WFTO Wednesday #52: Super Units
We can’t believe that it’s been (almost) a whole year since our Kickstarter ended! To start this post off, here’s a few amazing stats from our forum community: You have collectively:
- Created 3102 new threads
- Posted 39,429 replies to threads
- Had 482 Problems which were (on average) solved in just 12 minutes
- Liked 16121 posts made by other members (not the Facebook kind)
- Visited our websites 3,684,193 times
The above stats barely scratch the surface of what you have helped us accomplish. Thanks to you we've revisited characters, rebuilt rooms and improved upon the designs of dozens of other rooms, units, abilities, spells, potions, and rituals. To top all of that off you've helped us find, reproduce and fix hundreds of bugs, making WFTO more enjoyable and stable for everyone!
Thank you all for being the best possible community any developers could ever hope for. We can’t wait to reward all of you with the polished, amazing game that would never have had a chance to exist without your constant support and input.
Now for a special treat… we are pleased to finally reveal the three units that we teased all the way back during our Kickstarter campaign (over a year ago now!). These units boast immense power and will help turn the tide of even the most hopeless conflict in your favour.
Unit Spotlight: Behemoth (Wrath Upgrade)
The primal, wrathful nature of the Universe is rarely tamed and even less regularly tempered - however a mastery of the energies that float unseen through both the Realms and the Aether do allow a skilled individual to harness this elemental fury.
By tapping into the chaotic nature of the universe a Cultist will be transformed into a violent and twisted Behemoth - a force of unstoppable wrath that will leave broken bodies and crumbled fortifications in its wake. The Underlord who is capable of summoning this fearsome ally will find entertainment in the fearful cries of their foes who flee in every direction at the sight of the Behemoth’s monstrous, imposing frame.
- Sturdy (Passive): The Behemoth is immune to all forms of crowd control, cannot be picked up by the player, does not eat, does not sleep, does not gain experience or level up, and leaves no body once defeated.
- Siege Weapon (Passive): The Behemoth deals increased damage to and takes reduced damage from enemy defences.
- Relentless (Passive): The Behemoth regenerates health extremely quickly.
- Dread (Passive): The Behemoth invokes fear in his enemies, reducing the morale of all nearby enemy units.
- Rampant Charge (Active): The Behemoth charges head first at an enemy unit or defence, damaging, knocking back, and stunning all enemy units he collides with and heavily damaging any defences he collides with.
Unit Spotlight: Eternal (Sloth Upgrade)
Life and death, space and time - these constants mean nothing to the Eternal. Ignoring both fate and chance this being knows both what is and what can not be, and it delights in twisting both reality and unreality together as it sees fit.
Those beings who dare trespass against their predetermined fate intrigue the Eternal, and with their reckless meddling they can entice it, temporarily, to their realm with such feats. Upon invoking the forgotten ritual the Cultist will find his own mortality shredded to infinitesimal shards and cast across the universe as the Eternal enters his host.
Though the Eternal only returns long enough to amuse himself with the workings of mortals, it is an inspiring foe to behold, and nigh-impossible to defeat before he has permanently swung the fight to your favour.
- Sturdy (Passive): The Eternal is immune to all forms of crowd control, cannot be picked up by the player, does not eat, does not sleep, does not gain experience or level up, and leaves no body once defeated.
- Eternal Core (Passive): While the Eternal is alive, the Dungeon Core of the player who owns it will take 90% reduced damage. The Eternal is visible on the map to all enemy players.
- Mana Font (Passive): The Eternal generates a moderate amount of mana.
- Steadfast (Passive): The Eternal’s mighty presence increases the morale of all nearby friendly units.
- Seismic Slam (Active): The Eternal slams the ground with its massive fists, stunning all hostile targets in an area surrounding it for several seconds.
Unit Spotlight: Archon (Greed Upgrade)
It is said that when the universe was young there existed a sect of mages who unlocked the secrets to immortality by magically trapping and torturing one of the first, primal gods.
Upon discovering how to harness the powers of this being they succumbed, one by one, to the unholy knowledge that they had reaped from their torturous studies. As they spoke the forgotten words they found themselves able to trespass upon the afterlife... and return unscathed.
These power-hungry and greed-bound mages have spent aeons amassing great wealth and fortune upon worlds of their choosing - populated by the spirits of those they chose to enslave in their eternal quest for riches. They return to inhabited realms only when the allure of great treasure pulls at them - or when another soul invokes a fragment of the selfsame spell they once used to become as gods.
Those who call an Archon to their side will find themselves allied with the spirits of their fallen foes, and fear falling themselves to an enemy blade… so as to avoid this frightful being binding their own essence to himself for all eternity.
- Sturdy (Passive): The Archon is immune to all forms of crowd control, cannot be picked up by the player, does not eat, does not sleep, does not gain experience or level up, and leaves no body once defeated.
- Godly Presence (Passive): Significantly boosts the combat stats of all nearby friendly units.
- Binding Chains (Passive): The Archon’s basic attacks wrap the target in chains, stunning them for several seconds.
- Reaper of Souls (Active): Every time an enemy unit near the Archon is defeated, the Archon will summon a Sentinel with limited life.