• Non-profit Pop Culture Hero Coalition is raising funds to distribute the interactive SuperKids coloring book -- which provides mental health support to children who are hospitalized with severe, physical illness -- helping them with fear, anxiety, depression, anger, chronic pain, and feelings of powerlessness and marginalization.
• Facing a LIFE-THREATENING ILLNESS is hard enough -- but most of us can only imagine the emotional challenges these children face. We hope you'll join us as we give these kids the PSYCHOLOGICAL SUPPORT they need!
• Pop Culture Hero Coalition's all-volunteer staff has teamed up with Superhero Therapy author Dr. Janina Scarlet, as well as IDW Wynona Earp comic book artist Lora Innes and Ultimate Spiderman writer / My Little Pony artist Thom Zahler to create this one-of-a-kind, interactive book.
• NOW we need help covering the printing and distribution costs. Our goal is to provide this resource -- as a gift during the holidays -- to as many hospitalized children as possible!!
• This book is dedicated to the memory of comics icon Len Wein, who created WOLVERINE, STORM, and SWAMP THING, and made an indelible mark on the world of pop culture. Len started reading comics when he was hospitalized as a 7 year-old child -- and this book will be distributed to children's hospitals throughout the U.S. and Europe.
• Thank you for your support!! We need you for this crucial last step.
PS: If we achieve stretch goals of $10,000 or more, all funds will be used to create more mental health comic books as resources to help children who are struggling with:
- • Bullying
- • Depression
- • Anxiety
- • Loneliness
- • Self-harm
- • Suicidal ideation
- • Recovering from human trafficking
Thank you for joining us in this crucial work!!
Risks and challenges
We have no risks! The SuperKids interactive comic book is complete, on Pop Culture Hero Coalition's own dime — and now we need funds to distribute the book to all the kids who need it!Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)