1/3 Greenlit + Game Plans
It's been really hectic since the launch of the campaign, but we have loved every second of it. Everyone has been really supportive and we are very happy with the progress we've made in such a short time. We can't get overconfident and stop working now though, in fact, we are working harder than ever to promote our game and reach out to as many people as we can. We'd like your help as well! Just a simple post on your Facebook, Tumblr or Twitter with our link can go a long way, so tell your family and friends and let's get SUPER III funded!
RE: GAME - We'd like to begin today's update with a few of our plans for the game as well as some stretch goals that we mentioned in passing yesterday. Most of these are just ideas in our heads at the moment, but we are working to accomplish all of them. Here's a list of things we are considering:
- Localization: SUPER III will feature both English and Spanish for sure, as we can do those ourselves. We want to add other languages such as Portuguese, Italian, French and German.
- PS4, PS Vita and Xbox One ports: We are currently applying for ID@XBOX, which is a program for indie game developers to get Xbox One DevKits and publish on that platform. We are also contacting Sony to learn about their process to publish in their consoles. These are the most likely platforms we'll target as our engine, GameMaker Studio, natively ports to them.
- 3DS and Wii U ports: Publishing on Nintendo consoles is a bit of a stretch at the moment, as we would have to hire a company to do the porting for us. We'd love to have SUPER III on these consoles of course, but it might only be possible as a stretch goal at the moment.
- Local Multiplayer (Co-Op/Deathmatch): After fooling around with the game a bit yesterday, we figured that making a Deathmatch mode is very viable and fun! We will mess with that mode a bit more and talk about it in a future update. Co-Op also sounds cool, though it requires a lot more work, as we'd have to think about game and level design that is compatible with co-op gameplay.
- Mobile version (iOS and Android):A few weeks ago, we played with the idea of a mobile version of SUPER III and it works really nice. The design keeps the essence of SUPER III, but adapted to mobile platforms. It wouldn't be the same game, as design for mobile is completely different than what we currently have. Instead, it would work more like a runner game, similar to Rayman's Jungle Run. Still, this requires a huge amount of time to pull of, so it might only be possible if a certain amount of money is collected in the campaign.
We'd also like to share some improvements we made in the game today thanks to some feedback we got from our DevLog. We improved character animations by adding some stretching to the sprite when jumping, landing and teleporting into a wall. Here are a couple of GIFs to show this change:
RE: KICKSTARTER - We surpassed $7,000 today! That's about 18% of our goal. We are super happy about the progress we've made so far and we hope it continues to do as well in the coming days. Our community of backers is over 300 strong now as well, and we are glad to have each and every one of you on board. Remember that you can message us at any time if you have any questions or feedback. We get back to everyone that sends us a message.
RE: GREENLIGHT - It's been 3 days since we got SUPER III on Greenlight and we have gotten 1,800 "Yes" votes, putting us 33% on the way to the top 100 games! We really hope to keep this up so that we can get our game Greenlit in the next batch, which should come up the first few days of September. Ask everyone you know that has a Steam account to vote for us!
Lastly, we'd like to tell you about some other great Kickstarter projects that you should totally check out!
Cavern Kings is an infinite action platformer designed to make every playthrough unique and interesting. Inspired by action-packed games like Vlambeer's "Super Crate Box" and the increasing difficulty aspects in "Risk of Rain". Cavern Kings aims to explode with special effects in classical arcade fashion and create interesting synergies with its powerup system. Cavern Kings' powerups stack infinitely, which can lead to some pretty crazy results!
Adventures of Pip is a new take on the classic side-scrolling action platform game where the main character, Pip, evolves by absorbing pixels from his fallen foes. Those same pixels can then be used to blast through environment puzzles and enemies, devolving Pip back to a single pixel.
Check out their Kickstarter Page!
Thanks for reading! We'll be back with more news tomorrow.