UPDATE #4: $20 Whiskey Brittles Sampler ADD-ON - Get it while it's hot!
With just a few days left to go, we're offering one final Add-On: The Whiskey Brittles Sampler! For a $20 pledge increase you'll get to savor each of our 4 delectable flavors (approximately 1 ounce each). Remember, everyone gets one complimentary sample of their choice, so adding this sampler means you'll get two of your favorite flavor.
Caveat emptor: you've never tasted brittle this mind-blowingly good. Consider yourself warned.
UPDATE #3: 20K STRETCH GOAL!
We've got just FOUR more days left to go on Kickstarter. Can you believe it? FOUR more days until sweet, sticky marshmallow victory is ours. For our STRETCH goal finale of 20K, we're taking it back to the old school to the puff that started it all: The notorious "Happy Holidaze" flavor will be available as an option to each and every pledger!
Thank you SO much for all of your support so far. This journey has been nothing short of incredible(s). I'm so looking forward to fulfilling each and every one of your rewards soon. Long Live Sugar Knife Marshmallows!
By popular request, I've added another International Pledge level: $25 for any one dozen, including shipping. Check it out! ---->
UPDATE #2 - GOAL!
Thanks to all your AMAZING support, Sugar Knife hit goal with almost 3 weeks left! Am I dreaming?! I am so very grateful to each and every one of you. A big, sappy thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Now that we've hit the precious 10K mark, it's the perfect time to release my first stretch goal. Marshmallows are certainly my magnum opus but they aren't the only trick (treat?) I have up my sleeve:
15K STRETCH GOAL
If I hit the 15K level, every marshmallow reward pledge will get a sample of one of my fabled Whiskey and Beer Brittles. That's right, folks. BRITTLE. With beer. Or whiskey. You'll get to choose 1 of the 4 flavors below:
Please don't forget to share my Kickstarter with your friends/family/co-workers. 15K is right around the corner - and so are the best marshmallows and brittle you've ever tasted!
Jenna, who's drinking a Mimosa right now.
Thanks to all your AMAZING support, Sugar Knife is more than halfway to goal! Whoot! Now seems the perfect time to unveil the "Mystery Flavor" so many of you have asked about. Can I get a drumroll, please?
Chocolate and raspberry lovers, unite: the newest Sugar Knife puff is a decadent blend of tart, ripe raspberries and Chambord Black Raspberry liqueur, hand-dipped in velvety rich dark chocolate. I know. I moaned too. This delectable beauty will be one of 6 flavors you can choose from at the end of my Kickstarter run.
A million thanks for supporting me in my dream of kick-starting a gourmet marshmallow confectionery. The past year has been an epic journey filled with lots of hard work, comical mistakes, and even a few sugar burns. But it is with a whole lotta pride that I’m now able to present to you what I consider to be THE perfect marshmallow: fluffy, billowy clouds of delicately whipped sugar bursting with intense and unique flavors.
But I need your help to take this to the next level. With your pledge, I'll be able to:
- develop new flavors and treats
- purchase additional kitchen equipment
- buy bulk ingredients & packing supplies
- rent a commercial kitchen so I can really mash these babies out!
- experiment with unique & alternative ingredients (vegan puff?)
- launch a web store right in time for the holidays!
There’s still a lot more to be done and the hard work is far from over, but I want you to share in my sweet success as I continue to grow. Your support means everything to me and in return, you’ll receive my eternal gratitude – and some seriously amazing gourmet marshmallows delivered fresh to your door. How’s that for a partnership?
My Commitment to All-Natural, Premium Ingredients.
Like with anything else, a marshmallow is only as good as the ingredients that go into it. And when I first started making these for my loved ones I refused to give them anything but the absolute best. To this end, I always use the highest quality and all-natural ingredients whenever possible. That means that I juice and zest real lemons, hand-shell vanilla caviar from their pods, brew fresh coffee, grate real chocolate, and sugar dust each square. I use pure cane sugar and filtered water. I use only top-shelf liqueurs – ones chosen for the vibrancy of their flavors as much as their ingredients; for example, my Lemonage à Trois marshmallows are crafted with California-based Ventura Limoncello, which is made with NO artificial dyes or colorings (Yellow #5 is for your crayon box, thankyouverymuch). Local AND natural = double score!
Just as important as the ingredients I use are the ones that I don’t. Sugar Knife marshmallows have ABSOLUTELY NO:
- corn syrup (I make my own sugar syrup)
- corn starch
- beet sugar
- artificial flavorings or artificial food colorings
- chemical preservatives
- industrial-strength flavor extracts
- ...or anything else that I can’t pronounce or would lose a spelling bee over.
It’s All About the FLAVOR.
Premium ingredients, check. Handcrafted with love, check. Great...But what you really wanna know is: how do they TASTE? I invite you to find out for yourself. My signature Kickstarter launch flavors include:
- "Lemonage à Trois" - A sinfully tart threesome of fresh-squeezed lemon juice, lemon zest, and a splash of Limoncello straight from the groves of Ventura, California.
- "NOLA Baby" - Inspired by America's most enchanting city. Experience the deep chicory flavor of Cafe Du Monde Coffee and French Quarter Praline liqueur, peppered with little bits of my legendary bacon brittle. Like, whoa! A marshmallow that’ll make you break out in a second line.
- "Hella Frangelica" – Bay Area love! And nobody does it like The Town. Real Oakland love translates into real Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla Bean swirled with the rich hazelnut taste of Frangelico for an elevated twist on the traditional marshmallow. Hella fresh. Hella good.
- "Ghost Ride the Whip" - The velvety smooth taste of Amaretto with bits of sweet, candied pistachio. Buckle up for this wild ride of explosive flavor.
- "You Fancy, Huh?" – The luxurious dalliance of real, ripe strawberries and Domain Chandon Etoile Rosé Champagne for the ultimate celebration in your mouth. I'll toast to that.
What's the Best Way to Eat a Sugar Knife Marshmallow?
You got 99 problems but ways to eat a Sugar Knife ain't one. I suggest you try them:
- Straight outta the bag. They’re that good.
- In your hot chocolate, traditional style
- In your coffee, nouveau style
- Uh, hello...in S'mores!
- Toasted in an oven and spooned over your favorite ice cream
- In your favorite rice crispy treat recipe
- Sandwiched between two of your favorite cookies - just heat in a microwave for 15-20 seconds
- ...the possibilities are endless!
Please share your unusual and inventive ways of devouring a Sugar Knife puff at www.facebook.com/SugarKnifeMarshmallows. "Like" my page and every month I'll pick a photo winner and send that lucky dog a dozen marshmallows and a Sugar Knife T-Shirt! You can also follow me on Instagram @sugarknifemarshmallows.
For all Add-Ons simply increase your pledge by the amounts listed below. This can be done at your initial pledge or before my run ends on November 23rd. Once over, you'll be able to specify your preference of marshmallow flavors, T-shirt size, etc. in a survey.
- For a $15 Add-On to any reward level, you'll get the dopalicious Limited Edition Sugar Knife coffee mug
- For a $20 Add-On to any reward level, you'll get the make-your-friend-jealous Whiskey Brittles Sampler (1 oz of each 4 flavors)
- For a $25 Add-On to any reward level, you'll get a super soft American Apparel Sugar Knife T-Shirt in either Women or Men's fit. Proudly Made in America! (Please note that pledges of $75 or more already receive one as part of their reward)
- For a $50 Add-On to any reward level, you'll be rockin' the super cool American Apparel Sugar Knife Zip Hoodie
$20,000 Stretch Goal ~ Holiday Flavors & Sugar Knife Hot Cocoa Kits - If I hit $20k in funding, I'll be able to add Gourmet Hot Cocoa Kits and grow my product line with even more amazing flavors, including Holiday concoctions like:
- "Happy Holidaze" - Real Bourbon Madagascar Vanilla Bean, Bailey's Irish Cream, Peppermint Swirls
- "The Gingerbread Grinch" - Gingerbread Spices, Oronoco Rum
- "Pumpkin High" - Pumpkin, Cinnamon & Spices, Grand Marnier
Risks and challenges
In this day and age of outsourcing, mass production, and cost-cutting (choosing cheaper but inferior ingredients), my biggest challenge would be staying true and steadfast to my artisan philosophy of never sacrificing quality for price. However, my dedication to making only the finest and the best essentially defines Sugar Knife Gourmet Marshmallows. This dedication is one thing that I'll never compromise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
Support this project
- (30 days)