software Focus
In the latest version of watch firmware 1.3.0 released publicly we've added:
- Secured double taps for even better noise protection to prevent pausing by motion during swim, (if you experience some issues with not responding Rotate&Tap sensor, please wait for 2-3s without motion and then tap).
- Motion filter detection from v1.2.4 to v1.3 improved to not cause problems for some minority of users with freezing "unresponsive" sensor.
- More stable turning off of the POX light after the workout.
- Lap counting algorithms improvements.
- Watch ON all the time during the whole workout. Turned off screen saving. (This is experimental, may change, depending on feedback on battery life.)
- Off screen less sensitive to taps and motion.
- From now on Swimmo doesn't end training automatically when not active for long period of time.
- Rest time is no longer added in lap data times during data transfer.
- Improved connectivity parameters negotiated by the watch. This gives the benefits of 100% safe firmware update process, reconnections should no longer happen, faster connectivity on Android devices, more stable data transfer.
- Incorporated additional testing methods during production. Additionally, in coming days we'll add German, Spanish, Polish, Italian and Chinese versions of the watch software.
For best experience, please remember to update your watch regularly when alerts show up or simply by using Swimmo mobile app -> Settings -> Troubleshooting -> UPDATE NOW button.
After that we have lined up for future upcoming version of software:
- Interval set features introduced, set stats are available on the watch, these details will be transferred to the app in next releases
- Rest stats and rest timer features introduced, rest stats are available on the watch, these details will be transferred to the app in next releases
- Algorithms extended to collect more swimming metrics (rest time, SWOLF, stroke count...), will be transferred to the app in next releases
- Algorithms improvements in lap counting of reported edge cases and introduction of new algorithms signals to help in cases of miscounting
- Algorithms improvements in HR readings of some reported cases
You can always follow progress of product changes and improvements here.
New on our Website
We are constantly adding new content to our website to better explain benefits of owning Swimmo but also to let everybody share an opinion on our Training Watch for Swimmers. That's why we have launched our Voices site where we publish some of the user's opinions and experiences with the device. You can see the site here and when you share a photo of Swimmo don't forget to mention Swimmo in the post!
We'd also want to remind you that you can find many answers to your questions about Swimmo on our FAQ page as well as Video Guides. That's the fastest way for you to get support on some specific subjects and find out about how Swimmo works.
Near future at Swimmo
Since we have solid hardware base with constant improvement of our software we will intensify our efforts to increase swimmer's awareness of our training watch via many complimentary activities such as online campaigns, articles, professional reviews, swimming competition partnerships and others as we believe there's a real need for a device like Swimmo among swimmers of all kinds.
If you want to be a part of these activities all you need to do is to post a simple post about Swimmo on Twitter or Facebook with a photo mentioning Swimmo or using hashtag #swimmo or #TheWaterIsYours. Join the fun!
We want to thank you here for all the positive comments and constructive feedback you've been sending - we feel motivated to work even harder on future improvements and features. We also are thrilled about how often and how far you've already swum using Swimmo - this is the best indication for us that what we do is useful and helps you with your everyday workout!
We constantly keep improving, innovating and listening to your feedback to change swimming as we know it.
The Swimmo Team