I’m Cameron Sheldrake and I founded Off the Cob Sweet Corn Tortilla Chips because I wanted to create a delicious snack that supports organic corn farming in the US.
I always knew the importance of supporting local farms and eating healthy. As a kid I grew up running around the Ithaca Farmers market, and helping my family pick sweet corn and other vegetables at 3 generation old Early Bird Farm
I graduated from Babson college in 2012 with a business degree and an obsession with Entrepreneurship. During my time at Babson I began making the first tortilla chips with real sweet corn on the cob. After featuring my chips at the Rocket Pitch in 2011 and winning the Undergraduate BETA challenge in 2012, I knew I had something that people were craving, I just had to get it to market. I have worked hard all summer, participating in the Masschallenge, and lining up everything with manufacturing and distribution. After investing all of my money and time into this project, I can proudly say I am ready to launch Off the Cob Sweet Corn Tortilla Chips. Our first order will be ready the 3rd week of October, and will be sent to 28 Whole Foods in the New England area, thanks to YouthTrade- an organization on a mission to introduce conscious entrepreneurs to conscious companies like Whole Foods.
Why Off the Cob?
- The first tortilla chip made with real sweet corn on the cob
- Unique savory sweet flavor unlike any chip you have ever tasted
- No artificial flavors, colors or preservatives
- 6 simple ingredients: sweet corn, certified organic GMO free yellow corn, certified organic GMO free white corn, expeller pressed sunflower oil, cane sugar and sea salt
- Each 4 oz bag has 80 grams of whole grain
- Gluten free, cholesterol free and trans fat free. Kosher certified.
- Off the cob is a mission driven company which is owned by an entrepreneur under the age of 35, certified by YouthTrade,
Regardless of the success of this project, Off the Cob Lightly Salted Chips will be at Whole Foods in New England by November. The chips will also be available at the 570 Market in Boston and the Ithaca Beer Company in Ithaca NY, as well as Samascott's Market in Kinderhook, NY. Our vision is to spread our chips nationally in the next 3-5 years. Here is an up to date list of stores we have made plans with. If you think your favorite store should be on this list, tell us!
What will the funds be used for?
- $3,000 will print bags for the original Lightly Salted flavor.
- $2,000 will pay for 1568 bags of 4 oz Lightly Salted Off the Cob Chips.
- $3000 will print bags for both Jalapeno and Salt & Pepper flavors.
- $3,500 will pay for the first 4 pallets (3072 bags) of 4 oz Jalapeno chips.
- $3,500 will pay for the first 4 pallets of 4 oz Salt and pepper chips.
Salt & pepper is the original sweet corn chip coated in fine black pepper. Jalapeno has flakes of Jalapenos right in the chip with the sweet corn- a delicious sweet and spicy combination. These new flavors have been tested and packaging has been designed. We just need your help to make the first big batch!
- (30 days)