VENOM Assault (Canceled)
VENOM Assault (Canceled)
Play as Freedom Squadron as you battle to defeat VENOM, in a co-op, deck-building game with dice based combat for 1-5 players.
Play as Freedom Squadron as you battle to defeat VENOM, in a co-op, deck-building game with dice based combat for 1-5 players. Read more
About this project
VENOM Assault is an 80's cartoon-inspired cooperative deck building game for 1-5 players, ages 14 and up. You and your fellow tacticians will aid Freedom Squadron by recruiting the best and brightest soldiers to join your team. Your multinational force has one purpose: Defeat VENOM before they unleash havoc upon the world. You'll need to assemble the most elite personnel and vehicles before you battle the forces of evil using a unique dice-based combat system. Finally, once your decks have been assembled, you are ready to take the fight to VENOM before their sinister plan is completed!
Are you up to the challenge?
• Setup begins by choosing among the 11 Missions provided with VENOM Assault, each detailing a unique threat that VENOM poses towards the world’s livelihood, and also states specifics for how the game’s various decks should be assembled for this game.
• As the game begins, each player takes a turn, completing each phase before the next player's turn begins. The first player will reveal a round-long Event Card that may detail positive or negative effects for the players, and may even reveal advancement of VENOM’s major plot. Be careful, because if VENOM advances their plan to completion, Freedom Squadron may not be able to thwart their objective, and all players will lose!
• The normal turn begins with the player revealing their 5-card hand, taking into account each card’s effects as they are played. Every card will offer a set amount of Recruitment Points, which can be used to recruit new, unique members of Freedom Squadron to join your ranks, should you meet or exceed their cost. You may even have a persuasive enough hand to recruit more than one card per turn! Once you have completed recruitment, it is time to plan an attack on VENOM’s strongholds.
• Next, you will be given the option to combat VENOM's forces by carefully choosing a Combat Leader among your hand, and then deciding which of the 7 active VENOM Leaders you have the best tactical advantage over. Adjust the Health and Defense tracks to reflect the enemy's unique stats. Each Combat Leader gains you a number of dice, and each Freedom Squadron Support Card will either grant you bonuses to combat, or additional dice. However, VENOM's forces stand behind their Leader, so they too will have cards to augment combat in their favor.
• When all effects have been applied, roll your dice. This roll must have a number of dice equal to or greater than the VENOM Leader's Health that have rolled the VENOM Leader's Defense value or higher. Success means you have captured the VENOM Leader and have liberated any rewards left behind on their base. Failure will send your forces home.
• If the liberated rewards, captured VENOM Leader, or successful attack trigger the victory conditions set on the Mission Card, Freedom Squadron emerges victorious against the forces of VENOM, and all players are winners. However, in gratitude, the United Nations will wish to recognize their most effective tactician, and by tallying each player’s individual Victory Points, the Medal of Honor will be bestowed upon the most successful player.
• If the combat did not meet the final Victory Condition listed on the Mission Card, your turn comes to an end by discarding all cards in play, refilling any emptied zones, and allowing you to move a card from your played cards to the Retirement Pile. This lets you easily remove any cards that may be cluttering up your Draw Deck.
Find a copy of the full rule book here: VENOM Assault Rule Book
For a more detailed look at game play, see a walkthrough of a turn in the video below:
VENOM Assault is fun cooperative deck builder, but don't take our word for it. Check out what reviewers had to say about the game:
"This is definitely a grade A game and I really enjoyed it. The finished artwork makes it an even better game." - Brian Everett of Cloak and Meeple
"This game is fun and has the nostalgia factor and the combat system is unique and enjoyable. " - Tom and Molly from Forensic Gameology
"The cards are laid out so well it gives the game a nice AI that works well." - Patrick Seibert from Just Got Played
"You're never lacking the type of card that helps you thin out your deck. It's a refreshing and original mechanic in a deck builder." - Brian Fiore from Just Got Played
All in all it is a really cool experience and I hope alto of people take notice of this game. Because it is a really cool fun experience and unique enough to stand out. Michael from NVS Gameplays
"My wife and I learned the game from scratch in 15 minutes which is impressive even considering our veteran gamer status." Chris Hamm from Life in Games - Read the Review Here
"I like how the board clearly shows where the cards go. The combat is interesting and really like the way you track the VENOM Leaders health and defense." Melissa Delp.
"I really appreciate all the different scenarios that come with the game. We only have the prototype copy and the artwork is very good and when all done it will be pretty sweet."
Kevin Delp and Melissa Delp from Tantrum House - Watch their review here!
We really enjoy the teamwork aspect on this game it really shines through and the fact there is a ramp of feeling like things are not going your way or get you may get to a tipping point."
Jeff King of All Us Geeks - Watch their review here!
One or our backers who got to play a few rounds of the game posted his impressions on the game. Give it a read to see what impressed him so much to back the game.
If you enjoy thematic games, you will definitely appreciate VENOM Assault. I feel like gameplay mechanics are well represented through the theme. Zack Hillegas of Board Game Resrouce - Read the Review Here.
Visit www.Spyglassgames.com for more detailed information on your favorite pledge level!
Here at SpyGlass Games, we love our FLGS, and we know that retailers would like an opportunity to stock our games. Our goal is to make purchasing our titles easier for you. Our Bastion pledge level has been created with you in mind, and will allow you to get several copies of the game at once, save on shipping, and receive a bulk discount. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us: SpyGlass Contact
Once you have backed VENOM Assault, spread the word about this game by using these avatars to show your support! The Avatars should be perfectly sized for Facebook, Twitter, and other social media sites!
Risks and challenges
As a first time project, VENOM Assault faces challenges most new creators have. However, in order to negate these first time issues and give ourselves plenty of time for fulfillment, we have created 90% of the game up front. We have been in constant communication with a manufacturer and a fulfillment center, in order to comprehensively understand the time frames and costs associated with these processes. The only pieces of the game remaining to be completed after the Kickstarter's successful funding will be artwork, which is already being worked on by our talented and professional artists, as well as any "General Steel" level cards created in those backers' likenesses.
With backgrounds that include Game Design, Project Management, Print Center Management, Graphic Design, and a veteran's account on Kickstarter from the perspective of a backer, we are familiar with every aspect of a project's completion, right down to delivery to your doorstep. SpyGlass' view is always from a customer perspective, ensuring that you get the most enjoyable, timely, and simple fulfillment of your Kickstarter pledge.
During the fulfillment of VENOM Assault, SpyGlass Games will bring frequent updates to the backers, so that you are informed during every step in our journey.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)