CUTE ANIMALS ON FIRE - The Super Art Fight Party Game of Drawing Destruction is the first ever home edition of SUPER ART FIGHT.
Super Art Fight is a live improv comedy show that pits artists against each other on a giant canvas all while being hosted by two moderately funny(wish) commentators and kept in line by a big, scary ref. This live parody of professional wrestling asks artists to dress up as weird and amazing characters and draw funny responses to topics given to them by our famous WHEEL OF DEATH! Topics like: Kitty Twister, Giants with Baby Arms, Babe Lincoln, and Cute Animals on Fire. Hey…weird. Kind of like the title of this game! At the end of every match a winner is chosen by the audience by applause, hollers, screams. We have been putting this crazy show on for a decade and finally found a way to turn it into a game that you can take home and play without involving any of us, effectively making the live…show…useless.
It’s simple really. You get a deck of cards, filled with carefully chosen topics from Super Art Fight’s WHEEL OF DEATH! You also get a REF card and some directions. To start:
- Assign someone to be the ref and put the REF card in front of them. Then have them turn over the first topic card and read it aloud.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes on your phone to give everyone time to draw. Now I know what your thinking…You can’t draw. Well that doesn’t really matter! Use stick figures, label the drawing, hell, write something down if that is the only way you know how to communicate. Just come up with some sort of funny, clever, or unexpected response to the topic.
- At the end of 2 minutes, everyone stops and takes turns presenting their drawing to the ref. The ref then chooses the winning drawing based on ANY CRITERIA THEY CHOOSE (so y’know, pander to them) and then it’s on to round two.
- Just pass the REF CARD clockwise and go again.
- BUT WAIT! There’s a twist! Some of the cards are COMBO cards. If one of these cards comes up, grab someone else’s drawing from a previous round and draw on that. You can change, cover or do anything you want to make this old drawing fit with the new topic.
- The game ends…well, whenever the hell you want. I mean, it’s a party game. We’re all winners here.
If we are lucky enough to pass our $2,000 goal then we want to make it worth your while to really push us over the edge so here are some stretch goals to really get you excited...
If we hit $4,000 - We will expand the deck with 8 new topics with 8 new illustrations, extending the fun for all!
If we hit $6,000 - We will design, print, and include stickers for EVERY backer who chooses a physical reward. These will include a Super Art Fight Logo sticker and a few character stickers from our roster.
If we hit $8,000 - well...let's just go bigger...AGAIN! That's right, another 8 topic cards will be added to the deck.
If we hit $10,000 - we'll tell you if we hit $8,000!
Risks and challenges
We have spent the last year curating the perfect list of topics and play-testing the game in a variety of situations to make sure that the gameplay is perfect.
Each card is illustrated and we are all but complete (approx 90% finished). We are on track to be 100% done before the end of this campaign.
The biggest risk is in the printing. We are using a print company that we have experience with but you never know exactly just how long it will take for a print run to be completed, shipped and then mailed to you. That said, we have experience running KS campaigns and have taken all of that into account to the best of our ability.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (36 days)