As of July 29th we hit our goal! Can we make the stretch?
(Remember: All project backers will receive each stretch goals we unlock to compliment their pins!)
Show team pride in the most ~*Elegant*~ way with Rococo-Inspired lapel pins!
Team Mystic represents wisdom and evolution. The design invokes elements of Art Nouveau, which takes from the organically inspired swoops and swirls of Rococo. In other words, Art Nouveau is an evolution from Rococo! The brocade of Blanche’s waistcoat depicts a wave and pearl pattern; the headdress, a nod to Articuno's own icy plumage; and the backdrop is a snowfall (Powder Snow) against a wintry stained-glass window.
Team Valor represents bravery, power, and passion. This design is probably the most 'pure' Rococo of the three, but does take design motifs from both the competing French and Italian styles ( w/ a nod to Carnevale di Venezia!) during the time period. I chose the sun’s rays (Moltres's "Sunny Day") as the stained glass motif and whorls with buds to represent the spring that Moltres is said to bring. The overall design was set to aim for the more protective and life-giving aspect of fire.
Team Instinct is all about following your true nature. My friend suggested a Rococo x Art Deco fusion. Both movements involved an excessive degree of self-expression, and I challenged myself to mix together the angular style of Zapados and Art Deco with the organic elements beloved in the Late Baroque period. The stained glass background is, of course, a lightning storm (Thunder Shock)!
STRETCH GOALS: (So far)
What are we making?
- 1.5" long pins, framed in gold, designed to make you the center of attention!
- Pins are created via a combination of CMYK offset printing and die struck metal. The printed portion is covered a with high-grade resin enamel doming to give the graphics an intense shine. For this project, soft enamel was chosen over hard to give more pattern play against the shine.
- The final result is a heavy-duty, colorful pin that will feel like jewerly.
- All pins will include flat-head clutches which ensure better comfort, durability, and support compared to butterfly and rubber backings.
- Each pin is signed and dated (but not numbered) on the back.
About This Project
Rococomon is a larger art project I've been working on that focuses on re-imagining Pokemon and Trainers in a Rococo x Steampunk decorative fusion. After getting feedback on these particular designs and others, I'm ready to move forward. I've finished the artwork and picked my manufacturers. Now all I need to do is to see who is interested!
Risks and challenges
SHIPPING & PACKAGING
- The big one. On a separate endeavor, I've been doing online mail order sales for 5 years now. Even though I'm one person handling everything, I have my shipping and packing methods streamlined and double-check each package before delivery. No worrying about not having enough materials to get your order sent to you, bad packaging, and other nuisances.
- The OTHER big one! This is why we're here, right?
- Producers already chosen, quotes given, and files are good to go. All that's missing is your support. Items need about 25 days for production, wiggle room for shipping to me, and then, after inspection, packing and shipping to you.
The biggest risk in sourcing are production delays and quality control. This Kickstarter will keep everyone updated on any issues that may arise.Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
- (30 days)